Saturday, September 15, 2018

The wealthiest supporter of the GOP in Ohio said Thursday that he is no longer a member of the Republican Party. "I just decided I'm no longer a Republican," L Brands CEO Leslie Wexner said during a panel discussion at a leadership summit, according to The Columbus Dispatch. The development came just a day after former President Obama slammed GOP lawmakers during a rally in Ohio for Democratic gubernatorial candidate Richard Cordray.

Comments

"What you're seeing is Republicans in Congress who are bending over backwards to try to shield and deflect oversight of this behavior and accountability and consequences," Obama said.

"This is serious. You know it is. And frankly even some of the Republicans know it is. They will say it, they just don't do anything about it. ... [They say,] 'we'll put up with crazy' in exchange for tax reform and deregulation."

Wexner called Obama's visit to Ohio this week a "great moment for the community," according to the Dispatch.

"I was struck by the genuineness of the man; his candor, humility and empathy for others," Wexner said.

Maybe Republicans are just naturally slow on the up-take... ya think?

Better late than never, I guess.

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-09-15 12:15 AM | Reply

The GOP has been weighed in the balance and found wanting.

#2 | Posted by Zed at 2018-09-15 07:01 AM | Reply

Not every Republican this November will vote GOP. The secret ballot is wonderful. Look for the GOP to get rid of it.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2018-09-15 07:09 AM | Reply

RINO!!!!!

--Bozo, Snippy, Fishface-----

#4 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-09-15 09:08 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He didn't leave the Republican Party. It left him. It's now the party of Trump.

#5 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2018-09-15 08:19 PM | Reply

His candor, humility, empathy for others

Wow a little bit ago he was a dumbass -----r who drove the country into the dirt

Guess what , he is the same guy now as he was before.

Missed opportunities.

#6 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-09-15 08:51 PM | Reply

His candor, humility, empathy for others

Guess what , he is the same guy now as he was before.

Missed opportunities.

#7 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-09-15 08:51 PM | Reply

I do hope he is the first of many who will follow his lead. The only real hope we have for America depends on many Republicans coming out of their comas.

#8 | Posted by danni at 2018-09-16 11:14 AM | Reply

Old dude like that probably already forgot about it.
pfft no biggie.

#9 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-09-16 11:31 AM | Reply

You spotlight your worries.

#10 | Posted by Zed at 2018-09-16 11:50 AM | Reply

Old dude like that probably already forgot about it.
pfft no biggie.

#9 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Proud member of the new Grand Old POS party!

#11 | Posted by jpw at 2018-09-16 12:10 PM | Reply

#9 Keep telling yourself that, Phester. You guys just keep on supporting Trump and his vile, dishonest, regressive agenda. At some point, and I hope it's soon, you will find out how many Americans are repulsed and ready to act on it.

#12 | Posted by cbob at 2018-09-16 04:03 PM | Reply

But cbob I have 2 great part time jobs and my socks are making money hand over a fist.

#13 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-09-16 05:45 PM | Reply

POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE AT 2018-09-16 05:45 PM | REPLY

Are they Al Bundy approved??

#14 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-09-16 05:46 PM | Reply

Are they Al Bundy approved??
#14 | POSTED BY LAURAMOHR

I draw the line at facing a fat woman's thingy.
~shudder

#15 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-09-16 05:51 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

What kind of socks? I have a hard time believing knitted footwear will sustain you in your dotage.

#16 | Posted by cbob at 2018-09-16 08:54 PM | Reply

POSTED BY CBOB AT 2018-09-16 08:54 PM | REPLY

Probably dollar store type.

#17 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-09-16 08:57 PM | Reply

I love the dollar store. Deplorable paradise. 😁

#18 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-09-16 10:26 PM | Reply

I have to wonder though, where was this guy when the GOP was trying to dismantle things like the EPA, ACA, etc.? Tax cuts for the richest 1%? I'm glad that something finally pushed him out of the GOP but honestly he sure tolerated an awful lot before he finally got around to it.

"Probably dollar store type."

I actually had a very bad reaction to dollar store socks. I ended up at a Dermatologist who informed me it was just an allergy to the garbage they make those socks out of. I threw the socks away and recovered quickly. Don't buy dollar store socks, underwear, etc.

#19 | Posted by danni at 2018-09-17 06:32 AM | Reply

Socks, underwear etc require frequent laundering no matter who sells um. 😏

#20 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-09-17 09:27 AM | Reply