Thursday, December 06, 2018

In a new law that took effect Thursday, Michigan is now the first Midwestern state to legally allow recreational marijuana. It's the 10th state to legalize recreational pot.

Comments

I remember that while in college in the 70's we were always jealous of Ann Arbor where they has some of the most lenient pot laws in the country at the time.

en.wikipedia.org

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-12-06 11:43 AM | Reply

Another market for Corky's THC oil!

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-12-06 11:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

Another post from an old stoner who can't remember he's an old stoner.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2018-12-06 11:53 AM | Reply | Funny: 3

If it's blue dream based, send some my way.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-12-06 11:58 AM | Reply

Maybe michagan repubs can find a way to thwart this democratic will of the people before they leave office too, since that's what they're doing with all the other election results.

#5 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-12-06 07:45 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Marijuana is on course to become legal nation wide.

We just gotta wait until stubborn conservatives die off.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-12-06 07:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

Marijuana is on course to become legal nation wide.

We just gotta wait until stubborn conservatives die off.

#6 | Posted by ClownShack

Apparently that's the only way we're every going to solve anything in this country. God knows they wont let it happen while they're alive.

#7 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-12-06 08:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If it's blue dream based, send some my way.
#4 | POSTED BY SITZKRIEG AT 2018-12-06 11:58 AM

Blue Magoo and Purple Kush variations in oil are very therapeutic for appetite and relaxing.

#8 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-12-06 08:15 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY REDLIGHTROBOT

Aren't we obese enough already?

#9 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-12-06 08:52 PM | Reply

#8 | POSTED BY REDLIGHTROBOT
Aren't we obese enough already?
#9 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE AT 2018-12-06 08:52 PM

I regulate my use depending upon the need, and the varieties are including more and more CBD content. Strains of Jack Herer are also derived from goodness.

#10 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-12-06 09:05 PM | Reply

So, is your state ahead of the curve (in terms of harnessing the financial benefits of marijuana legalization)? Or is your state behind the curve (in terms of harnessing the financial benefits of marijuana legalization)?

Personally, my state is behind the curve. So, my state will lose money (relative to other states, on this issue) because my state chooses to adhere to antiquated ideals as opposed to reality. Bummer dude.

#11 | Posted by worldasifindit at 2018-12-06 09:32 PM | Reply

My state is way behind.. but if you are harnessing the financial benefits, then you are also maintaining institutional racism through the cash grab.

#12 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-12-07 07:51 AM | Reply

I'm next door to Michigan in Wisconsin. The rednecks here will never allow legalization, and there's no referendum process in Wisconsin. The most financial benefit Wisconsin will see from legalization is when they strategically position sheriffs deputies at the border to fine people for bringing weed back into Wisconsin.

#13 | Posted by JOE at 2018-12-07 08:08 AM | Reply

I thought that's what would happen at the Hoover Dam when you cross the state line into Arizona. My car was pulled for a random inspection. All they did was check for bombs and send us on our way.

#14 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-12-07 08:42 AM | Reply

Sounds like they have a good subterfuge.

#15 | Posted by JOE at 2018-12-07 08:54 AM | Reply

Of course I'm thrilled with more states enacting more sensible MJ laws..... but the conspiracy theorist in me also thinks "a sedated nation is easier to control". It's just funny timing that MJ laws are loosening as things keep getting tougher for the citizenry. It's like they are throwing us the proverbial "bone".

Of course It could just be that I'm kinda buzzed and, you know...... deep thoughts. (damn I'm hungry)

#16 | Posted by Sezu at 2018-12-07 09:19 AM | Reply

If they wanted a sedated nation that's easier to control, there wouldn't be a war on opiates. Opiates are awesome for sedating people.

#17 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-12-07 09:52 AM | Reply

Unlike the other most popular drugs in this nation it is next to impossible to overdose on weed... and it only gets you so high.

#18 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-12-07 10:34 AM | Reply

"If they wanted a sedated nation that's easier to control, there wouldn't be a war on opiates."

It's not the sedation part that they have a problem with, it's the addiction to the point that a person becomes unable to hold down a job, and resorts to crime to feed their habit, or overdoses which becomes a strain on our healthcare system.

#19 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2018-12-07 10:42 AM | Reply

Damnit, the state with TTUN is making me support them. Such a shame. But awesome for Michigan!

#20 | Posted by humtake at 2018-12-07 11:43 AM | Reply

My state is way in front of the curve... we have dispesaries everywhere providing safe cannabis... jobs for thousands who couldnt pass drug tests... and millions on taxes.
Still waiting for anything bad to happen.. but so far..its all good

#21 | Posted by 503jc69 at 2018-12-07 06:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#21 it's also a huge boon for landlords who own strip malls.

#22 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-07 06:47 PM | Reply

"Opiates are awesome for sedating people."

So sedate you forget to breathe.
Now that's relaxation!

#23 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-07 06:49 PM | Reply

Opiates are awesome for sedating people.

#17 | Posted by sitzkrieg

Now you can be happy AND sad. Now we can be 1000 times more sedated.

The FDA just approved a pain killer 1000 times more powerful than morphine.

www.usatoday.com

There is no pain, you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move, but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child, I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain, you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

#24 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-12-07 07:19 PM | Reply

With the opioid crisis, this makes some sense. I don't know how effective THC is at combating addiction, but more studies can be done now. If keeping someone alive means keeping them stoned off of their gourd, it's worth it.

#25 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-12-08 10:01 AM | Reply

"I don't know how effective THC is at combating addiction, but more studies can be done now. "

I can see it as a substitute but if you're actually looking to, you know, break through the mental status quo, you probably want DMT.

#26 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-08 04:06 PM | Reply

Re: 26 Snoofy

Joe Rogan, is that you?!

#27 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-12-08 05:24 PM | Reply

Legalize it, tax it, buy things like the country needs, like insulin ...

Will insulin be out of reach by 2030?
www.toledoblade.com

Insulin, necessary to keep some diabetic patients alive, has nearly tripled in price in the last 10 years.

And now a new study from Stanford University predicts that by 2030 there will not be enough insulin for the ever-rising number of people who need it.

The American Diabetes Association has called on Congress for hearings on the issue.

Advances in diabetes treatment can and should one day make insulin therapy less necessary. Until that happens, insulin must be accessible and it must be affordable.

Pot + Insulin = better America 🍟🍔🍕🌭🌮🍺🍺🍺