Monday, September 10, 2018

If you happen to be in or around the general Los Angeles area and available on Saturdays for the next few months. Shia LaBeouf will be on hand to oversee the first semester of his new Slauson R.C. Theater School, and it seems all you need to do is just show up. There's no tuition involved. "I'll be there every Saturday from 9 a.m., building shit with whoever shows up. I'm trying to change the world, if you are too let's get it. Bang."

Comments

So are they going to actually sling hammers and build stuff (ala Habitat for Humanity) or is this a bunch baristas (wan-a-be actors) hanging out shooting the bull?

#1 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2018-09-10 03:45 PM | Reply

RTA. They're going to make a perfect circle, and explore what it's like to be unable to form new memories. I suppose that's where the hammers come in.

#2 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-09-10 04:02 PM | Reply

#1 | POSTED BY BOGEY1355 AT 2018-09-10 03:45 PM

It's a good question, but if you are familiar with Shia this is going to potentially be intense.

Maybe they will discuss subtractive/additive lighting, standing marks and line delivery but I would expect he is going to provoke some extraordinary results.

He terrifies me slightly, but I would go expecting to discover something cooler than critique or method.

#3 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-09-10 05:35 PM | Reply

Shia Lebeouf's performance piece "DON'T LET YOUR DREAMS BE DREAMS," found me at a time I needed it, and converted me to a supporter of his. You go on and do whatever you're gon' do, you reckless sunnofavich.

#4 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-09-10 10:56 PM | Reply

Shia is totally toasted.

#5 | Posted by fishpaw at 2018-09-11 04:11 PM | Reply

Well. I hope they have a good time. Do some good. Don't hurt anybody. And clean up after themselves.

#6 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2018-09-11 04:26 PM | Reply