Tuesday, December 04, 2018

Former Vice President Joe Biden fueled speculation he might make a 2020 bid for the White House, saying Monday night that he believes he is the "most qualified" person to take on President Trump. "I'll be as straight with you as I can. I think I'm the most qualified person in the country to be president," Biden said at a stop for his book tour in Missoula, Mont. "The issues that we face as a country today are the issues that have been in my wheelhouse, that I've worked on my whole life." Several election prognosticators believe Biden is laying the groundwork for a presidential campaign and that his association with former President Obama, who remains popular, and the Scranton, Pa., native's appeal to middle America could make him a worthy opponent to Trump.

Comments

Run, Joe, run.

While I understand the reasons why he didn't run in 2016, if he had I firmly believe that we wouldn't be in the middle of this Trumpster fire.

#1 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2018-12-04 01:04 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Sure, why not Joe? He's goofy and a gaffe machine, but a lot more likeable than Rodham. I wonder what the "smartest woman in the room" thinks about this comment.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-12-04 01:22 PM | Reply

She is most likely gearing up her "team" to pressure him not to run...again.

All kidding aside, given the current slate of frontrunners (Spartacus, Wokamala, Poca"haunt"us, Bobby, Billary, Methuselah) I would definitely vote for Joe over any of them or Trump.

#3 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-12-04 01:31 PM | Reply

I don't see a lifetime in government as equating to "most qualified", but I would have voted for him in 2016.

He'd be too old this time around, especially considering he'd have some young, inexperienced fruit loop as his VP.

#4 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2018-12-04 02:09 PM | Reply

Some of the Resident Russian trolls want him to run......he remains much better than Trump.

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2018-12-04 03:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Some of the Resident Russian trolls

*Drink*

#6 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-12-04 03:34 PM | Reply

As long as they have a team to keep waking him up and throwing his crazy old ass in the shower before social events, and then make sure his hands don't wander onto some of the #MeToo-ers special places, he might be ok.

#7 | Posted by Spork at 2018-12-04 04:25 PM | Reply

Biden: ‘I am most qualified person in the US to be POTUS'

Did he hire Hillary's speech writer?

Qualified? He's done. Put his old bones out to pasture.

At best. He could be an advisor to the president.

Let's stop electing senior citizens for president.

#8 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-12-04 04:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Who are you kidding? You've devoted 2 years to carrying Trump's orange bloated corpse on your back.

You think anyone believes you're not going to vote for him in 2020?

Not that it matters. Whoever the Democratic candidate is will win California.

#9 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-12-04 04:34 PM | Reply

Sharod Brown for POTUS is looking good.

#10 | Posted by Tor at 2018-12-04 04:37 PM | Reply

I liked his campaign add, it pretty much sums him up: youtu.be

Their has to be somebody younger....

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-12-04 05:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Bernie!

#12 | Posted by Spork at 2018-12-04 06:30 PM | Reply

I wonder what the "smartest woman in the room" thinks about this comment.

#2 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2018-12-04 01:22 PM

Who, Andrea? Why don't you jusk ask her?

#13 | Posted by woe_is_W at 2018-12-04 08:23 PM | Reply

Why don't you jusk ask her?

"That ain't no woman, It's a MAN, man"

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-12-04 08:36 PM | Reply

Run, Joe, run.

If I was a Biden family member, I'd start securing safe houses now. Family members of Joe Biden have a history of tragically dying whenever a key election is approaching.

#15 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-12-04 10:27 PM | Reply

Mueller 2020

#16 | Posted by bored at 2018-12-05 12:54 AM | Reply

Don't run Joe Don't run!

Bernie seems to be the best candidate so far who seems to planing to run for president

#17 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-12-05 04:10 AM | Reply

I don't get this navel-gazing.

If you aren't a always GOP/Libertarian voter, what Democrat could possibly not get your vote, when the other choice is Trump?
Is Lindsey Graham going to run as a Democrat or something? Just bring back racism for both parties?

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-12-05 04:38 AM | Reply

If Joe Biden wants a prayer of a chance for the nomination or the election, he should come out loud and clear against his participation in the act that prevents student loan debt being dischargiable in bankruptcy. If he doesn't do that he won't get the nomination and, even if he did, the young people would not come out and vote for him in the election. Joe Biden's entire career is trapped by his obeisance to the banks, he needs to either cut his ties to the banks or forget any Presidential aspirations. He needs to admit he was wrong and has caused huge harm and that his first order of business would be to repeal the laws that prevent student loans being excluded from bankruptcy. If he won't do that then F him. If he will, I might support him. He needs to understand what is at stake and how to improve his position, as it is now, he wouldn't even be able to win the nomination. STudent loan debt is an important issue to MILLIONS of Americans and Joe Biden is associated with it. If he won't promist to do something to reverse the law he sponsored then he won't win a nomination much less an election.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2018-12-05 09:57 PM | Reply

Bidens performance during the Anita Hill testimony hasn't aged well now that we're in the metoo era. I doubt he will get far if he runs.

#20 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-12-05 10:01 PM | Reply

That's actually a really good point, I had forgotten about that...but I guarantee you the dirty tricksters on both side of the aisle hadn't.

#21 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-12-05 10:05 PM | Reply