Tuesday, December 18, 2018

"All along you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the national security adviser," the judge told Mr. Flynn. "Arguably that undermines everything that this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out."

Comments

Holy smokes. I was just reading about this in the Washington Post. The judge made it clear he was leaning toward prison time for Flynn, and even asked whether Flynn could have been charged with treason!

Trump needs to tweet some more about witches and Sarah Sanders needs to talk more about ambushes of poor Mr. Flynn. Maybe they should also bash the activist judge while the sentencing is on hold.

#1 | Posted by cbob at 2018-12-18 06:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The judge also told Flynn right to his face that Flynn disgusted him. The judge turned his chair around and pointed to the American flag and told Flynn that he had betrayed everything that flag stands for. The judge finished Flynn off by saying that Flynn had sold out his country.

Personally I think Flynn should get about 10 years. His service to this country does not mean he own it. Flynn sold it out for money. Lots and lots of money.

I don't know what made Flynn turn into such a scum bucket. Maybe he had it in him all along. Or maybe he just found a more lucrative way to supplement his military pension.

#2 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-12-18 06:22 PM | Reply

Think of it this way, whatever he's got on Trump must be really something because he's getting off easy because of it.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2018-12-18 08:54 PM | Reply

After he fully Cooperates I'd like to see Flynn serve a lengthy jail sentence and then be deported for being a traitor. I'm in a good mood or I'd suggest an much harsher punishment.

#4 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-12-18 09:26 PM | Reply

"After he fully Cooperates I'd like to see Flynn serve a lengthy jail sentence"

I just want the judge to LOCK HIM UP.

#5 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-12-18 09:32 PM | Reply

He could have said "republican voters, you've sold your country out" and it would have been just as meaningful.

#6 | Posted by jpw at 2018-12-18 09:48 PM | Reply

Treasons Greetings Deplorables!! 🎅🏻

And a Mueller New Year! 😂🎉

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-18 09:56 PM | Reply | Funny: 5

Treasons Greetings Deplorables!! 🎅🏻

And a Mueller New Year! 😂🎉

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-18 09:56 PM | Reply | Flag:
| Funny: 2

Go Donner! Keep Blitzin'!

#8 | Posted by cbob at 2018-12-18 11:34 PM | Reply

If he hadn't encouraged the "lock her up" chants about Hillary Clinton I might have more sympathy for him but, encouraging the right wing base to "lock up" a public servant who has not broken any laws is sort of disgusting and unAmerican. And please, don't come and argue that Hillary broke laws, she was investigated over and over and nothing was ever revealed to indicate criminality of any kind. Oh, and the Trump Foundation is being dissolved because of criminality while the Clinton Foundation continues on as a well regarded charity.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2018-12-19 08:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

DANNI

I'm happy to see Flynn's chants come back and bite him in the butt but Flynn doesn't seem to care. I'm not even sure he recognizes the irony. Not of that nor the "if I did 1/10th of the things Hillary has done."

He may have been a good general at one time but he isn't any more. He was co-opted way to easy in my opinion, which shows the true mettle of the man. Greedy, vindictive and totally incapable of knowing right from wrong.

Obama dumped him for good reason. Trump picked him up for the same reasons.

#10 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-12-19 08:58 AM | Reply

My take: there is a big fire raging here, kept from view by Mueller, for his own purposes. Flynn has had the fear of God put into himself, and with his legal team has come to the conclusion that a great deal more cooperation with Uncle Bob will be necessary to keep the Bad General out of some Federal pen. Flynn will be talking a lot more, and that fire will engulf the Trump crime syndicate...

#11 | Posted by catdog at 2018-12-19 08:58 AM | Reply

"I just want the judge to LOCK HIM UP."

#12 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 10:23 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

"Why?"

"The judge is setting the stage to go after the entire Hilary campaign."

Riiiiiiight. Thousands of lawyers have been going after HRC for decades, and NOW she's about to get it.....Keep whistling past that graveyard.

"it will soften up the justice dept and force them to start arresting Clinton and Obama people."

And what will they find that Gowdy, Nunes, and the rest of the clown brigade couldn't?

#13 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-12-19 10:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

"Why? LOL. Be careful what you wish for. The judge is setting the stage to go after the entire Hilary campaign. If he makes what Flynn did (whatever that is) bad, then it will soften up the justice dept and force them to start arresting Clinton and Obama people."

Is that the new QAnon spin on things?

#14 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-12-19 10:34 AM | Reply | Funny: 5

"If he makes what Flynn did (whatever that is) bad"

Flynn violated the Logan Act.
Flynn lied to the FBI.
Flynn lied to the VP.
Flynn was attempting to rendition an enemy of Erdogan.

Just to calibrate my reality-O-meter...are these things good, or bad?

#15 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-12-19 10:37 AM | Reply

"Be careful what you wish for. The judge is setting the stage to go after the entire Hilary campaign. If he makes what Flynn did (whatever that is) bad, then it will soften up the justice dept and force them to start arresting Clinton and Obama people."

Ummm ok. Good luck with that!

The Democrats are coming to town.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-19 11:33 AM | Reply

"The judge is setting the stage to go after the entire Hilary campaign. If he makes what Flynn did (whatever that is) bad, then it will soften up the justice dept and force them to start arresting Clinton and Obama people." - #12 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 10:23 AM

Isn't JordyPete the name of an author of children's fairy tales?

#17 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-19 12:04 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

" The judge is setting the stage to go after the entire Hilary campaign. If he makes what Flynn did (whatever that is) bad, then it will soften up the justice dept and force them to start arresting Clinton and Obama people."

Still lying. Clinton has been investigated over and over with no criminality of any kind ever uncovered unless you want to include Pizzagate. Which fools like you completely bought into and were loudly ridiculed for it.

#18 | Posted by danni at 2018-12-19 12:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If he makes what Flynn did (whatever that is)

#12 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 10:23 AMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

Only a Trumpite would pretend to wonder what that is.

Careful, JORDY. This is how you start to sell out your country.

#19 | Posted by Zed at 2018-12-19 12:28 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

You do notice the "treason" is lying to the FBI, what it was covering up is left to conjecture. It could be as innocuous what he had for breakfast on July 17th, 2015. Until I, or someone I trust, can see a fully unredacted transcript of everything the FBI said to Flynn, I will still think it is a witch hunt and they just found one the didn't float.

#20 | Posted by jdmeth at 2018-12-19 01:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"It could be as innocuous what he had for breakfast on July 17th, 2015."

No, it really couldn't.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-19 01:31 PM | Reply

I have one question for Jordy Pete.... Why do you hate America so much???

I am going to go with low IQ, you're a Russian, or both.

#22 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-12-19 01:33 PM | Reply

You do notice the "treason" is lying to the FBI...

Errrr..., no. The judge referenced treason as it regarded the charges brought against Flynn's business associates connected to their contract with Turkey to get the US Government to extradite Gulan on trumped up charges or extrajudicially through forced rendition (kidnapping). In the indictment, Flynn himself was the chief unindicted co-conspirator and the judge was miffed that the SC did not have Flynn plead guilty to the same charges brought against his associates. Along with the implications of Flynn taking one of America's top national security positions while being a paid yet unregistered employee of a foreign government simultaneously, Flynn obviously was not solely operating in the US' interests.

That is the foundation for the judge's hypothetical question about treason, though nothing that Flynn has done rises to that charge because no state of war exists between the US and the countries Flynn was implicated in assisting against his own nation's expressed interests.

#23 | Posted by tonyroma at 2018-12-19 01:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I will still think it is a witch hunt and they just found one the didn't float.

#20 | Posted by jdmeth at 2018-12-19 01:30 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Flynn turned me into a newt.

#24 | Posted by Zed at 2018-12-19 02:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

#13. "Because he violated the public trust. More to the point, why aren't YOU upset Trump chose a NSA whose first fealty was to a different country?"

LOL. This is a fabrication to hide the fact that a bunch of Democrat-led Nazis who are going after anyone who supported Trump.

I can't take anyone seriously who can say what you said and then turn around the Obama Administration and the Hilary campaign!

#25 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 02:14 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

"I am going to go with low IQ, you're a Russian, or both."

You attack me personally. You must know I'm right. You say this and think it's just fine that the Anti-American Leftists have infiltrated and now run the Democrat Party. I think you've lost your mind. Defend that and we can talk, otherwise keep your personal attacks to yourself. That tells me more about you.

#26 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 02:17 PM | Reply

"You must know I'm right." - #26 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 02:17 PM

Or we think you're stupidly naïve.

I go with option number 2.

#27 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-19 02:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"...the Democrat Party..." - #26 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 02:17 PM

There is no such thing.

Get back to us when you've figured out the difference between a noun and an adjective.

#28 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-19 02:29 PM | Reply

"...a bunch of Democrat-led Nazis..." - #25 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 02:14 PM

Devin Nunes isn't a Democrat.

#29 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-19 02:30 PM | Reply

The judge is setting the stage to go after the entire Hilary[sic] campaign.

#12 | POSTED BY JORDYPETE

Definitely too stupid to be a russian. Even sheep trolls better than this incel.

#30 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-12-19 02:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

I'm gonna go ahead and assume, until proven otherwise, that every single person associated with Trump has been a scumbag since the dawn of time, and that aligning themselves with such an idiotic bumbling grifter is the the only reason they got caught.

#31 | Posted by JOE at 2018-12-19 02:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

#31 | Posted by JOE at 2018-12-19 02:32 PM

Safe assumption, Joe.

#32 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-19 02:35 PM | Reply

Is there anything that prevents Flynn from being executed for high treason?

#33 | Posted by Tor at 2018-12-19 02:39 PM | Reply

"Is there anything that prevents Flynn from being executed for high treason?" - #33 | Posted by Tor at 2018-12-19 02:39 PM

The only thing would be a conviction for high treason.

#34 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-19 02:42 PM | Reply

The only thing would be a conviction for high treason.

#34 | POSTED BY HANS

Exactly. He hasn't even been charged with treason, much less convicted of it.

He plead guilty to lying to the FBI. I wonder what has been going on behind the scenes that caused this judge to give him such a tongue-lashing.

#35 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-12-19 02:44 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Behind the scenes?

You think there's more to it than a Natiobal Security Advisor in the Cabinet of the President of the United States secretly being on a foreign payroll?

You don't think that alone can explain it, JeffJ?

Seriously. You're beyond hope.

#36 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-19 02:49 PM | Reply

The problem for me is, he's just upset about getting caught. He doesn't seem to feel the shame he brought to himself and his family. General,should never be used to describe him, ever again.

#37 | Posted by autonomous at 2018-12-19 03:17 PM | Reply

#36 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2018-12-19 02:49 PM |

I did a little digging and am about to create a thread about the points you made. Consider the thread as ceding your argument.

#38 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-12-19 03:44 PM | Reply

I thiught it was obvious. Flynn's lawyers suggested in their sentencing memo that Flynn had been entrapped by the FBI, which fueled rightwing conspiracy theories and led to TV coverage, twitter conversations, etc.

Judges don't like when their proceedings are abused in this manner, so he put an end to it publicly.

#39 | Posted by JOE at 2018-12-19 03:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#39 | POSTED BY JOE

I think that's a big part of it.

When the judge straight up asked Flynn's counsel about the entrapment theory in a series of direct questions counsel completely backed down.

#40 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-12-19 03:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The judge definitely ------------ Flynn.

#41 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-12-19 03:59 PM | Reply

#31 | Posted by JOE at 2018-12-19 02:32 PM

Safe assumption, Joe.

#32 | POSTED BY HANS

Safer than the stock markets these days!!

This is not a good time to need to use your money. Great work Humpy!

Time to create another crisis! Reshuffle the deck quick!

#42 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-19 04:08 PM | Reply

Go Donner! Keep Blitzin'!

#8 | Posted by cbob

Finally. someone figured out why I call me "donnerboy"

It's not really because I eat people. (Though some may deserve it and I love to joke about it)

It's because I can't keep my mouth shut sometimes and stuff comes "rumbling" out of me. Even though that gets me in trouble a lot (especially with my wife) it is also what has gotten me where I am today.

My motto, You bring the lightening and I'll bring the thunder! because I am thunderboy!

(Also I used to work with this high voltage radar display and I got blown across the once room by 50,000 volts and it went BA DA BOOM!)

#43 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-19 05:11 PM | Reply

#26 | POSTED BY comrade JORDYPETE

Looks like the TRUTH struck a little too close to home for your liking Snowflake.

First off, not a leftist, I am a patriotic American (unlike you), who is against fascism, Nazi-ism, and racism, things you Trump Humpers love.

Funny how you bitch about namecalling then call democrats Nazi's.
You are too stupid to realize the Nazi's are extreme right wing authoritarians. Brush up on world history comrade!

So that makes you a hypocritical snowflake!

The only thing you are a victim of is your own politcal and anti-American ideology.
Go deport yourself.

#44 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-12-19 08:14 PM | Reply

JordyPete . . . another member of the LCD club. (Lowest Common Denominator)

#45 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-12-19 08:47 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Or we think you're stupidly naïve."

I think the same of you! LOL. You are supporting a judge who is obviously grandstanding! LOL!!!
That's enough to show your simple and shallow thinking.

Go away. You lose.

#46 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-20 11:19 AM | Reply

" You are supporting a judge who is obviously grandstanding! LOL!!!" - #46 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-20 11:19 AM

Mocking and belittling you is not "supporting a judge."

#47 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-20 11:22 AM | Reply

"another member of the LCD club"

LOL!!! You are all hanging your flimsy and desperate faith on the outbursts of a crazy judge who is trying to get the spotlight. LOL!!

I can't take you seriously. Some advice. When you lose, again and again, stop the lying and fabrication that causes you to lose!

#48 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-20 11:22 AM | Reply

"And again I am a teenager.....My name is Miguel, I go to Hoover high School, HR Room 286, Mr. Garcia. I take two buses to get to school, the 81 and tha 181. if you are familiar with the area. Im gone for good. Goodbye." - Posted by teenager at 2005-09-30 03:00 PM
Perhaps JordyPete's name is Miguel.

#49 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-20 11:26 AM | Reply

LOL!!! You are all hanging your flimsy and desperate faith on the outbursts of a crazy POTUS who is trying to get the spotlight. LOL!!

FTFY

#50 | Posted by bored at 2018-12-20 11:31 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

"You are supporting a judge who is obviously grandstanding! LOL!!!" - #46 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-20 11:19 AM
"You are all hanging your flimsy and desperate faith on the outbursts of a crazy judge who is trying to get the spotlight. LOL!!" - #48 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-20 11:22 AM

"The judge is setting the stage to go after the entire Hilary campaign." - #12 | Posted by JordyPete at 2018-12-19 10:23 AM
Oops.

#51 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-20 11:32 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Wow Hans, your archive must be extensive... and that somehow sounds dirty ^_^

#52 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2018-12-20 01:18 PM | Reply

"This is a fabrication"

Sorry, pal, but Flynn just admitted in open court he purposefully lied to the FBI, they did NOT entrap him, and he knew full well lying to the FBI was a crime.

You're officially an apologist for a felon, who the judge said had arguably "sold out his country".

#53 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-12-20 07:41 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2