Saturday, September 15, 2018

When White House economic adviser Gary Cohn showed up in the Oval Office earlier this year to give Donald Trump news of an excellent jobs report, the president's keen grasp of economics and policy instantly came into play. "It's all because of my tariffs," he replied, according to Bob Woodward's new book, "Fear." Cohn had to inform him that the tariffs were not yet in effect. Now they are, and the news is not so sunny.

Comments

"Some of you are going to die.
Martyrs, of course,
In the freedom I shall provide."

(extra credit for identifying source)

#1 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-09-15 11:42 AM | Reply

... "It's all because of my tariffs," he replied, according to Bob Woodward's new book, "Fear." Cohn had to inform him that the tariffs were not yet in effect. ...

Pres Trump's reality-distortion field is worse than I had thought.

#2 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-09-15 12:10 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#1 ... (extra credit for identifying source) ...

(early) Genesis
www.youtube.com

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-09-15 12:13 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by LampLighter

Now...did you recognize it, or did you have to look it up?

#4 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-09-15 12:32 PM | Reply

"Cohn had to inform him that the tariffs were not yet in effect."

Nothing else need be said to understand what is happening under Trump. At least we talk maniacally daily about him, which he enjoys.

#5 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-09-15 12:41 PM | Reply

@#4 ... Now...did you recognize it, or did you have to look it up? ...

Combination of the two.

I'm a Genesis fan, mostly circa early 1970's.

The words looked familiar, but I couldn't place them. The early 1970's are a bit foggy for me. :)

So I asked duckduckgo help.

#6 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-09-15 12:50 PM | Reply

"I'm a Genesis fan, mostly circa early 1970's."

Excellent.

They were pretty much done (art-wise) two records after Gabriel left.

#7 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-09-15 01:05 PM | Reply

"we talk maniacally daily about him"

When you have brain cancer, it's on your mind. So please excuse us.

#8 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-09-15 04:36 PM | Reply