Thursday, January 17, 2019

Rudy Giuliani said Wednesday that he never denied President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with the Russian government during the 2016 campaign, only that the President himself was not involved in collusion.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

GIULIANI: Well, you just misstated my position. I never said there was no collusion between the campaign! Or between people in the campaign --

Comments

Manu Raju @mkraju

"If the collusion happened, it happened a long time ago. It's either provable or it's not. It's not provable because it never happened ... There's no chance it happened with the president of the United States," Rudy Giuliani said. "I have no idea what other people were doing."

#1 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-01-16 10:53 PM | Reply

Ahhhh,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

That's gold, Rootie, that's gold!

#2 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2019-01-16 10:55 PM | Reply

"If the collusion happened, it happened a long time ago."

It all happen long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-01-16 10:58 PM | Reply

It all happen long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

#3 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

Where a great adventure took place.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-01-16 11:02 PM | Reply

John Whitehouse
@existentialfish

rudy giuliani: "I never said there was no collusion between the campaign! Or between people in the campaign"
2,441
9:12 PM - Jan 16, 2019

nymag.com

"Hey Mom, I never said no one ever took some cookies, just that I did-int!"

#5 | Posted by Corky at 2019-01-17 12:15 AM | Reply

Well, at least he admitted that our stable genius president didn't know anything about this. I'm glad to hear that.

#6 | Posted by autonomous at 2019-01-17 06:37 AM | Reply

If you want to see twelve people with their jaws dropped into their laps, watch Rudy Giuliani argue to a jury.

A lawyer starts arguing like that, why, you just naturally have to put him away.

#7 | Posted by nimbleswitch at 2019-01-17 06:37 AM | Reply

Giuliani is arguing that Trump couldn't possibly know if his campaign people colluded or not. How many times have we heard Trump say or tweet "There was no collusion" and "The only collusion was by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats." ?

So Giuliani is now arguing that Trump doesn't know what he's talking about.

#8 | Posted by nimbleswitch at 2019-01-17 07:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Somebody else did it!

Sounds familiar. Isn't that Trump's customary escape route when he starts to feel the noose around his neck?

#9 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-01-17 07:05 AM | Reply

NIMBLE

"The only collusion was by Hillary Clinton and the Democrats."

That's just another one of Trump's throwout lines he uses to change the subject.

It's pitiful and weak . . . but then so is Trump.

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-01-17 07:17 AM | Reply

Mimi Rocah @Mimirocah1

Mimi Rocah Retweeted CNN
This has got to be the moment when Manafort realizes he shouldn't have lied to Mueller.

CNN @CNN

Rudy Giuliani says Trump didn't collude with Russia, but can't say if campaign aides did cnn.it

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-01-17 07:58 AM | Reply

Ryan Goodman @rgoodlaw
30 Jul 2018

Giuliani: When I say no collusion between Trump campaign and Russia, I'm only speaking about top 4 or 5 people in campaign.

On CNN earlier Monday, Giuliani said Manafort was not so central a player, and named 5 people above him in importance.

Transcript of Giuliani (in second interview trying to clean up mess he made earlier):

On Russia collusion, "when I say the Trump campaign, I mean the upper levels of the Trump campaign ... top 4 or 5 people"

Listen at end to audio: off camera Fox News person saying, "Oh my God"

twitter.com

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-01-17 08:08 AM | Reply

Thanks GAL. I heard that, too.

#13 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-01-17 08:20 AM | Reply

Rudy Giuliani impresses me as just a hack lawyer with a big mouth. Strange that the president -- a stable genius who knows all the best people -- would associate with, much less hire, a guy like that for anything. He's certainly not helping the president's case.

#14 | Posted by nimbleswitch at 2019-01-17 08:22 AM | Reply

NIMBLE

He roils the butt-boils on Trump supporters with alternate facts. That's his only job.

#15 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-01-17 09:19 AM | Reply

Twin, it sounds to me like Rudy is trying to protect Trump and his kids ("I'm only speaking about top 4 or 5 people in campaign."), and that they will throw everybody else under the bus if they have to.

Top 4 or 5 people = Trump, Don Jr, Eric, Jared and Ivanka

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2019-01-17 09:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

GAL @ #16

I agree. That makes sense.

#17 | Posted by Twinpac at 2019-01-17 10:26 AM | Reply

That's how I read it as well.

If you look back at Rudy's long history of verbal missteps (dating back to before he was Mayor), like Trump he thinks he can say whatever he wants and fix it later.

That may have worked in NYC, where most people are used to people lying to them on a daily basis, but on a national stage...not so much.

#18 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-17 01:23 PM | Reply

- Trump, Don Jr, Eric, Jared and Ivanka

The White House Five Scandal.

#19 | Posted by Corky at 2019-01-17 01:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

In the game of WH musical chairs, those are the only ones guaranteed to have a seat when the music stops.

And if Mueller is the one that stops the music, then all bets are off.

#20 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-17 02:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I would say that was surreal, if it weren't for the fact that it was Giuliani in the hot seat. That dude is so messed up, I think Trump hired him in order to make Trump appear sane.

#21 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2019-01-17 05:45 PM | Reply

What is this Confusion with Collusion?

Is it an Illusion or a Delusion?

#22 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-01-17 05:59 PM | Reply

He wasn't there.. doesn't know so he can't say.
#truthteller