Thursday, September 13, 2018

Video footage has emerged of the moment one man may have captured something he shouldn't while on the way to work. The anonymous source was driving when he noticed something unusual in the skies above El Paso, Texas. He pulled out his phone to record, and when he checked it out later he was left stunned by the footage. It shows what appears to be a triangular-shaped aircraft hovering above him.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

The video looks sort of like maybe a pair of F-15's banking in the morning sun? Maybe. But at the end of the video, it stops and starts to move backwards. Postworthy.

Comments

Dammit, they updated the original video. Still creepy, though. I wanted to go through it and see if it cast a shadow (I don't) or if there was any other sign of Photoshoping.

But yeah, look at that.

The only thing I can think of is "Project Green-Glow", which generates a plasma that creeps over the aircraft's skin and reduces its drag while absorbing radar energy.

Of course, the vehicle in the film is glowing yellow, but that is exactly why it would be called "Project Green-Glow".

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-13 02:51 AM | Reply

Interesting, but too blurry for this 'expert' to tell true from fiction.

In all honesty, I'll still look at footage like this, but I know the intricacies of photoshopping these days and it's amazing what people can do when they want to make something look real. Million dollar CGI from yesteryear is now available at the general public's finger tips. Therefor, skepticism must be the first reaction by default.

I hope the footage is real. It would be nice to see this stuff, whether of human origin or otherwise.

(Check out 'Three Body Problem', part of the 'Dark Forest' series -- awesome sci-fi read similar to 'Contact' only expanded out with LOTS of nuance. Two thumbs up.)

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-09-13 03:22 AM | Reply

It's the military footage, like new FLIR stuff, and also the cockpit camera stuff awhile back that gets me, both from us and the ussers. That's not fake. And then there is the FOIA stuff. Including captured Soviet documents that really don't seem to be disinformation. So it's hard to discount stuff like this.

#3 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-13 03:35 AM | Reply

#2 Will do.

#4 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-13 03:35 AM | Reply

Oh yeah, Project Green-Glow came to light when its lead researchers all died mysteriously. I read about it in British newspapers.

#5 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-13 03:42 AM | Reply

#2 I'm reading the plot, and the very letter was awesome.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-13 05:35 AM | Reply

#2 These Redemptionists sound like traitors to me. Let me keep reading the plot and I'll get back to you.

Every part of this is awesome. I'm voting for the Trisolaris.

#7 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-13 05:46 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 I have arrived.

Thank you, dude. Here is the summary I read. en.wikipedia.org(novel)

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-13 05:52 AM | Reply

There really is life on mars. Head for the hills.

#9 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-09-13 02:36 PM | Reply

That's a cloud in the video. Disappointing.

#10 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-09-13 03:27 PM | Reply

Thank you, dude. Here is the summary I read. en.wikipedia.org(novel)

#8 | POSTED BY HELIUMRAT AT 2018-09-13 05:52 AM | FLAG:

HAHA! Yes!

I've been wanting to go back and read the brief summary because all three books are a lot to take in. I hit them all back to back from audible.com on my long drives to North County.

Death's End is even more out there, way in the future. Talks about the potential end of the universe ('The Big Crunch' hypothesis), humans fighting against the Trisolarins in the 4th dimension...no more spoilers. There's a lot more they touch upon.

It's a great read and I'm sad it's over.

#11 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-09-13 11:54 PM | Reply