Friday, January 11, 2019

The first nudist restaurant in the French capital is being forced to close because it cannot put enough bums on seats. "O'Naturel" will draw the curtain on nude fine dining in Paris in February after a little over a year despite rave reviews from diners who shed their clothes to slurp oysters and feast on snails, foie gras and asparagus.

Comments

Clothes must be left in the cloakroom along with mobile phones, to prevent people from sneaking a photo of other customers.

The diners are then provided with slippers although women -- who make up 40 per cent of the clientele, according to the managers -- may keep their heels on.

O'Naturel -- a play on the French phrase for naked -- was seen as a sign that naturism was becoming ever more mainstream in a country which is the world's top destination for nude tourism.

Four million people holiday "au naturel" in France every year.

With a new summer nudist zone in Paris' biggest park, naked stand-up comedy nights and museum visits, activists did not hide their naked ambition to make further inroads for naturists.

The restaurant's black chair covers are discreetly changed between sittings.

slurp oysters and feast on snails

I'd rather go hungry, thanks.

If I look hard enough I'm sure I can find a few cockroaches for free at my neighbor's house.

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-01-11 03:48 AM | Reply

BTW, I would love to know... who likes looking at saggy ---- while trying to swallow snails???

No wonder they are closing.

#2 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-01-11 03:50 AM | Reply

Lets face facts, most of us look better with cloths on.

#3 | Posted by docnjo at 2019-01-11 08:31 AM | Reply

This business was never going to survive. That's the naked truth.

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2019-01-11 08:37 AM | Reply

Sorry but I don't want to eat with people whose ---- is exposed. Not doing it. I guess I'm a prude.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2019-01-11 08:53 AM | Reply

#5 | Posted by danni at 2019-01-11 08:53 AM | Reply | Flag: Never combined sex and food like a normal person...explains the anger issues....

My problem isn't the nudity. It's OLD nude people eating FRENCH food... which is possibly the worst kind of food in the world.

#6 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-01-11 10:04 AM | Reply

How unfortunate. After slurping you could always say, "I can't find my wallet."

#7 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-01-11 11:12 AM | Reply

Yeah... that might have worked if they weren't keeping your mobile phone and clothes hostage in their closet.

If you don't pay, they'll sell your stuff in the flea market. And you get to go home naked.

Never piss off a French waiter.

#8 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2019-01-11 11:33 AM | Reply

The food sounds particularly gross.

#9 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2019-01-11 11:43 AM | Reply

Looks like it was a bad idea to promote the place by saying "No cover charge".

#10 | Posted by TrueBlue at 2019-01-11 06:36 PM | Reply