Tuesday, January 15, 2019

It was a rough day for author and CNN legal analyst Areva Martin on Tuesday. Martin accused Sirius XM radio and Fox Nation host David Webb of "white privilege" during a segment on a radio program before he broke the news. "Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should've been better prepped. I'm black," Webb said. The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job. "I've chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I'm qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue," Webb said. "That's a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don't have the privilege of," said Martin – who also hosts CBS' "Face the Truth."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

A dumbfounded Webb asked, "How do I have the privilege of white privilege?"

Comments

She absolutely blew her argument right there, and however, she did make a very strong case for racism............... Hers...............!!!

#1 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2019-01-15 05:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Whenever one of my colleagues says they have white privilege, I always wonder if it's contagious. Should I try to catch it, or protect myself from it?

#2 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-01-15 05:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

i'm pretty sure that the SJWs of the DR won't be posting much more than deflections to Fox News on this thread...

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-15 05:31 PM | Reply

It depends on how "tan" you are.

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-15 05:31 PM | Reply

A dumbfounded Webb asked, "How do I have the privilege of white privilege?"

Same way OJ did before the low-speed chase?
OJ was the black person white America felt safe to love.
They even joked about how he'd bang your wife.
"Nordberg!"

You get the privilege of being the house n-----.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-15 05:34 PM | Reply

Where does CNN get these young know-nothings?

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-01-15 05:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You get the privilege of being the house n-----.

#5 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2019-01-15 05:34 PM

Oh, you're not racist at all...

#7 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-15 05:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Oh, you're not racist at all...

#7 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2019-01-15 05:42 PM | REPLY

Not that you could explain what was racist about his comment anyway...

#8 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2019-01-15 05:45 PM | Reply

"All your blacks belong to us."

--The Left

#9 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-01-15 05:46 PM | Reply

I'd love to see Snoofy's dental bill if he went down to Oak Park and called someone that...

#10 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-15 05:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

#7, I'm almost afraid to ask whether #5 was directed at me, but whatever. Spoofy is nothing but an online garbage bot.

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2019-01-15 06:00 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

"It's hilarious to me that the SJWs think they can get away with clearly racist terms like Snoofy's #5 because they think they are "woke."

???

Anyone can type n-----.

House n. has a specific meaning which everyone here knows and is germane to this topic.

#12 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-15 06:36 PM | Reply

"#7, I'm almost afraid to ask whether #5 was directed at me, but whatever."

I'm not afraid it to inform you it was a retort to Webb's question, but whatever.

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-15 06:38 PM | Reply

Do Uncle Tom next!
Do Uncle Tom next!

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-15 06:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#12 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

If you are a racist.

#15 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-01-15 06:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

BS, Andrea, a mattress.

The meaning of house n. doesn't hinge on the prejudices of either the speaker or the audience.

This isn't code, like "thug" or "welfare queen" or "suspect with no outstanding warrants."

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-15 06:48 PM | Reply

"Do Uncle Tom next!"

You just did.

#17 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-15 06:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

You just did.

You are learning, Grasshopper...

#18 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-15 06:52 PM | Reply

LOL this sounds like something Dirk would do.

#19 | Posted by jpw at 2019-01-15 09:46 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#19 FF

#20 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-01-15 09:48 PM | Reply

Funny mistake.

#21 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2019-01-15 10:56 PM | Reply

and a speech impediment due to his tongue piercing.
#19 | POSTED BY JPW

That tongue piercing is why he has all the guys hanging around.

#22 | Posted by nobiasposter101 at 2019-01-16 10:48 AM | Reply

You get the privilege of being the house n-----.
#5 | POSTED BY SNOOFY

Wow, racist comments against Asian and blacks in the same week. How very progressive of you.

#23 | Posted by nobiasposter101 at 2019-01-16 10:49 AM | Reply

#23 | POSTED BY NOBIASPOSTER101

He's covered in his mind he carries the RaceCard.
encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com

Funny mistake.
#21 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER

Only if you are protected by Liberal privilege.

#24 | Posted by AndreaMackris at 2019-01-16 11:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 4

Only if you are protected by Liberal privilege.
#24 | POSTED BY ANDREAMACKRIS

Yeah, I bet he has a black friend, so he is in the clear in his mind.

#25 | Posted by nobiasposter101 at 2019-01-16 11:06 AM | Reply

-Except Dirk is a middle class late 20-something hipster with skinny jeans, slicked back greasy hair and a speech impediment due to his tongue piercing.

Who wears a Che Guevara t-shirt.

#26 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-01-16 11:07 AM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

This is how I envision him

www.youtube.com

#27 | Posted by nobiasposter101 at 2019-01-16 11:10 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

Webb's reaction was priceless.

#28 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-01-17 12:50 PM | Reply

Where're all the lefties on this thread?

#29 | Posted by nullifidian at 2019-01-17 12:55 PM | Reply

Now that Spoofy was smacked down for his obvious racism, they are busy trying to come up with a new pejorative to hurl at Webb for this situation, because their racist vocabulary doesn't cover it.

#30 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2019-01-17 01:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Where're all the lefties on this thread?"

You plonked them to protect your Safe Space, Nullifidian. Remember?

#31 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 01:29 PM | Reply

I didn't plonk any lefties.

None of them are chiming in on this thread other than you and let's face it, it went very poorly for you.

#32 | Posted by JeffJ at 2019-01-17 01:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What are you talking about?
It's going great for me.
You guys aren't even discussing the topic any more.
Instead you're trying to outdo each other in calling me racist.

By the way, does the term I used and the term RightOCenter used in #14 have different meanings?

#33 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 01:38 PM | Reply

Webb: "I've chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I'm qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,"

There's a difference between choosing to look past the impact of race and claiming there is none.

Webb is not wrong to want to believe he's being judged solely by the content of his character.

But empirical evidence says that is not the way the world actually works.

#34 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 02:00 PM | Reply

But empirical evidence says that is not the way the world actually works.

Nope, the world works on perceptions.

But who's responsibility is it to change perceptions? The race as a whole or the person looking in from the outside?

#35 | Posted by boaz at 2019-01-17 02:54 PM | Reply

"Nope, the world works on perceptions."

That doesn't contradict what I said.

Perceiving someone's skin color... is a perception.

#36 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 03:11 PM | Reply

"Nope, the world works on perceptions."

The Flat Earth Society Agrees.

In fact, they're going to codify that position at their next worldwide convention, where they expect to attract delegates from around the globe.

#37 | Posted by Danforth at 2019-01-17 03:12 PM | Reply

Perceiving someone's skin color... is a perception.

#36 | Posted by snoofy

No, perceiving how someone of a certain skin color is going to react to certain situations is perception.

#38 | Posted by boaz at 2019-01-17 03:13 PM | Reply

Yes, perceiving someone's skin color is a perception.

#39 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 03:24 PM | Reply

"perceiving how someone of a certain skin color is going to react to certain situations is perception."

That's more like a prejudice, when it's the skin color that determines how you think that person will respond.

#40 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 03:25 PM | Reply

prej·u·dice
/ˈprejədəs/
noun
noun: prejudice; plural noun: prejudices

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

Actual experience. So, if you go into the hood and you always get robbed there's the threat of violence, or there stats that say crime happens in these areas more often, is it prejudice then?

#41 | Posted by boaz at 2019-01-17 04:22 PM | Reply

If you apply that knowledge to hoods you haven't actually experienced, then by your definition, it has to be prejudice.

#42 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 04:31 PM | Reply

Boaz didn't you ever get orders to go kill everyone in the village with extreme prejudice???

#43 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 04:36 PM | Reply

Only if it was a liberal village..only the liberal ones.

#44 | Posted by boaz at 2019-01-17 06:01 PM | Reply

Oh, so you're not a baby killer, you're a liberal baby killer.

I apologize for falsely accusing you of killing moderate and conservative babies.

#45 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 06:52 PM | Reply

You stupid Snoofy.

#46 | Posted by boaz at 2019-01-17 07:50 PM | Reply

I'd rather be stupid than kill babies, Boaz.

But I defer to your expertise in both.

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-17 07:55 PM | Reply