Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Seven-year-old Ryan, the host of the Ryan ToysReview YouTube channel, has earned more than $22 million this year and was named Forbes' highest-paid YouTube star.

Comments

Stay in school, son, and maybe one day you can be like your old man. I've worked my way up, put in a lot of long hours, sacrificed here and there, bought the used car instead of the new one, you know? And each week contributed a little into the old rainy day fund. By the time I'm 70, I should be able to... um... to uh...

Hey, kid, are you listening to me?

#1 | Posted by cbob at 2018-12-04 09:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

I sure hope they have Jackie Coogan laws wherever he lives.

#2 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-12-04 10:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Okay, the propeller spinning car was cool. Could be little kid perspective and how he was operating on gravel, but I thought my battery powered jeep went faster than that car.

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-12-04 10:07 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-12-04 11:14 PM | Reply

"Seriously the best post you have ever made, and it went over 99% of the DR's head."

No it didn't. I'm guessing many of the posters here knew exactly what he was talking about. You would be wise to not always think you are the smartest person in the room. You're generally not.

#5 | Posted by danni at 2018-12-05 08:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Seriously the best post you have ever made"

Seriously...not even close.

#6 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-12-05 08:31 AM | Reply

I'm sure there are adults watching out for this child's wealth, by investing it in fast cars, over-priced jewelry, a new double-wide and enough addictive substances to ruin the entire family...

#7 | Posted by catdog at 2018-12-05 10:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

YouTube is built on cat videos, and parents exploiting their children as child actors. Ryan's Toy Review, Tic Tac Toy, Niah & Ellie's Toy Show, Funnelvision, CookieSwirlC, Shot of The Yeagers, etc, etc.

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-12-05 10:35 AM | Reply

I must not be using YouTube correctly. Ninety percent of my time there is spent watching (well, mostly listening to) music videos.

#9 | Posted by cbob at 2018-12-05 11:30 AM | Reply

Damn, it would suck to be so young and have half the country automatically hate you because you have more money than they do.

#10 | Posted by humtake at 2018-12-05 12:10 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY GONOLES92 AT 2018-12-04 10:07 PM

I watched a little past halfway. Does he donate the toys? With a seven million income I would have special shows on Thursdays, make a pizza party for the entire kindergarten class the first half hosted at the home, the second half playing sedately as the parent & teacher band kicks some funky tunes, drinks and brunch. Open the sharing egg to see which classroom in the world the toys that episode will be mailed to.

Having been actually opened and played with by Ryan might even become collectible.

The mom barely interacted, it was entirely Ryan's perspective. He seems to have things pre-planned and gets most excited about the reveals. I have to also say that the moaning cars was extremely funny and entirely wrong.

#11 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-12-06 11:56 AM | Reply

No it didn't.
#5 | POSTED BY DANNI

That was just ROC projecting because he surrounds himself with idiots irl.

#12 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-12-06 12:24 PM | Reply