Thursday, September 13, 2018

New York. Gov. Andrew Cuomo will win the Democratic nomination for a third-term on Thursday night, CNN projects, easily defeating a challenge from his left by progressive activist and actress Cynthia Nixon.

Comments

That woman is ------- insane.

#1 | Posted by byrdman at 2018-09-13 09:47 PM | Reply

Good news is Nixon can insist the room temperature be whatever she wants at her home

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2018-09-13 10:00 PM | Reply

Hooray for corrupt crusty old f---s!

#3 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-09-13 11:08 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Cuomo did a great job with the MTA: www.nytimes.com, and had his staff release a "Cynthia's an anti-semite" smear mailer this past week: www.nytimes.com. Eff that crooked -----

#4 | Posted by hamburglar at 2018-09-13 11:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The race was being billed as the Not So Great versus the Not So Qualified. A decently qualified Democratic candidate could have probably beat Cuomo. Unfortunately, Nixon was not that candidate.

#5 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-09-13 11:22 PM | Reply

I should say a decent (which Nixon is), decently qualified (which she isn't) candidate probably could have beaten Cuomo. But with a reality TV star sans political experience sitting in the Oval Office with anywhere from dubious to disastrous results, it was a bad time for an actor and director with no governing experience to decide to run for governor in one of the biggest states in the nation.

#6 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-09-13 11:32 PM | Reply

She didn't do herself any favors with the temperature thing.

#7 | Posted by byrdman at 2018-09-13 11:46 PM | Reply

She didn't do herself any favors with the temperature thing.

POSTED BY BYRDMAN AT 2018-09-13 11:46 PM | REPLY

I have a unique perspective on this. Before I went on hormones I could never get cool enough. I always stayed hot. Now almost 4 years on hormones I get really cold real easily. I get goosebumps all over at 60 degrees.

#8 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-09-14 12:03 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Cynthia Nixon: Born: Apr 09, 1966 (age 52) · New York, NY

Maybe Nixon is perimenopausal/menopausal and is taking hormones for that. If she was experiencing hot flashes, she'd probably want the temperature down lower than she requested.

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-09-14 12:09 AM | Reply

I used to live with a woman in her 70's as a boarder. She would run the AC in the dead of winter because of hot flashes. It was quite common I'd wake up seeing my breath from her running the AC all night. When I was younger loved summer but now I hate the heat and humidity. Wish it was 50 degrees year round.

#10 | Posted by byrdman at 2018-09-14 12:18 AM | Reply