Friday, November 09, 2018

Sens. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and Chris Coons (D-Del.) plan to ask for a floor vote on legislation to shield Special Counsel Robert Mueller from a firing when the upper chamber returns to session next week, Flake said on Thursday.

Comments

McConnell will never let it come to the floor.

I'm not sure about Senate rules but House rules allow the majority to override the Speaker to bring a bill to the floor. If it's the same in the Senate, it's going to take one hell of a lot of bi-partisanship to override McConnell. He rules with an iron fist.

Will the Senate take the leap? I seriously doubt they have the guts. Where's the quid pro quo in it for them?

#1 | Posted by Twinpac at 2018-11-09 05:46 AM | Reply

High Confidence.

www.youtube.com

#2 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2018-11-09 09:56 AM | Reply

So, 2 years of a witch hunt isn't long enough?

#3 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-11-09 11:33 AM | Reply

Good point sniper. Trump manage to round up all the illegals in only 2 years and Deport them. Guess we can stop the witch-hunt now.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-11-09 11:41 AM | Reply

So, 2 years of a witch hunt isn't long enough?

#3 | Posted by Sniper

I'll take it over the number of years I've been subjected to your dumb ass postings.

#5 | Posted by jpw at 2018-11-09 11:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#5 | Posted by jpw

#6 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-09 11:53 AM | Reply

Plonking is for losers.

#7 | Posted by jpw at 2018-11-09 12:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"Plonking is for losers."

The plonk-er or the plonk-we?

#8 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2018-11-09 12:34 PM | Reply

So, 2 years of a witch hunt isn't long enough?

#3 | POSTED BY SNIPER

The Benghazi!! investigation took 2 years and 4 months and found nothing. Several people have already been indicted from Meullers investigation.

I suspect Sniper has been a moron all his life. Isn't that long enough?

#9 | Posted by Whatsleft at 2018-11-09 12:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Plonk-we = plonk-ee.

#10 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2018-11-09 12:35 PM | Reply

"You subject yourself. You're not forced to read him. Plonk him and stop whining."

#11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 12:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Perhaps you should follow your own advice and plonk Tony and I instead of whining about our posts being too long and/or our use of blockquotes." - #11 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 12:57 PM | Reply | Flag: Bravo

#12 | Posted by Hans at 2018-11-09 01:00 PM | Reply

Sensitive about your walls of text? I've done that a couple of times, when warranted. JPWitless does that every single day.

#13 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-09 01:03 PM | Reply

#13 Since folks like RoC, who you probably want to read, sometimes use blockquotes, here's a hint for you:

Use the Zoom button at the top of your browser (on mine it's in the top right hand corner) to enlarge the page/text to 125%. You can easily then use that same button to reduce the text/page back down to 100% once you've read the blockquote/s. That's what I do. With this method, you don't have to enlarge the font size, per se.

#14 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 01:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

How old and decrepit are you that you can't even read blockquotes?

#15 | Posted by JOE at 2018-11-09 01:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"Sensitive about your walls of text?"

Nah.

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 01:12 PM | Reply

#17 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-09 01:16 PM | Reply

"ps. I don't read tiny text AKA blockquotes from anyone, regardless of ideology. I'm not going to enlarge the font to make your cut and pastes readable. Life is too short."

You just don't complain when folks like RoC do it. Gotcha. Which proves my point: you'd rather whine than plonk someone or scroll on passed their posts.

#18 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 01:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

This is the heart of the matter facing the nation, not Sessions.

#19 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-11-09 01:18 PM | Reply

"I know how to zoom text. Not going to do it unless I'm very interested in the content. Most of the time I'm not. Sorry."

Then follow your own advice and stop whining when certain people do it:

#20 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 01:20 PM | Reply

Plonking is for losers.

POSTED BY JPW AT 2018-11-09 12:21 PM | REPLY

Do you drive around with bird droppings on your windshield??? Why do the same with one's Retort viewing??

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-11-09 01:24 PM | Reply

- you'd rather whine

It's his one proficiency in life.

#22 | Posted by Corky at 2018-11-09 01:24 PM | Reply

#20 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday

You're really butthurt because one time in the last year I criticized you or Roma for walls of text. Maybe you should plonk me.

#23 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-09 01:25 PM | Reply

One time? Okay, Mr. "I lie like" Trump. LOL Either that or you are losing brain cells at a rapid rate.

#24 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 01:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

" Okay, Mr. "I lie like" Trump. LOL Either that or you are losing brain cells at a rapid rate." - #24 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 01:27 PM

I vote for All of the above.

#25 | Posted by Hans at 2018-11-09 01:33 PM | Reply

#23 | Posted by nullifidian

Not a single one of your posts on this thread has anything to do with the topic of the thread.

Just a little FYI.

#26 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-11-09 01:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

So, 2 years of a witch hunt isn't long enough?

#3 | Posted by Sniper

Ask hillary.

#27 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-11-09 01:34 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The plonk-er or the plonk-we?

#8 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine

Both.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2018-11-09 01:51 PM | Reply

JPWitless does that every single day.

LOL this from the guy who's posts consist of "duuuuuh Trotsky...Lenin...duhhhhhh Satlinist! Statist! *insert 1950's buzzword here* duuhhhhhhh".

#29 | Posted by jpw at 2018-11-09 01:54 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

I can't speak to the veracity of this, but maybe we'll know one way o the other soon:

John Schindler @20committee

Your Friday afternoon Trump/Russia update:

IC official says Team Mueller is holding "dozens of sealed indictments ... Nobody who's close to the Russians is getting out of this."

observer.com

#30 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-11-09 02:12 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

So, 2 years of a witch hunt isn't long enough?

#3 | POSTED BY comrade SNIPPY

If your Orange Fuhrer is innocent as you always claim there troglodyte, what are you worried about if it takes 2 years or 20? If Orange Adolf is innocent, he has nothing to hide and he wouldn't be trying to stop Mueller's legal investigation. But you, I, and the rest of your kind know he is gulity as F***!

BTW weren't you one of the --------- that cried Beeeennnnnggghhhhaaazzzzziiiii For years..... Like a child that missed his nap time?!?!

Answer is YES, FWIW!

#31 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-11-09 07:32 PM | Reply

look at the snowflakes panic at the sight of Trumps idiocy not going unchallenged.

#32 | Posted by Tor at 2018-11-10 07:27 PM | Reply

Will the Senate take the leap? I seriously doubt they have the guts.

The last election demonstrates that Trump is an unpopular president, that the republican brand is tarnished and voters will toss incumbents out on their butts. Republican senators that are up for re-election in 2020 that represent states won by HRC in 2016 and showed a distaste for the republican brand in 2018 should be nervous. They are probably more predisposed to support a bipartisan effort to protect Mueller's investigation.

Trump was probably advised that Whitaker's appointment would be problematic but he didn't care. I don't think Whitaker will fire Mueller or impede his investigation. Whitaker's role is to continue his spying for the White House. Whitaker knows that any adverse action he takes against the Mueller investigation is likely to viewed as obstruction of justice.

#33 | Posted by FedUpWithPols at 2018-11-11 07:05 AM | Reply

Whitaker is only the acting AG, someone else will be nominated as the official AG and they will have to be confirmed by the senate.

#34 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-11-11 07:38 AM | Reply