Sunday, September 23, 2018

Drew Brees has now completed more passes than any player in NFL history, and he is on pace to set the record for career passing yards in two weeks. The New Orleans Saints quarterback broke Brett Favre's record with his 6,301st career completion in the second quarter Sunday at Atlanta -- a 17-yard pass to receiver Michael Thomas. ... Brees is now 417 yards away from Peyton Manning's mark of 71,940 career passing yards, which he is on pace to reach on Monday Night Football in Week 5.

Comments

Sports are something that I attempt to omit entirely from my actual news browsing unless it is actual news.

NFL is offensive anti-BLM platform and entirely unworthy.

#1 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-09-24 12:04 AM | Reply

I met Brees at a Microsoft conference in New Orleans about 5 years ago. He thought he was there for a Samsung promo and after I corrected him he started saying Apple . I fear his door bell has been rang too many times. I hope his long term health is not seriously damaged. Whatever the case, he seemed like a really nice guy. Impressive accomplishment to break a Favre record.

#2 | Posted by johnny_hotsauce at 2018-09-24 12:37 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I watched the game. they barely eeked out that win in overtime.

Breeze is a really cool dude. He socializes with folks around town. you may see him at the ice cream parlor with his kids or at the snow cone stand.

#3 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-09-24 08:04 AM | Reply

Lol! In his defense, theres a chance that he may not be too big into technology, just there for an appearance.

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-09-24 08:58 AM | Reply

After the Minnesota game, I need a break from NFL news for a couple days. 3rd biggest upset in history? Seriously?

#5 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-09-24 11:44 AM | Reply

Definitely one of the best ever.

"NFL is offensive anti-BLM platform and entirely unworthy."

Ah, the ol' "if you aren't for it then you are against it" logic. But isn't it odd that the majority of the athletes in the NFL are black and yet are anti-BLM, as you say? I mean, the players are the NFL too. If you agree with that, then you are saying they are anti-BLM. If you don't agree with that, then you agree they are not part of the NFL and thus are not allowed to use the NFL as a platform for their own causes.

Sucks when logic screws you, huh?

#6 | Posted by humtake at 2018-09-24 12:08 PM | Reply

Definitely one of the best ever.
"NFL is offensive anti-BLM platform and entirely unworthy."
Sucks when logic screws you, huh?
#6 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE AT 2018-09-24 12:08 PM

Glad I checked back.

Ohhhh, so pandering to the stupid people excuses firing Kaepernick? Those black athletes all ganged-up and voted to ruin his career because he took a knee for the disproportionate number of white deaths by police? What a great decision that was, to ban any players from kneeling and still include the military displays and other BS propaganda.

I'm not asking for anti-war strippers just yet, but society is deliberately divided by how this sport represents mindless obedience more than unifying peoples.

#7 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-09-24 04:05 PM | Reply