Thursday, November 08, 2018

The U.S. stockpile of commercial crude oil continued to rise with the country's record oil production estimated at 11.6 million barrels a day, and domestic oil prices are now down to their lowest levels since March.

Comments

So do we really need to destroy our pristine environments to get more?

#1 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-11-08 06:13 PM | Reply

So do we really need to destroy our pristine environments to get more?

Have you driven through West Texas or the Bakken lately?

Let us know when you are ready to eschew petroleum based anything...

#2 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-11-08 06:31 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Let us know when you are ready to eschew petroleum based anything."

You must be one of those weirdos who goes surfing just to look at the oil rigs.

Noted.

#3 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-11-08 06:45 PM | Reply

"Let us know when you are ready to eschew petroleum based anything..."

I am gonna bet I use less petroleum than you.

And was West Texas really a "pristine environment"?

I was thinking more of California and Florida and gulf coasts and places like ANWR.

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-11-08 06:53 PM | Reply

I am gonna bet I use less petroleum than you.

Oh yeah? Yeah! Oh yeah? Yeah!

And was West Texas really a "pristine environment"?

The Permian Basin and the Bakken have always been desolate wastelands, which was my point. Just those two regions alone produce 56% of the oil in the US.

Gulf of Mexico (PADD 3) oil production is 16% of US production, Federal Offshore (PADD 5) in CA is .01% of US production and they aren't producing in the ANWR yet.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-11-08 07:39 PM | Reply

"I am gonna bet I use less petroleum than you"

Most poor people use very little.

#6 | Posted by eberly at 2018-11-08 07:50 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

--"I am gonna bet I use less petroleum than you"

I bet I use even less than you. Probably takes a ton of electricity to power your cannabis greenhouse.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-08 07:53 PM | Reply

Probably takes a ton of electricity to power your cannabis greenhouse.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian

My greenhouse is powered by the sun.

#8 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-11-08 07:59 PM | Reply

Sure. A pertoleum sun. Thought we'd overlook that part didn't ya!

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-11-08 08:01 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"I am gonna bet I use less petroleum than you"

Most poor people use very little.

#6 | Posted by eberly

I know...

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-11-08 08:02 PM | Reply

Probably takes a ton of electricity to power your cannabis greenhouse.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian

Just a side note here:

Growing indoors is awesome because you can completely control the environment. It is really cool and provides for beautiful crops. It is just very inefficient energy wise.

So I moved my operations outdoors and use only the sun now because it is just not worth it to try and control the environment perfectly. It means I can only grow during the summer but it is (tons of petroleum) cheaper. Also a lot less maintenance as you can't as easily burn your crop or screw them up by losing power. So far we have never lost the sun. It always comes back. So far.

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-11-08 08:09 PM | Reply

So far we have never lost the sun. It always comes back. So far.

But us diabolical Republicans are working on taking that from the poor as well!!!

[insert evil cackle]

#12 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-11-08 08:17 PM | Reply

-- So far we have never lost the sun. It always comes back. So far.

Do they still get sunshine in Humboldt county?

#13 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-08 08:20 PM | Reply

--But the Republicans Plan to conserve energy by keeping the middle class poor is just not very American.

The California plan is to keep people poor by driving up energy prices and regressive taxes.

#14 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-08 08:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Do they still get sunshine in Humboldt county?

#13 | Posted by nullifidian

Excellent question.

I will tell you like I tell everyone who asks this question. (I actually get this question a lot)

Global Warming has been very very good to the North Coast.

We have had more sunny days this year than I can ever remember.

This years crop was a bumper crop.

#15 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-11-08 08:25 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by nullifidian

You must be in a different California. My energy costs are no problem as I live on the coast. We don't use A/C. And I don't have a problem paying my taxes. I got pretty good breaks up until last year. For this year? I have no idea until I start filing to see what Humpy and his Tax Scam has done to us.

#16 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-11-08 08:30 PM | Reply

Do they still get sunshine in Humboldt county?

#13 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2018-11-08 08:20 PM

Oh yeah, one of my cousins who was a founder of one of the premier semiconductor companies and a part time grower owns over 200 acres in Trinity, and he says that it has never been sunnier, which as DBoy notes is very good for business.

#17 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-11-08 08:34 PM | Reply

You must be in a different California.

Those of us on the coast are the ones in the "different" California, go 50 miles inland and it is a completely different story.

#18 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-11-08 08:35 PM | Reply

Nullifidian's favorite thing about California is how much he hates living here

#19 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-11-08 08:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

--Global Warming has been very very good to the North Coast.

Going to be great for Canada too, as millions of acres of land become productive.

#20 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-11-08 08:41 PM | Reply

-Global Warming has been very very good to the North Coast.

It's been great for my business....all these 100 year storms....property premiums are jacked up pretty good.

Don't forget about us leeches in the insurance business who need to live well.

#21 | Posted by eberly at 2018-11-08 09:20 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

setting this plan aside, do you realize you just conflated one income class with another? How do you keep middle class folks poor?

Middle class is middle class

poor is poor.

they are separate classes.

You can move a middle class person to poor...but not keep them poor.

#22 | Posted by eberly at 2018-11-08 09:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#20 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2018-11-08 08:41 PM | FLAG:

While 10s of millions more become desolate and the climate destabilizes.

#23 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-11-08 10:13 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Dulli will be wanting to give Cali back to the brown kids on his lawn after the coastline moves to Arizona.

#24 | Posted by Corky at 2018-11-08 11:11 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nulli is proof California isn't overrun with liberals.

#25 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-11-08 11:17 PM | Reply

The Trump administration has issued an environmental report that predicts a 7°F global temperature rise by the end of the century, yet they not only refuse to do anything about it, they promote acceleration of this cataclysmic trend. Under Trump and Obama our nuclear weapons of mass destruction are being enhanced. These behaviors are criminally insane.

#26 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-11-09 09:42 AM | Reply

^THIS

#27 | Posted by e1g1 at 2018-11-09 09:52 AM | Reply

Let us know when you are ready to eschew petroleum based anything...

#2 | Posted by Rightocenter

Nice logical fallacy.

You're laying the stupid on thick this morning.

#28 | Posted by jpw at 2018-11-09 11:54 AM | Reply

#20 | Posted by nullifidian

It's no surprise that you'd think the results of global warming would be a simple cause effect relationship.

#29 | Posted by jpw at 2018-11-09 11:56 AM | Reply

And how come this glut in supply isn't leading to similar decreases in gas prices?

Wasn't the promised outcome of selling our environment for oil extraction decreased domestic energy costs and independence?

#30 | Posted by jpw at 2018-11-09 11:58 AM | Reply

[insert evil cackle]

#12 | POSTED BY FakeLawyer

That's probably the first time you posted anything true here. Congrats!

BTW, shouldn't you be out chasing ambulances "counselor"?

#31 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-11-10 12:35 AM | Reply