Sunday, December 09, 2018

An anti-trans group has acknowledged the failure of bathroom predator scare-mongering tactics in the Massachusetts referendum on transgender rights protections. The realisation came as part of an analysis of the failure of the anti-trans campaign published on the website of MassResistance, an organisation claiming to advocate for family rights. The hate crime watchdog Southern Poverty Law Center classifies MassResistance as a anti-LGBT hate group.  The question of repealing a non-discrimination law protecting transgender rights was posed on the ballot during November's midterm elections.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

The MassResistance post, which does not have an author -- but presumably reflects the viewpoint of the group's founder and president, Brian Camenker -- described the "bathroom safety" argument as "technically true, but was largely contrived."

"Our side concocted the ‘bathroom safety' male predator argument as a way to avoid an uncomfortable battle over LGBT ideology, and still fire up people's emotions."

Comments

"It also advised future anti-trans activists to propose "more inflammatory alternative arguments" such as rejecting "the LGBT movement's ‘civil rights' argument" and describe being trans as "a mental disorder and a destructive ideology."

MassResistance argued that the "bathroom safety" argument is no longer effective, claiming that the "LGBT+ lobby" has understood how to defeat it -- without elaborating on how or why this may be the case."

#1 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-12-09 12:55 AM | Reply

Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You hear that????? ALL MADE UP. What does your disgusting self have to say now???????? Are you still going to run your mouth over schitt that you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-12-09 04:35 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Laura, shut the ---- up.

This one fringe group doesnt speak for everyone else.

#3 | Posted by boaz at 2018-12-09 02:39 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

This one fringe group doesnt speak for everyone else.

#3 | POSTED BY BOAZ

But yet every "librul" you can find speaks for every other "librul" in your world. Why the disconnect, boaz?

#4 | Posted by jpw at 2018-12-09 03:04 PM | Reply

Why the disconnect, boaz?

He suffered severe brain damage.

No one has had the heart to tell him.

#5 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-12-09 03:06 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY JPW AT 2018-12-09 03:04 PM | REPLY

Because he is a mental midget is why.

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-12-09 03:07 PM | Reply

"technically true, but was largely contrived."

So which is it? Can't be both.

#7 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-12-09 06:29 PM | Reply

"I don't want the libruls controlling my private life and telling me how to live!"

"NOW DROP THOSE PANTS SO I CAN CHECK YOUR GENDER!"

#8 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-12-10 06:09 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Being anti-trans is a feature on the right. Learn what "fringe" means before you further embarrass yourself, kanye.

#9 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-12-10 06:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Poor Boaz.
Born to be a slave.
Had freedom forced on him by liberals.

Fortunately, for you there's still an Army for people like him to join.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-10 06:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Been using women's rest rooms for 67 years and for about 30 or more of those I occasionally shared them with trans women. Guess what? Nothing happened, not even once. Guess I'm just lucky. I've noticed that trans women behave like women, sure, often I know they are trans but, if anything, they go out of their way to be as unobtrusive as possible.

#11 | Posted by danni at 2018-12-10 11:58 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY DANNI AT 2018-12-10 11:58 PM | REPLY

I absolutely loath public restrooms. The stalls and skinny the toilet paper's nasty and really you can't relax in them no matter which one you use. That being said that we trans females are there to attack cis women is ridiculous and a front to common decency. It's another right winged lie to continue their culture war against the LGBTQI community.

#12 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-12-11 12:08 AM | Reply

#11 | POSTED BY DANNI

I would LOVE to don a skirt and waltz in just after you and helicopter - not to prove you wrong but simply to watch you laugh at the absurdity of it. This comment is exclusively directed at you, Danni. Nobody else. I'd wager that if some guy who you knew well did that to you as an inside joke you'd find it hilarious - at that level.

I hate that I even had to explain that - not directed at you, Danni.

#13 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-12-11 12:14 AM | Reply

Laura,

The toilet paper in public restrooms is deplorable and should, quite honestly, be illegal. Trigger-warning: TMI - I use more paper wiping with 1-ply than I do 2-ply. Here's a hint: 1-Ply does NOT save money!

#14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-12-11 12:17 AM | Reply