Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Cockburn replied with a thoughtful answer about proposals to address sexual assault in the military. Riggleman replied with ... this. "As far as what's going on on campus ... I think a lot of it comes to educating females, specifically in the fraternities and sororities that they're a part of," Riggleman said.

Comments

Cockburn...Ahh ha ha ha hah ha ha!

I'm seeing him down on one knee proposing to his love...'Darling, I'll always love you and I want you to Marry me, and and become Mrs. Cockburn.

Hmmm...Cockburn, kinda sounds like an STD, dont it?.

Oh, sorry, here is another Republican sharing pearls of wisdom, dont mind me, do carry on, Sport.

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-10-09 09:39 PM | Reply

Warning: Men are rapists, stay away from them.
There, now if they get raped, it's their own fault!

The GOP already disseminated the Talking Points for this a few years ago:
"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-09 11:46 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Animal House is a training and education film.

#3 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-10-10 12:02 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

And finally, some good news we can all enjoy:

Anthony Weiner to be released from prison early - www.cnn.com

#4 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-10-10 12:06 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

He gave a decent answer. I'm not offended by the notion that fraternities and sororities should educate young college students about rape. Just so long as the education doesn't involve telling women to behave more modestly and so forth. Awareness is good. Telling a woman she can't dress nice for a party because then she will be inviting rape is bad.

#5 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-10-10 12:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Educating females is a good idea.

It's always wise to be informed and minimize potential risk.

#6 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-10-10 12:22 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour

Cockburn is the female, democratic candidate.

#7 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-10-10 06:33 AM | Reply

#5 | Posted by moder8

You call that a "decent" answer????

It's a horrible answer, fool.

#8 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-10-10 06:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

The answer was ****.

Anyone who thinks it was good is also ****.

Those of us with daughters have already taught them to yell "fire!" or "someone is destroying private property!" or "a cat is stuck up in this tree!!!" or anything really other than "he's assaulting/raping me!"

Read this guy's answer. He wouldn't care. A few people who posted in the thread wouldn't either. They think it's happening because the person it's happening to is uneducated.

If only our daughters were windows at a Starbucks.

Imagine that.

There would be 9 threads posted here every time someone looked at one of them sideways.

For a replulican to state that women and girls are being raped because they are uneducated isn't really a surprise. For others to agree isn't a surprise either.

#9 | Posted by MrSilenceDogood at 2018-10-10 08:09 AM | Reply

Sounds like women have a better handle on this than any GOP male:

youtu.be

and yes, OldWhiskeySour (#1), thanks for not letting that pass!

#10 | Posted by YAV at 2018-10-10 08:19 AM | Reply

Justice Gang-Rape's daughters better learn how to avoid having a train run on them by turds from Georgetown Prep.

#11 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-10-10 08:26 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Riggleman's "answer" was awful. That's the GOP. in the GOP world, men just can't help themselves and can't be educated. They just don't have it in them to respect women. Just put the women in Burkas already. Fermohammadssake.

It's the fault of the woman or the responsibility of the woman. Poor men.

#12 | Posted by YAV at 2018-10-10 08:32 AM | Reply

How about teaching boys how to respect women? Too hard?

#13 | Posted by 726 at 2018-10-10 08:38 AM | Reply

Educating females about how to avoid rape: stay in your room, don't come out. When you do wear a burka. Those God damned women forcing men to rape them! Any woman who would vote for that monster is out of her mind. Any man who would vote for him doesn't care about the women in his life. Like his wife and daughters. He should be laughed out of public life forever.

#14 | Posted by danni at 2018-10-10 08:57 AM | Reply

I won't speculate what this guys intent was but Educating females on watching for signals that would tell them they are in a dangerous situation is a great idea.

Spiking drinks with drugs, having a buddy with them, etc.. all of that stuff that puts young girls in dangerous situations.

Nothing I've typed here intends to imply girls should be blamed for being girls

#15 | Posted by eberly at 2018-10-10 09:57 AM | Reply

#15 - Eb - watch the video in #10 if you haven't. You don't have to watch the entire thing.

#16 | Posted by YAV at 2018-10-10 10:03 AM | Reply

How about teaching boys how to respect women? Too hard?

#13 | POSTED BY 726

Why does it have to be either/or? Why can't it be both?

The left loves to scream that we have a "rape culture" in this country.

If that's true would it not make sense to educate girls on the best ways to minimize risk?

Yesterday at work I had to sit through an active intruder awareness training webinar.

By the logic being spouted here, that is somehow offensive - we should just teach people not to engage in mass shootings.

#17 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-10-10 10:15 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#17 You offered no consideration of "both sides" until it was brought up. Check your posts, Jeff. You said "Educating females is a good idea."

I do welcome this broader perspective. Even if you undercut it with your next two sentences. I'd advise you to watch the video in #10, too. Might give you a clue as to how women feel and operate in the world.

#18 | Posted by YAV at 2018-10-10 10:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I would love for my daughter to be able to walk into a fraternity party and know almost immediately if she's in a dangerous situation so she can get the hell out of there. "

A fraternity party is no place for your daughter to be. She should already know that before she went off to college and it was your job to tell her that.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2018-10-10 10:28 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

So now the GOP is agreeing with the Feminazis? "The first thing you need to teach girls is that men are --------."

#20 | Posted by TFDNihilist at 2018-10-10 10:29 AM | Reply

Educating Females isn't the problem. It is scummy right winged bastards who won't believe them when they come forward that's the problem. They'll lie out of their keisters to protect the man.

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-10-10 10:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I stand by my earlier statement. Education is important. For both young men and women. This guy Riggleman may be a total misogynist -------. I don't know anything about him. But advocating social awareness and education for young people who are entering a new environment such as college life is a good thing.

#22 | Posted by moder8 at 2018-10-10 11:12 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Educating females is a good idea.
It's always wise to be informed and minimize potential risk.

#6 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

No mention of educating guys?

And the vigilante justice thing, if your daughter says she was raped, the guy says it didn't happen, and there are no witnesses, does a father beat the guy to a pulp or nominate him to the Supreme Court? I'm confused. Republicans enlighten me.

#23 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-10-10 11:42 AM | Reply

No mention of educating guys?

I addressed this in #17.

#19 | POSTED BY DANNI

Have you ever been to a fraternity party? I've been to dozens. They aren't what you think they are.

#24 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-10-10 11:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

It's actually a very good idea. The problem is if someone in the GOP thinks this is the ONLY thing that needs to be done prevent rape. Saying that women don't need to be taught how to prevent rape is the same as saying people don't need to learn to drive defensively...after all, every driver should always do the right thing, right? In that fantasy world, there are no car accidents. But we don't live in that perfect world. There are things that women can do to avoid rape just like there are things we all do to avoid collisions. Almost every American takes precautions every day that they have to do. Some people avoid walking home through bad neighborhoods. But, but, but...there's no reason to do that because the crime in those areas doesn't really happen because the criminals all know they shouldn't do crime, right? What about digital crime? I can trust that Nigerian prince 100% because he knows that he shouldn't do anything bad to me, right? I don't need to learn how to identify fraudulent emails, right? We should be going to every person in African nations and teaching them it is wrong to be fraudulent.

Women ignoring this logic are easier targets and they can be taught how to become harder targets. We can all be taught how to identify warning signs that make us safer from any situation in our life. Hell, martial arts operate under the entire guise that knowing how to defend yourself makes you safer. I guess we should ignore how to defend ourselves because other people should be responsible for not wanting to do harm against us, right?

The problem is that training one side isn't the only answer. The other side has to be trained as well. So women should be saying "Thank you, I'll take the training so I can be safer. Now, what are you ------- GOPers doing to teach men not to be so stupid?"

#25 | Posted by humtake at 2018-10-10 12:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#24 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

I'm calling BS on this. Like all confederates, you're terrified of colleges.

#26 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-10-10 12:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Now, what are you ------- GOPers doing to teach men not to be so stupid?"

#25 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE

They put them in charge of the White House and promote them to be on the Supreme Court.

Presumably to reward them for not getting caught or perhaps to get them off the streets?

#27 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-10-10 12:50 PM | Reply

"Have you ever been to a fraternity party?"

LOL....obviously she hasn't.

But I appreciate her concern for my daughter.

#28 | Posted by eberly at 2018-10-10 12:53 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Excellent point, Yav.

#29 | Posted by eberly at 2018-10-10 12:56 PM | Reply

I graduated from a liberal arts college with a bachelor's degree, Dr Jones.

I was also in a fraternity (still am technically - brotherhood is for life).

I attended a lot of fraternity parties during my 4 years in college.

#30 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-10-10 12:56 PM | Reply

Like all confederates, you're terrified of colleges.

#26 | POSTED BY INDIANAJONES

That why they bring the tiki torches. To protect them from the dark and the evils of The Tree of Knowledge. (Its a Biblical / Religulous thing)

#31 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-10-10 01:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I addressed this in #17.
#24 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

No, you really didn't. This is nothing like an intruder meeting at work. This is a politician saying what type of educational meeting is necessary. It's not the meeting itself. And this is a culture that seems to still believe that girls want it or had it coming. So no mention of guys is ridiculous.

Although I agree. Frat Parties are not what most people think. Especially nowadays.

#32 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-10-10 01:17 PM | Reply

"Have you ever been to a fraternity party?"

Actually yes, exactly one. Biggest bunch of a****es I've ever met.

#33 | Posted by danni at 2018-10-10 01:32 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I have to admit, my one and only time at a frat party was way back in like 1970. Things have probably changed alot since then.

#34 | Posted by danni at 2018-10-10 01:33 PM | Reply

#34 | POSTED BY DANNI

That explains a ton. Yeah, things have really really changed...in most places.

#35 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-10-10 02:23 PM | Reply

Educating females is a good idea.
It's always wise to be informed and minimize potential risk.

#6 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2018-10-10 12:22 AM | FLAG: | FUNNY: 2

then this:
Why does it have to be either/or? Why can't it be both?

because you never said educate both you dolt.

"Educating females is a good idea."

feel free to make up more lies

#36 | Posted by cjk85 at 2018-10-10 05:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#37 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-10-10 05:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

It's kind of amazing how this guy doesn't seem to think girls are already being educated by their older siblings, peers, mothers, and Nullifidian's top-shelf source of anti-Capitalist feminist propaganda, Teen Vogue.

Of course this is part and parcel of a misogynist mindset where it's a shortcoming of girls, here their inadequate education, that defines the rape problem.

#38 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-10 05:29 PM | Reply

"Educating females"

Good catch!

People who routinely refer to women as "females" always turn out to be misogynist jerks. Always they are conservative, and often times they are gay.

I have yet to encounter an exception to this rule.

#39 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-10 05:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Educating females is a good idea. "

No worries GOPERS.

American women just got thoroughly educated on how conservatives view women today. You will see the results of your effirts in 30 days.

#40 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-10-10 05:39 PM | Reply

Efforts....

#41 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-10-10 05:40 PM | Reply

If a girl doesn't want to be raped. She shouldn't leave the house.

She can learn everything about cleaning and caring for a house from mother.

A girl who goes out to a party, or to a school, or to a job is asking for unwanted attention and is inviting boys to pursue her.

A woman needs to know her place in life. And that's by the side of a man. A man will provide a woman with all her needs.

Woman aren't to be trusted on their own. They are easily led astray and need a man's guidance to help her navigate through life.

Yes. It's a god thing we men are there to care for the weaker sex.

Thank God for Man!

#42 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-10-10 05:46 PM | Reply

Breaking News:

Textbook found that "educates females" on surviving rape attempts

#43 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-10-10 05:55 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

a lot of phony hysteria about this guy's comments. It's funny.

from the article...

"Demanding that women dress more modestly or avoid parties with alcohol is a way to restrict their freedom, but it's not a way to prevent them from being targeted by a predator. It also doesn't prevent that predator from targeting some other woman."

that wasn't said nor even implied by this guy from what I watched.

#44 | Posted by eberly at 2018-10-10 05:56 PM | Reply

I'm for..

1. arming women with mace
2. teaching them self-defense
3. teaching them to watch for dangerous situations..
4. always be in a group

I'm not for "demanding that women... ... .anything"

I don't know if this guy is either.

#45 | Posted by eberly at 2018-10-10 06:00 PM | Reply

As a republican and father of a daughter, I would beat the hell out of the young man.
Only after ensuring there would be no witnesses.

#46 | Posted by docman at 2018-10-10 06:01 PM | Reply

"1. arming women with mace"

Why not guns?
What if the bad guys have guns?
What if the bad guys have MOTHER ------- CAR ANTENNAS, Eberly? What good is your mace now, college boy?

#47 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-10 06:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

--"Educating females" sounds like something an incel would say since the word "women" scares them so much.

"Women" is sexist. The politically correct spelling is "womxn"

#48 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-10-10 06:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Hint: she's in danger.

#49 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-10-10 07:10 PM | Reply

yeah. I know. There is risk everywhere. Her boyfriend is in the frat where she's at any party.

great kid. I'm less worried because of that.

#50 | Posted by eberly at 2018-10-10 07:25 PM | Reply

"Her boyfriend is in the frat where she's at any party."

Good!

#51 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-10-10 07:35 PM | Reply

Oh Jesus Christ, now the word "female" is non-PC. I'm old enough to remember that a person was judged based off of their actions and not by a word that is in the dictionary and is used correctly in a sentence. I guess that's the new "those were the days" mantra.

#52 | Posted by humtake at 2018-10-11 12:40 PM | Reply

"Oh Jesus Christ, now the word "female" is non-PC."

No dumbass.

Pretend for a moment there are any women in yout life, okay? Do they pee in the women's room or the female room?

Words have meanings.

Deliberately using the wrong word for women sends a message. It's a message you agree with, which is why you don't see the problem. And it's also why you decide the problem must be "PC," not your own misuse of language.

Youre like a 60 year old incel. Sad!

#53 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-10-11 12:46 PM | Reply