Thursday, November 29, 2018

Payless, a brand known for budget-friendly shoes, opened a fake pop-up store called "Palessi" in a Los Angeles mall and invited influencers to the grand opening. The store was stocked with Payless shoes in disguise.

Comments

When I was in retail 30 years ago, I bought some really good paneling at a very good price. I bought Paneling that had a retail of $12 for $6 and thought I could have a sale promotion at $8. No buyers, the supplier said to raise the price, and I did, as I was pissed. I went to 14.95 and sold out in less than a week.

Proves that People are "Stoopid".

#1 | Posted by bat4255 at 2018-11-29 07:50 PM | Reply

If a buyer "thinks" that they're getting a deal then that's what they're getting.

If a deal can be made to look like an art then buyers will see the deal as a refinement. Like an accomplishment.

99 cent world

#2 | Posted by LesWit at 2018-11-29 09:19 PM | Reply

"Influencers." People are dumb animals.

#3 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-11-30 11:11 AM | Reply

Payless doesn't sell sensible shoes, they sell cheap Chinese crap.

#4 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-11-30 12:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

With the right marketing and packaging you could definitely sell actual human excrement to very rich people at very high profit.

#5 | Posted by woe_is_W at 2018-11-30 08:45 PM | Reply

A couple of notes...

When I was little, our dog had puppies. No one wanted any when our front yard sign said FREE puppies. When Dad made a new sign that said puppies $5 each, they went within a day or two.

-------

In the 80s I heard a story about Rolls Royce needing to slow down the number of orders for new cars in order to catch up with demand... so they temporarily doubled the price. But instead of slowing demand, orders increased instead.

#6 | Posted by Idependant97 at 2018-12-01 12:50 AM | Reply