Tuesday, January 22, 2019

"I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. 'Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump.'" the former New York City mayor told The New Yorker's Isaac Chotiner. "Somehow, I don't think that will be it. But, if it is, so what do I care? I'll be dead. I figure I can explain it to St. Peter. He will be on my side."

Comments

"Giuliani, the president's lead attorney on matters related to special counsel Robert Mueller's ongoing inquiry into the 2016 presidential election, went on to say that "as a lawyer" he didn't believe he had ever said anything untruthful, and said he has "a sense of ethics that is as high as anybody you can imagine."

"All I think about is doing a good job and what I believe in. When I was mayor, I got criticized for a lot of things I was praised for now," Giuliani said. "And, I think, when this is over, you are going to see that we are defending an innocent man who has been very unfairly treated."

"Don't f'n lie to me, boy, I ain't no dumb rwinger!" - Peter, Official Saint

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2019-01-22 05:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I figure I can explain it to St. Peter. He will be on my side.

A wise man would hope he was on St. Peter's side, not the other way around.

#2 | Posted by truthhurts at 2019-01-22 05:57 PM | Reply

We won't bury you, Rudy. We'll stuff you and put you on display.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2019-01-22 07:09 PM | Reply

rudy is going to be known as the guy that started out as likable and popular, then squandered the publics good will with his antics.

first in new york, then again in the rest of america post 9/11. it's sad, actually...the guy used to have convictions.

#4 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2019-01-22 07:17 PM | Reply

Lying for Morgenthau wouldn't fit???

Racist trash like Giuliani is what's holding back progressive reform in this country.

Of course, that's what conservatives like about him.

The fact that he's racist trash is just the icing on the cake.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-22 07:35 PM | Reply

What a piece of... Flush him.

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-01-23 12:04 AM | Reply

"He lied for Trump. BTW, do you remember 9/11?"

#7 | Posted by AMERICANUNITY at 2019-01-23 03:51 AM | Reply

What's cute is that Rudy thinks he'll be on the elevator going UP when he dies.
Me thinks he'll be on the one going DOWN.

#8 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2019-01-23 05:12 AM | Reply

No what will surprise him is that when he is dead he will just be dead. Like everyone else.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2019-01-23 07:11 AM | Reply

On his gravestone will be a very large brown smear, covering over any words of praise for his public service. Rudy himself applied that sticky substance to the monument...

#10 | Posted by catdog at 2019-01-23 09:24 AM | Reply

The big question remains, who will play Rudy in the inevitable movie(s) about this disastrous period in our history?

Steve Buscemi seems a good choice. Comically inept villain with a heart of, uh, misery, always saying something weird and making everyone uncomfortable. We're going to need a wood chipper.

#11 | Posted by cbob at 2019-01-23 09:42 AM | Reply

"Giuliani: Afraid 'Lying for Trump' Will Be on My Gravestone"

Well then, he'd better make a provision in his will to be cremated.

#12 | Posted by NerfHerder at 2019-01-23 09:45 AM | Reply

"Afraid 'Lying for Trump' Will Be on My Gravestone"

Says a thing or two about what his family thinks of him, doesn't it?

#13 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2019-01-23 09:54 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

If they don't have an armed guard at his grave site 365 days a year someone will go there and make sure it does say that on his tombstone.

#14 | Posted by danni at 2019-01-23 01:04 PM | Reply

Afraid I know a lot more about 9/11 than I am admitting to on gravestone.

#15 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2019-01-23 08:01 PM | Reply

"I am afraid it will be on my gravestone.... But, if it is, so what do I care?"

This fool can't even keep a story about his own emotions straight in the same sentence.

His whole purpose is to execute putin's strategy of making the public feel like there is no such thing as facts or truth, so what's the point of trying to find the truth.

#16 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-01-23 09:25 PM | Reply

#16 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

Now putskin is in on Giuliani's funeral?
Area 51 is calling you.

#17 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-01-24 10:59 AM | Reply

Giuliani: Afraid 'Lying for Trump' Will Be on My Gravestone

How are they going to cast all the characters in the movie about the Trump presidency when there's only one Gary Busey?

#18 | Posted by Hans at 2019-01-24 11:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Alec ballswine gets the part.. If he can stay out of court long enough.

#19 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-01-24 11:24 AM | Reply

Are Randy Quaid and Jeff Daniels still alive?

#20 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-01-24 11:24 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Are Randy Quaid and Jeff Daniels still alive?" - #20 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2019-01-24 11:24 AM

I believe they're milking the bull.

#21 | Posted by Hans at 2019-01-24 11:26 AM | Reply

Now putskin is in on Giuliani's funeral?
Area 51 is calling you.

#17 | Posted by phesterOBoyle

What said anything about a funeral?

Your 4th grade teacher is calling you.

#22 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2019-01-24 11:49 AM | Reply

What said anything about a funeral?
Your 4th grade teacher is calling you.
#22 | POSTED BY SPEAKSOFTLY

This thread is about Giuliani's gravestone.
~patiently explains that graves stones have a lot to do with funerals.

#23 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2019-01-24 12:31 PM | Reply