Monday, December 24, 2018

This is a memorable holiday season. I'm likely leaving on a company transfer soon, my youngest son just finished his bachelor of science degree and we all got together today for gumbo. It starts off like this, two dozen crabs, six pounds of shrimp, half a gallon of fresh oysters, three pounds of crab meat and lots of seasoning. It's the biggest gumbo I've ever cooked before and I used mom's 5 gallon stainless Tramontia pot. Celery, bell pepper, onions, garlic, green onions, majoram, thyme, red pepper, black pepper, sea salt, file, and lots of love. Junior cooked the roux. I passed him to manhood on his performance. I hope everyone is having as much fun with their family as I am. Take care Retorters, More to come ...

Comments

Merry Christmas seasons greeting to all including Corky and I love gumbo

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-12-23 01:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

mmm gumbo.
Happy Festivus!

#2 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-12-23 03:54 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

So I should expect my gumbo in mail Wednesday morning?

#3 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-12-23 11:15 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Merry Christmas to all, and that sounds like a delicious Cajun style feast.

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-12-23 11:25 AM | Reply

I wish I could. We fed about 20 and everyone took a doggie bowl.

#5 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-23 11:48 AM | Reply

🎄 🎅 🎁 ⛄ 🌟 🤶 🦌 🙌 🔔 ┃ ⛸

#6 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-23 02:51 PM | Reply

So I should expect my gumbo in mail Wednesday morning?

#3 | POSTED BY PINKYANTHEBRAIN

#MeToo

#7 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-12-23 07:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS AT 07:02 PM | 7 COMMENTS | Okay guy, we are around the Scott/Crowley area so how long a drive to get a bowl 😎

#8 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-12-23 08:21 PM | Reply

You less than an hour!

But I gotta say, folks at the Cankton exit tend to be a little confused.. we to the east... 😂

#9 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-23 10:52 PM | Reply

You less than an hour!

#10 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-23 10:52 PM | Reply

🔯✝

#11 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-12-24 03:29 AM | Reply

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone and in particular Corky.

#12 | Posted by rcade at 2018-12-24 09:53 AM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Happy Holidays everyone! I lurk more than I post, but I love watching everyone's posts day after day. The brilliant and the intellectually sub-obtimal, both.

#13 | Posted by ND_Perspective at 2018-12-24 10:41 AM | Reply

LOL Proofreading...

sub-optimal

#14 | Posted by ND_Perspective at 2018-12-24 10:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Merry refuges looking for a shelter and only finding a manger.

#15 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-12-24 10:54 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Merry Christmas seasons greeting to all including Corky and I love gumbo

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-12-23 01:03 AM | Reply | Flag:
| Newsworthy 1

I like turtles!

#16 | Posted by cbob at 2018-12-24 12:20 PM | Reply

God bless us every one, especially Corky! 🙏🖖

#17 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-24 12:29 PM | Reply

You'd better not pout. You'd better not cry. You'd better not shout, I'm telling you why.

I've got a pick-axe and a very low tolerance for people's emotional outbursts!

#18 | Posted by RevDarko at 2018-12-24 01:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

Awesome

#19 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-24 01:40 PM | Reply

Merry Christmas Lfthndthrds, and to all on the DR.

#20 | Posted by shane at 2018-12-24 02:16 PM | Reply

"Happy Holidays"
--Liberals

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-24 02:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

I don't actually celebrate Christ's Mass, as he was born in late Sept/early October about what we would call 4 BCE during what the Jews call the Feast of Trumpets... the same Feast several authors of several texts written over a couple of thousand of years, in different places for different audiences, before him said he would be born, he would die, be resurrected in great detail... and the same Feast they said he would return.

But then, I predicted Rev Darko would never live this long, or be this funny, so what do I know.

Sloppy Solstice, Rev!

#22 | Posted by Corky at 2018-12-24 05:26 PM | Reply

"I predicted Rev Darko would never live this long, or be this funny, so what do I know."

Well, I'm full of chemical preservatives, so I may not have lived this long. I call it the Keith Richards effect.

As for the funny, well, looks aren't everything.

#23 | Posted by RevDarko at 2018-12-24 07:28 PM | Reply

Jesus, doesn't Rcade provide Corky enough attention already!

Anything I post before Corky, Rcade will post on Corky's behalf.

#24 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-12-24 09:32 PM | Reply

Maybe if you were cuter......

#25 | Posted by Corky at 2018-12-25 12:07 AM | Reply

Its clearly about joint blind loyalty to those devious Democrats/

#26 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-12-25 08:16 AM | Reply

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS and lets STOP ALL THE BOMBING.

#27 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-12-25 09:16 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Merry Christmas!

Especially to Rcade for putting up with All of us. Especially some, I will not name them, they get to much attention already as pointed out above ^!

Fyi: I'm cuter then the nameless

#28 | Posted by PinkyanTheBrain at 2018-12-25 10:33 AM | Reply

Yippie-Kai-Yay mofos.

#29 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-12-25 12:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#29 - my favorite Christmas movie!

#30 | Posted by YAV at 2018-12-25 12:38 PM | Reply

I just watched "It's a Wonderful Life" again after many years of purposefully not doing so.

And I have to admit, Mackris' performance as Mr. Potter was brilliant.... albeit he was playing himself.

www.youtube.com

#31 | Posted by Corky at 2018-12-25 04:17 PM | Reply | Funny: 2 | Newsworthy 1

Happy holidays, especially to Corky. Though we may not agree on much he has always been a gentleman about it. Okay, I've had some holiday wine.....But I meant every word of my post! You guys/gals put the fun in dysfunctional.

#32 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2018-12-25 09:40 PM | Reply

Happy holidays everyone!

#21, yeah, happy holidays. I'm not a Christian, but nod to that as well as those celebrating Chanukah, Festivus, Kwanzaa, New year's, and whatever. I'm still celebrating by seeing my family which is the most important thing to me.

#33 | Posted by dibblda at 2018-12-26 02:05 AM | Reply

Merry Belated Christmas, you filthy animals!

#34 | Posted by jpw at 2018-12-26 09:20 AM | Reply

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.

#35 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-12-26 10:49 AM | Reply