Monday, October 29, 2018

A South Florida man went to a store and was sitting outside when he heard a gunshot go off inside the house. A 7-year-old girl was shot in the forearm with a gun he had tucked underneath a couch cushion in the living room.

Comments

I was 5 and I was pretty sure this thing was dangerous and to keep away from the trigger.

Are we raising morons?

Must be the corn syrup....

#1 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-10-28 11:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

You may wonder why the gun owner has been charged and held without bond for a gun 'accident', when so often no charges are filed.

www.wbir.com
www.clarionledger.com
www.wmcactionnews5.com

#2 | Posted by bored at 2018-10-28 11:16 PM | Reply

I guess Darwin needs new tools to work his magic.

#3 | Posted by bored at 2018-10-28 11:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Florida Man, of course...

#4 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-10-29 12:36 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Are we raising morons?
Must be the corn syrup....

#1 | POSTED BY J_TREMAIN

Victim blaming a 7 year old. Nice.

#5 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-10-29 02:02 PM | Reply

Reminder: if you keep a gun in your home, it is more likely to be used against yourself, a friend or a family member than it is against an intruder.

#6 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-10-29 02:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If Travonte had left an e-reader under the cushion, the 7 year old would be armed with knowledge.

#7 | Posted by ajwood at 2018-10-29 02:15 PM | Reply

At least the kid didn't find the guy's drugs. The beating inflicted would have sent the perp to jail for longer than what he faces now...

#8 | Posted by catdog at 2018-10-29 02:29 PM | Reply

If only the 7 year old had a gun in the first place, he would have been protected from the second gun...

Or is it he needed an armed guard?

I can't keep up with the new "If Only" arguments from the Right anymore.

#9 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-10-29 03:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I see the ban all guns crowd is out in force. The gun owner was irresponsible. Most gun owners keep theirs locked away except for their ccw. My gun is on me or on the nightstand in a locked box to protect me as I sleep.

#10 | Posted by byrdman at 2018-10-29 03:58 PM | Reply

"in a locked box to protect me as I sleep"

Sounds effective /s

#11 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-10-29 04:11 PM | Reply

#10 What a scary place you must live in. I am sad for you.

#12 | Posted by bored at 2018-10-29 05:58 PM | Reply

My gun is on me or on the nightstand in a locked box to protect me as I sleep.
#10 | Posted by byrdman

I envision a beretta walking a patrol around Byrdman's house.

#13 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-10-29 07:53 PM | Reply

I see the ban all guns crowd is out in force.
#10 | POSTED BY BYRDMAN

Where do you see that? 13 comments and no one said such a thing.

#14 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-10-30 10:34 AM | Reply