Wednesday, October 17, 2018

President Donald Trump's approval rating among active-duty military personnel has slipped over the last two years, leaving today's troops evenly split over whether they're happy with the commander in chief's job performance, according to the results of a new Military Times poll of active-duty service members.

Comments

Apparently borrowing billions from China to squander on the military isn't enough anymore.

#1 | Posted by bored at 2018-10-16 09:45 PM | Reply

One of my best buddies is a colonel in the Army who's done a half-dozen tours in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan. He won't say this publicly, but he thinks Trump is a doofus at best.

#2 | Posted by cbob at 2018-10-17 09:45 PM | Reply

Maybe its the public sucking up to Vlad
or the bromance love fest with Jong Un
and now kissy kissy bin Salman has caught his eye

bone spurs for all.

#3 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-10-17 09:47 PM | Reply

So it's true that are soldiers are getting smarter!

Just more problem voters Republicans need to suppress.

#4 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-10-17 09:52 PM | Reply

He is a coward, pure and simple.

#5 | Posted by bat4255 at 2018-10-17 10:53 PM | Reply

Anecdotal evidence: I'm surrounded by sailors all day, erry day. Black, white, Hispanic, gay, tall, short, chubby, skinny...They all give every indication that they either a) don't care about politics b) think Trump is a joke doing a good job c) think Trump is a mini-deity doing the most big-league of jobs. Admittedly this is only a couple of carriers (Ford and Ike) worth of east coast sailors. All of the khakis that I've had enough interaction with to get a feel for their politics fall into a minority c and an overwhelming majority b.

#6 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-10-18 07:59 AM | Reply

Avigdore vs Military Times?

I think I'll go with the Times.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2018-10-18 08:07 AM | Reply

@#7 | Posted by Danni at 2018-10-18 08:07 AM
There's no vs. involved. I didn't attempt to refute the military times. I very specifically stated that I was speaking of anecdotal evidence of a tiny sample of 1 branch of the military. I'm sorry (but not surprised) that you were unable to comprehend that.

#8 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-10-18 08:14 AM | Reply

"There's no vs. involved. I didn't attempt to refute the military times."

Your intention was pretty obvious, don't pretend otherwise. If you didn't have an intent you wouldn't have posted that crap. Has it ever occurred to you that people who can't stand Trump don't talk to Trump supporters because they tend to be jerks? They get loud and in your face and they won't even hear facts that contradict their erroneous beliefs. I heard a guy on NPR, a call in show the other night, contending that Democrats want open borders and to allow criminals into the U.S. The moderator tried to correct him but he clung to that claim. In my experience, he was sort of a typical Trump supporter.

#9 | Posted by danni at 2018-10-18 09:24 AM | Reply

Trump is too busy to visit US troops

#10 | Posted by qcp at 2018-10-18 09:37 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Army Times endorsed Gary Johnson in 2016. I was surprised when McMaster joined the Trump team, and not surprised when he left.

#11 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-10-18 10:16 AM | Reply

@#9 | Posted by Danni at 2018-10-18 09:24 AM
You are speaking out of ignorance (of the working and communication conditions in the Navy) and prejudice (you're judging people you haven't met and have no evidence of behaving in a particular way based on your tiny amount of interaction with people who share 1 characteristic).
Had my intention been to refute the article, I'd have said so. I certainly would not have began with a clear indication that my statement was based on anecdotal evidence. My statement was also supportive of the article's statement "The new survey results also show sharp divides within the ranks." & "Troops surveyed continue to give high marks to the president for his handling of military issues specifically."

Look, I get that you aren't the best at reading comprehension. It must be really difficult for you on the rare times when you allow any actual information past the prejudice and insta-triggering that you seem to suffer from. I just hope that some day you can overcome your struggles.

-Wishing you the best in a speedy recovery.

#12 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-10-18 10:31 AM | Reply

Obviously Avig has no need to read the article.

#13 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-10-18 11:46 AM | Reply

Obviously Avig has no need to read the article. - #13 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-10-18 11:46 AM

Because I directly quoted it or because my anecdotal evidence directly supports the conclusions that the article reached?

#14 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-10-18 12:10 PM | Reply

I wonder how the troops will feel about this:

President Donald Trump defended his decision to break from his predecessors and not yet visit a military base in a combat zone, claiming it's not "overly necessary" in a wide-ranging interview with The Associated Press.

Asked why he had not yet done so, Trump said:

"Well, I will do that at some point, but I don't think it's overly necessary. I've been very busy with everything that's taking place here.

Politico

#15 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2018-10-18 02:59 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Cruz has a comfortable lead, McCaskill is in trouble, will most likely lose...Blackburn is going to win....

#16 | Posted by scooter28054 at 2018-10-18 03:24 PM | Reply

I've been very busy with everything that's taking place here.
Politico

#15 | POSTED BY DEREK_WILDSTAR

We've noticed that golf takes a lot of time and energy. He doesnt have time for anything else. Remember the good old days when Republicans complained about Obama's golfing?

#17 | Posted by justagirl_idaho at 2018-10-18 03:39 PM | Reply

Have no worry. We will make all US soldiers love Trump in time for 2020 re-election...
--Russian trolls