Tuesday, December 11, 2018

There's a growing number of people who seem to think the world is, in fact, flat. Over 200 conspiracy theorists gathered at a hotel in Birmingham for the UK's first Flat Earth Convention. The convention, which took place over three days, saw nine speakers take to the stage to explain their theory as to why the Earth is flat. But it gets better. They also insist that Australia is actually just one big hoax. According to them, the entire country (and presumably the 24 million people that live there) is completely FAKE.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

All Australians are nothing more than computer generated personas.

Hilariously, the pilots are apparently all in on it – and have just been flying you to parts of South America all these years.

"Australia is not real. It's a hoax, made for us to believe that Britain moved over their criminals to someplace. In reality, all these criminals were loaded off the ships into the waters, drowning before they could see land ever again. It's a coverup [sic] for one of the greatest mass murders in history."

Comments

According to The Telegraph , Dave Marsh, an NHS worker who spoke at the conference, said: "My research destroys big bang cosmology.

"It supports the idea that gravity doesn't exist and the only true force in nature is electromagnetism."

#1 | Posted by tonytripoli at 2018-12-11 01:00 PM | Reply

My sister lives in Adelaide.

#2 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-11 01:12 PM | Reply

Adelaide - city of Churches.
Hahndorf - worth the visit!
I love Australia.

#3 | Posted by YAV at 2018-12-11 01:22 PM | Reply

Could you ask your sister to send me a NASA coffee mug and a NASA wall calendar for 2019?

#4 | Posted by tonytripoli at 2018-12-11 01:46 PM | Reply

My favorite Flat Earth Tweet: The Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

#5 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2018-12-11 01:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

POSTED BY TONYTRIPOLI AT 01:00 PM

What happened, did Sekakai get banned as well?

#6 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-12-11 02:13 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#4 | Posted by tonytripoli at 2018-12-11 01:46 PMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

Heck, I'll even get her to send over a pic of her holding a baby kangaroo for ya.

#7 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-11 02:15 PM | Reply

"I love Australia." - #3 | Posted by YAV at 2018-12-11 01:22 PM

"I love the Danube River there." - Posted by sniper

#8 | Posted by Hans at 2018-12-11 02:24 PM | Reply | Funny: 6

This is your brain on Ignorance.

What do these people say when they go up in an airplane?

If you go high enough (about 50,000 feet) you can literally see the curvature of the Earth.

I am so tired of these obnoxious idiots. I think they are just doing it to be annoying.

I would have never given these people a second thought until you obnoxious Republican idiots elected one President (just to annoy Liberals).

#9 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-11 02:45 PM | Reply

Take a deep breath donner and remember the more people pilot airplanes and travel into space the more these idiots will be exposed.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2018-12-11 06:46 PM | Reply

"If you go high enough (about 50,000 feet) you can literally see the curvature of the Earth"

You can actually see the curvature of the earth not far from where I live. From I-10 on the west side of Lake Pontchatrain if you look straight down the East West power line going across the lake you can see it disappear over the horizon.

#11 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-11 08:50 PM | Reply

my gf had a fake australian accent.

#12 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-12-12 03:05 AM | Reply

My sister lives in Adelaide.

#2 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

How can you be sure you have a sister? Maybe it's just a memory implant. Can you prove to be, sir, that you were not created in a test tube?

And another thing. I looked at my map and guess what ... it was flat. I looked at a map made in Australia and not only was it flat but it was also upside-down. www.mapworld.com.au

#13 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-12-12 11:06 AM | Reply

"I looked at my map and guess what ... it was flat"

I cant help that you have deflated equipment....

#14 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-12 11:19 AM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

That is funny, I remember watching a flat Earth debunking video that included a internet meeting of flat earthers and the meeting page actually had that picture on the front page.

One of the guys in the meeting pointed it out, and the FE supporter said it only looked that way because of light refraction.

When you reject gravity I guess you will believe anything.

I think it's starting to get into a feedback loop between supporters and debunkers playing off each other for attention and ad revenue. I know there are stupid people in the world but this is far beyond stupid.

#15 | Posted by Lohocla at 2018-12-12 12:08 PM | Reply

There is no gravity. The Earth sucks.

#16 | Posted by danni at 2018-12-12 12:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

#15 | Posted by Lohocla at 2018-12-12 12:08 PMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

I think there are people making money off the nonsense - like the steam rocket guy that launched himself in the atmosphere but there really are some out there who take the Jim Jones approach to it.

#17 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-12-12 12:29 PM | Reply

I thought from the headline this must be Andrea going on about crisis actors again.

#18 | Posted by Corky at 2018-12-12 12:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

It's been a long while since we've seen a Buffalo Bob post; I guess it's because he's been busy in Birmingham lately!

#19 | Posted by bartimus at 2018-12-12 01:28 PM | Reply

#17 | POSTED BY LFTHNDTHRDS

Yup, unfortunately being stupid in public isn't as much of a stigma as it used to be.

Kind of like cell phone earbuds..masking the ability to tell if someone is just a nutter talking to themselves walking down the street or just someone talking on the phone

#20 | Posted by Lohocla at 2018-12-12 01:47 PM | Reply

I've heard it said that in Australia, a kangaroo can jump higher than an average house. But that's only because an average house can't jump very high.

#21 | Posted by Snowfake at 2018-12-12 08:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 5

Adelaide - city of Churches.

#3 | Posted by YAV at 2018-12-11 01:22 PM