Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A planned movie prequel to The Sopranos TV series is keeping it in the family. According to Deadline, Michael Gandolfini will play young Tony Soprano, the role that made his late father, James Gandolfini, famous. The Many Saints of Newark will explore the life of the young mobster in the 1960s. ... "It's a profound honor to continue my dad's legacy while stepping into the shoes of a young Tony Soprano," Michael Gandolfini, 19, said.

Comments

---- the writers for ------- up season 6 and the ending which shoulda coulda been so much more for the die hards. ugh. #unforgivable

#1 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2019-01-23 01:10 PM | Reply

I probably would have skipped this movie altogether but I'm sort of interested now that his kid is playing the character.

#2 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-01-23 01:35 PM | Reply

Dr. Ben Sobel: What happened with your wife last night?

Boss Paul Vitti: I wasn't with my wife, I was with my gumar.

Dr. Ben Sobel: Are you having marriage problems?

Boss Paul Vitti: No.

Dr. Ben Sobel: Then why do you have a girlfriend?

Boss Paul Vitti: What, are you gonna start moralizing on me?

Dr. Ben Sobel: No, I'm not, I'm just trying to understand, why do you have a girlfriend?

Boss Paul Vitti: I do things with her I can't do with my wife.

Dr. Ben Sobel: Why can't you do them with your wife?

Boss Paul Vitti: Hey, that's the mouth she kisses my kids goodnight with! What are you, crazy?

www.urbandictionary.com

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2019-01-23 01:49 PM | Reply

Tony Soprano = Donald Trump

#4 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2019-01-23 02:05 PM | Reply

"Tony Soprano = Donald Trump"

Trump doesn't have the self awareness to seek out a therapist.

#5 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-01-23 02:45 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

how did we segue into Donald Trump?

someone needs to get into therapy stat.

LOOK! Trumo is hiding in those bushes!

#6 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2019-01-23 03:11 PM | Reply

"Trumo is hiding in those bushes!" - #6 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2019-01-23 03:11 PM

Well, you know that's bullschitt right there.

Trump's ego would never allow him to hide anywhere, much less in "those bushes."

#7 | Posted by Hans at 2019-01-23 03:17 PM | Reply

Best Series Ever. So let's beat the last drop of money out of it that we can.

#8 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-01-23 08:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Sopranos season 7-

the early years.

script topics:
a. gangsters must wear pink every so often
b. toxic gangster masculinity while young tony grows up
c. empathy issues while bludgeoning rival gangsters
d. feelings. whoa whoa whoa feelings.

what possibly could the script folks in tinseltown screw up?

#9 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2019-01-23 10:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Look at all the anti hollywood trump supporters fawning all over a hollywood tv show.

#10 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-01-24 11:48 AM | Reply

Trump couldn't carry Tony's wife-beater.

#11 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2019-01-24 05:45 PM | Reply