Thursday, January 10, 2019

Houthi rebels used an explosive-packed drone to target Yemen's military leaders at an army parade on Thursday, killing six soldiers and wounding several senior officers. The Iranian-backed rebels detonated the drone above a ceremonial dais, spraying Yemeni officers with shrapnel and causing the ceremony to dissolve into chaos.

Comments

The Houthi drone appeared to be based on an Iranian Ababil T drone. It was not clear if the drone was supplied by Iran or constructed by the Houthis based on an Iranian design.

#1 | Posted by tonytripoli at 2019-01-10 01:57 PM | Reply

The should have built a wall to keep them safe. Make the wall 1km high!
- the usuals

#2 | Posted by bored at 2019-01-10 03:01 PM | Reply

It is interesting that drone tech meant the US could wage war without risking pilots, but know rebels can use the tech to attack military leaders.

Good, let the military and rebels target each others leadership and leave the civilians alone.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2019-01-10 03:04 PM | Reply

I like parades that don't get blown up by drones.

~ Cadet Yeti ----- ~

#4 | Posted by Reinheitsgebot at 2019-01-10 09:42 PM | Reply

Now I know why Trump wants his parade.

Good way to keep those Generals loyal.

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2019-01-11 02:30 AM | Reply

twitter.com

twitter.com

#6 | Posted by tonytripoli at 2019-01-11 07:49 AM | Reply

I have no idea why these videos were removed from the intro. These ARE the news.

Do not watch if you like your news sugarcoated.

#7 | Posted by tonytripoli at 2019-01-11 07:50 AM | Reply

My God what a naïve way to look at things. People like you get others killed. You really think the rebels are just going to leave the civilians alone if the military isn't there to protect them?

What a dumb ass you are..

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2019-01-11 08:01 AM | Reply

"U.S. allies have killed thousands of Yemeni civilians from the air. After 22 died at a wedding, one village asks, ‘Why us?'"

www.washingtonpost.com

Guess what, I don't care if the rebels kill some Generals. I applaud them for their efforts. The U.S. needs to cut ties with the sponsors of 9-11, they are not our friends. Iran has never committed comparable crimes against American. Our foreign policy is so totally misguided. We reward our enemies and punish those who would be our friends.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2019-01-11 08:31 AM | Reply

No way someone could ever use a drone to kill someone. They can't carry enough weight!!!

Remember?

We are not prepared.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-01-11 10:58 AM | Reply

We are not prepared.

#10 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT 2019-01-11 10:58 AM | FLAG:

Today I walked down the street... with a spring in my step.... singing "man, I am SO prepared!"

#11 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2019-01-11 11:33 AM | Reply

"My God what a naïve way to look at things. People like you get others killed."

Be honest BOAZ. YOu have no idea who is going to be killed over there but you run your mouth as if you do. Be honest...for once.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2019-01-11 11:35 AM | Reply

Expect all warfare to be like this to one degree or another going forward. Drones, snipers, suicide bombers, vehicular attacks, terrorist assaults at public venues, etc. -- they don't require big armies or vast resources, just commitment and willingness to take risks.

Guerrilla warfare has been around for a long time, but improved technology has put the ability to inflict major damage within reach of your everyday combatant. Humans love to find new ways to kill other humans.

#13 | Posted by cbob at 2019-01-11 02:08 PM | Reply

"man, I am SO prepared!"

#11 | Posted by DirkStruan

I only feel that way when I whistle past the graveyard.

But, that is only because I have already paid for my plot there.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-01-11 02:15 PM | Reply

"I only feel that way when I whistle past the graveyard."

You know, I never learned to whistle. Isn't that strange? Guess I have to make do with singing.

#15 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2019-01-11 02:18 PM | Reply

Guess I have to make do with singing.

#15 | Posted by DirkStruan

And don't forget to skip and Dance.

If you can make it rain at the same time you get extra credit.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-01-11 02:28 PM | Reply

What are your thoughts on your cult leader's withdrawal from Syria?

#17 | Posted by JOE at 2019-01-11 02:33 PM | Reply

What a dumb ass you are..

#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2019-01-11 08:01 AM | FLAG: DELUDED PRATTLE

Erm no... people like you get others killed... and killed... and killed... your career was about bluster death and destruction... subjugation via killing murder and mayhem... and still you can't win... what a waste of resources spent on a giant fraud.

#18 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2019-01-11 02:39 PM | Reply

What are your thoughts on your cult leader's withdrawal from Syria?

#17 | Posted by JOE

Be careful!

You don't want to go alone into Boaz's thoughts.

We care about you Joe.

So please wear a safety harness and take a safety Observer... please!

And do NOT, whatever you do, for Gawds sake, do NOT leave small children alone in there!

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2019-01-11 06:31 PM | Reply

According to the USA and the Saudis, who attacked us on 9-11 but we support anyway, Yemen has no right to their own election. Only the Saudis get to choose Yemenis leaders and if they disagree, then we must help the Saudis kill all the Yemenis.

#20 | Posted by bayviking at 2019-01-11 10:24 PM | Reply