Sunday, September 09, 2018

The Trump administration has consistently sought to exaggerate the potential security threat posed by refugees and dismissed an intelligence assessment last year that showed refugees did not present a significant threat to the U.S., three former senior officials told NBC News. Hard-liners in the administration then issued their own report this year that several former officials and rights groups say misstates the evidence and inflates the threat posed by people born outside the U.S.

Comments

'I believe what I believe without regard to facts and studies provided by the wisest people in the Nation, and will govern as if my ignorance is superior to this wisdom'....Trumpublicans.

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-09-09 09:56 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Like Fidel Castro used to say: 'Our island is safe from foreigners. I could walk through a school with a lit cigar and still be elected. If I'm not re-elected it's your fault.'

#2 | Posted by ajwood at 2018-09-09 02:07 PM | Reply

#1 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour

And there is nothing that will change YOUR mind old.

#3 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-09-09 04:14 PM | Reply

You are wrong, Sniper. I am absolutely ready to change a position, and have many times, when mitigating circumstances or new conditions are encountered. I'm always ready to improve my opinions, behavior, and reactions to new data.

Here are a few motivations which have changed my opinions.

1) New facts come to light which are contradictory to the facts upon which my position was founded.

2) Conditions evolve, (cost, inconveniences, unexpected consequences, injustice) or develop, which re-prioritize the weight or the impact my assumptions dictate.

3) The morality, upon which my assumptions and decisions are made, is revealed as being false, flawed, immoral, or amoral.

4) A candidate who I supported showed himself to be untrustworthy through deed or official statement.

5) If a candidate, orsitting elected official were to blatantly politicize his office, displaying personal, monetary, or maliciously based motivations, I would reconsider my support and search for different positions.

How bout you, Lil' Fella?

BTW, why the hell am I seeing Sniper posts, Rcade? I've had that Moron plonked for months.

#4 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-09-09 06:35 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I've had that Moron plonked for months." - #4 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-09-09 06:35 PM

You and 42 other Retort posters.

The people have voted with their killfiles.

#5 | Posted by Hans at 2018-09-09 08:57 PM | Reply

#4 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour

You'll see 'em if you're not logged in...

#6 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-09-09 10:06 PM | Reply

The republiclo°wns loves them some ghost stories. Cowards is what they are... afraid of everything always afraid that something is gonna come in and take their lives.... well because it is... because that is what life is but they are gods spoilt brat entitled to special treatment

#7 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-09-10 08:07 AM | Reply

facts and studies provided by the wisest people in the Nation

Funny how those "facts" and "wisest" always seem to line up with YOUR ideology?

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2018-09-10 10:40 AM | Reply

I remember a similar report that came out a couple years ago that had the opposite findings and Dems buried it because it was misleading, didn't account for several things, etc. But now that there is a report that is in line with their opinions, now it's being taken as gospel. Reports mean crap these days. No data can be trusted anymore. It's not hard to understand how this impacts our nation's strategic decisions on a daily basis.

#9 | Posted by humtake at 2018-09-10 11:47 AM | Reply

Waht's the matter snips? Facts getting in the way of your bigotry?

#10 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2018-09-10 12:03 PM | Reply

Funny how those "facts" and "wisest" always seem to line up with YOUR ideology?
#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2018-09-10 10:40 AM |

Funny how you hold on to your ideology even though the facts don't support it.

Maybe I have my ideology because I looked at the facts and made an informed decision. Maybe you should do the same.

Come into the light.

#11 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-09-10 12:40 PM | Reply

Funny how all the experiments on gravity agree with the laws of newtonian physics. It couldn't possibly mean that Newtonian physics works. The experimenters must all be faking the data.

See I can use right wing logic too.

#12 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-09-10 12:43 PM | Reply

Yes that's how science works. You discard the results of flawed experiments. You wanted to accept it DESPITE major flaws but that is not how science works

But now that there is a report that is in line with their opinions

We don't accept it because it agrees with our opinions. We accept it because it doesn't intentionally mislead or leave out information. It is valid data at least until and unless we find out something that proves it wrong.

Our opinions are based on the science so most of the time science agrees with us. When science proves us wrong we change our position.

Why do you have such loyalty to your positions that you will accept bad science and deny good science?

#13 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-09-10 12:54 PM | Reply

#9 | POSTED BY HUMTAKE

Show up or shut up.

#14 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-09-10 01:06 PM | Reply

facts and studies provided by the wisest people in the Nation
Funny how those "facts" and "wisest" always seem to line up with YOUR ideology?
#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ

You say "facts" but you mean Facts. I'm sorry reality doesn't fit your ideology and tends to lean Liberal.

Maybe its time to change your ideology?

#15 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-09-10 01:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

facts and studies provided by the wisest people in the Nation

Funny how those "facts" and "wisest" always seem to line up with YOUR ideology?

#8 | Posted by boaz

That's because liberal policies are supported by facts, not because they're a big secret conspiracy against you.

#16 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-09-10 01:38 PM | Reply

No data can be trusted anymore.

#9 | Posted by humtake

WHATABOUTISM for the win. You are proof that soviet propaganda works.

The whole goal of WHATABOUTISM is to make morons go "well I guess I can't believe anything I hear." which enables those in power to do whatever they want.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-09-10 01:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Trumpubliscabs believe anything the huge cheeto jeebus spews on them like immigrants from the South raping everyone before they sell them drugs.

1 - Erecting a wall will definitely prevent penetration.

2 - The Russians will gladly step-in for the cartels. No digging required.

MAGA

#18 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2018-09-10 03:00 PM | Reply

Funny how those "facts" and "wisest" always seem to line up with YOUR ideology?

#8 | Posted by boaz

Yup!

Funny how our ideology is based on actual facts.

Hilarious even. Who ever heard of such a thing?

#19 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-09-10 03:37 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Funny how those "facts" and "wisest" always seem to line up with YOUR ideology?
#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ AT 2018-09-10 10:40 AM | FLAG: AWWWWWWWWW

Must cause you a lot of butt hurt Salchia Blanco... but really you are getting it all wrong.

it goes like this for us on the left side of things. Wisest + Facts = Ideology

With clowns such as your self goes like this:

Ideology + ghost stories = facts

You don't live in reality. That is why your preznits leave office in disgrace.

#20 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-09-11 07:05 AM | Reply