Thursday, October 25, 2018

A white gunman killed two African Americans at a Kroger store in suburban Louisville on Wednesday afternoon, and as he was leaving the store he was confronted by a bystander who pointed a gun at him. The killer reportedly told the armed bystander he was not a threat to him and said, "Whites don't shoot whites." The victims are Maurice Stallard, 69, of Louisville, and Vicki Lee Jones, 67, also of Louisville. Stallard was the father of Louisville's Chief Equity Officer, Kellie Watson. Stallard was at the store shopping for poster board with his grandson for a school project.

Comments

The link I posted allows non-subscribers up to 10 free stories, but if you've reached your max or just want another site, here you go:
www.dailymail.co.uk

#1 | Posted by cbob at 2018-10-25 12:35 PM | Reply

These uncivil inbreds are going to start a civil war. This is trump's America.

#2 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-10-25 12:38 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Whites don't shoot whites."

www.youtube.com

#3 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-10-25 12:39 PM | Reply

Fraker got that line out of a movie?

#4 | Posted by J_Tremain at 2018-10-25 12:40 PM | Reply

Guns keep us whites safe from the coloreds!

#5 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-25 12:46 PM | Reply

Terrible, terrible situation. Two people going about their daily business, gunned down for no valid reason.

This happened in the middle of the afternoon in a very busy area filled with upscale retail, restaurants, movie theaters and residences.

#6 | Posted by cbob at 2018-10-25 12:56 PM | Reply

Open carry Yay! Let crazy people have their gun on their hip in case they need to shoot someone in a hurry. Gun nuts are your friends and neighbors who love guns but haven't murdered anyone....yet. Oh wait, I know, all of you other gun folks are responsible gun owners. Riiight.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2018-10-25 01:27 PM | Reply

How is a guy with this record allowed to have firearms?

From the article:

In 2001, Bush had a protective order taken out against him by a woman named Sheryl Bush, who is now his ex-wife.

Two years later, Gregory Bush pleaded guilty to menacing in a case where he followed a 15-year-old girl into the bathroom at a movie theater and put his hands around her waist and told her "that he thought they were family," according to a court document.

In 2009, Bush was charged with assault in the third degree and other charges during an altercation with his ex-wife in Jefferson Family Court. Police reports note that he screamed profanities at his ex-wife and caused "undue fear and apprehension" and resisted arrest, striking a deputy who was trying to handcuff him. One document noted that Bush may be a suicide risk, but there was no reason. given for why that was noted. The third-degree assault charge was amended down

In a 2009 domestic violence case involving his father, Bush was ordered by a judge to surrender his guns and undergo mental health treatment.

Bush's father sought emergency protection from the courts after he said Bush lifted his mother off the ground by her neck and hit him in the jaw. He had been threatening to shoot his parents, with whom he lived, in the days leading up to the January 2009 assault.

"He carries a gun everywhere he goes," his father, William Bush, wrote in his petition to the court. "He is dangerous. He is paranoid. I want him to stay away."

"No guns!" wrote the judge in his 2009 order of protection.

That order expired in 2011.

#8 | Posted by schifferbrains at 2018-10-25 01:30 PM | Reply

"Gregory Bush pleaded guilty to menacing in a case where he followed a 15-year-old girl into the bathroom"

Oh so he's one of those transgender predators JeffJ is so worried about.

#9 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-25 02:03 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"filled with upscale retail, restaurants, movie theaters and residences."

Can't be that upscale, if there were black people present.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-25 02:04 PM | Reply

This is why I think you should have to have a guarantor vouch for your sanity when applying for a gun license. Similar to what you need for a passport.

Almost all the nutcase killers I am aware of would not be able to get a license.

#11 | Posted by bored at 2018-10-25 02:06 PM | Reply

I got my last passport maybe 5 years ago. It was easier than getting a NY Enhanced license (it was good for travel to Canada and Mexico I believe).
I honestly don't recall having to have somebody vouch for my sanity. I'm not saying you're making it up, I just don't recall seeing it, and I don't know anyone that would vouch for mine, yet I have one.

On the flip side, when I got my pistol permit I had to find 5 people that would claim I don't use drugs and I don't have a temper...And I passed.

#12 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2018-10-25 02:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

That order expired in 2011.

Obama!

#13 | Posted by 101Chairborne at 2018-10-25 02:24 PM | Reply

Police told reporters Thursday afternoon that Bush tried to enter the predominantly black First Baptist Church of Jeffersontown about 10 minutes before the Kroger shooting.
www.wdrb.com