Friday, September 07, 2018

President Donald Trump went on an bizarre tangent during a rally Thursday night in Billings, Montana, speculating about his possible impeachment while attempting to convince his supporters to vote Republican in November's midterm elections. "It's so ridiculous," he continued. "But we'll worry about that if it ever happens. But if it does happen, it's your fault because you didn't go out to vote. I'll be the only president in history ... they'll say, 'What a job he's done. By the way, we're impeaching him.'"

Comments

"Many Democrats have gone relatively quiet about the prospect of impeachment as Election Day approaches, worried that touting the prospect now would alienate voters.

But following the anonymous editorial published by The New York Times this week, in which a senior Trump administration official wrote that Cabinet officials had discussed removing the president through the use of the 25th Amendment, some lawmakers have turned toward that option as a suitable alternative.

"If senior administration officials think the president of the United States is not able to do his job, then they should invoke the 25th Amendment," Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) declared Thursday. "Every one of these officials have sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States. It's time for them to do their job."

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-09-07 10:18 AM | Reply

HAHA

That's right, "conservatives"

Trump doesn't work for you

You work for Trump

suckers

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-09-07 10:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Impeachment won't happen, sorry lefties.

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-09-07 10:37 AM | Reply

Madame Gonoles, Psychic Extraordinaire!

It won't happen even if it should with the GOP in charge of the House. With the Dems in charge, which looks more likely every day, it could well happen if it should.

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2018-09-07 10:42 AM | Reply

Impeachment won't happen

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at

Nervous breakdown might. Hope we get it on video.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2018-09-07 12:10 PM | Reply

It's fun to joke about Donald's mental health but ultimately there's nothing funny about it. You've got the WH staff tip-toeing around the crazy man making sure he doesn't drown in the bathtub. It's the model of a dysfunctional family.

We can only hope that when Trump snaps it ends in something as ant-climatic as resignation. I've never thought we'd get off that easy. The Presidency is Donald's bunker. Without it's protection the Russians will get him. Well, the Russians already have, but you catch my drift.

He's likely to fight like a crazed rat to protect his freedom, power, and money. This scenario is often played out with dictators in the Third World. Now we get our turn.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-09-07 12:20 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Impeachment won't happen, sorry lefties Americans." - #3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-09-07 10:37 AM

Accuracy is important.

#7 | Posted by Hans at 2018-09-07 12:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

@#3 ... Impeachment won't happen, sorry lefties. ...

It's not just the, as you say, lefties.

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-09-07 01:14 PM | Reply

@#7

I hadn't read that far down the thread when I posted #8. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

#9 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-09-07 01:15 PM | Reply

... it's your fault because you didn't go out to vote ...

So Pres Trump is telling his supporters that if impeachment were to occur, it would not be because of his actions while in office, but only because his supporters did not elect enough Trump-loyal people to Congress.

By that "logic," anytime the House is of a different party than the Oval Office, impeachment will happen.

Pres Trump really needs to start taking responsibility for what he does, and stop blaming others.

#10 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-09-07 01:19 PM | Reply

Reminds me of a woman I use to date.

#11 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-09-07 02:57 PM | Reply

#11 You dated Hans?

#12 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-07 05:37 PM | Reply

"You can silence a person, but you can't silence an idea." - Pol Pot.

#13 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-07 05:38 PM | Reply

you can't silence an idea.

Sure you can. Simply kill everyone who knows it.

#14 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-09-07 05:52 PM | Reply

#12 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-09-07 05:37 PM

"Did you read the thread where I told Gal_Tuesday the three rules of power? She basically abandoned the site after that. I think I may have actually had a positive moral impact on someone...." - #30 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-24 11:47 PM
"Stupid ----, your ---------- posts didn't force anybody to abandon this site."

POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2018-08-24 10:49 AM | REPLY
POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2018-08-24 10:43 AM | REPLY
POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2018-08-24 10:33 AM | REPLY
POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2018-08-24 10:26 AM | REPLY
POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY AT 2018-08-24 10:20 AM | REPLY - #35 | Posted by reinheitsgebot at 2018-08-25 12:37 AM

"Seniority 3? Since 2000? That's not right. I live on this planet, and I can remember things. I've been here since 2012 and Gal_Tuesday was relatively new logging in right after RussiaGate. Yeah. Issues here." - #41 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-25 01:05 AM
"Why am I not seeing her posts?" - #42 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-25 01:09 AM
"I swear I don't have her plonked. Can somebody post me the last thing she posted and stuff?" - #44 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-25 01:13 AM
"No. I cant. I swear to God I am not making this up.

"Guys, I'm going on vacation for a little while. I know who to talk to. This reminds of when a virus started turning my posts into anti-NATO rants on another blog.

I was like "Wait, I didn't type that". But this is darker. - #46 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-25 01:28 AM

"...I voted for Trump." - #42 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2017-11-01 07:52 PM

#15 | Posted by Hans at 2018-09-07 06:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Impeachment won't happen, sorry lefties.

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92

What you're boasting about is the republican party's willingness to protect a traitor, tyrant, and con man instead of their country.

#16 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-09-07 06:56 PM | Reply

Basically trump is admitting to crimes when he says this.

Dems can't impeach him if he's done nothing wrong.
So if he's saying dems will impeach him if they win, then he's saying he's done something impeachable.

He's begging joe six pack to help protect him from accountability for crimes against america. Join him in his treason you pathetic suckers.

#17 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-09-07 07:00 PM | Reply

Trump's already planned what he's going to say when he's forced from office.

#18 | Posted by Tor at 2018-09-07 08:07 PM | Reply

He's taking us all down with him

#19 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-09-07 08:30 PM | Reply

Alienation of voters is the premise of the massive blue tidal wave that is not about to make the ancient Western Interior Sea look like a puddle.

You guys built this,
Former D voter.

#20 | Posted by mutant at 2018-09-07 08:54 PM | Reply

You guys built this,
Former D voter.

#20 | Posted by mutant

And you built that first sentence. Or at least you tried.

#21 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-09-07 09:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Drugs are a helluva drug

Drinking is fun

Can i get some effort points ya english nazi?

Mutant knows no king's English and failed it in at the eighth grade....

#22 | Posted by mutant at 2018-09-07 09:39 PM | Reply

#22 | Posted by mutant

Then maybe go post on a physics discussion site where language abilities aren't important. If you're trying to argue politics, basic grammar is a prerequisite. Otherwise you just prove what everyone already suspects about trump supporters.

#23 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-09-07 09:46 PM | Reply

Now we have to be grammatically correct on a crap posting discussion board that copied a name of another news board? Ok buddy, you got me.

I prefer to grammar like i make it, it is you that has comprehension issues. Learn to autocorrect and fill in blanks but don't use at as a premise to win arguments it makes you seem pedantic.

#24 | Posted by mutant at 2018-09-07 10:31 PM | Reply

I prefer to grammar like i make it...

That's pretty obvious.

#25 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-09-07 10:35 PM | Reply

And in other news redial claims canada is south *** of the usa.

**** a part is.

Go buy cheese for 10 doughlars a pound and rake some leaves leaf.

#26 | Posted by mutant at 2018-09-07 10:46 PM | Reply

Honest question, grammar be damned redial, do you tire of your current cucked leader so much you come to a primarily usa based political cooking and sewing discussion board based out of Florida??

#27 | Posted by mutant at 2018-09-07 10:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

You should just go sleep it off.

#28 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-09-07 10:52 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

What a great losing retort. This site used to have a slogan "red meat for yellow dogs". Now its just "we are always at war with eurasia".

Goodnight neighbor to the south (in Ontario).

Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!

#29 | Posted by mutant at 2018-09-07 11:32 PM | Reply

Drink lots of water... it will help in the morning.

#30 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-09-07 11:41 PM | Reply

Ton front est ceint de fleurons glorieux!
#29 | POSTED BY MUTANT

Roughly translates:

"Oh, the glory of French toast with syrup"

#31 | Posted by SheepleSchism at 2018-09-07 11:47 PM | Reply

The buck stops here. - Harry S Truman

The buck stops everywhere but here. - Donald J. Trump

#32 | Posted by cbob at 2018-09-08 02:26 PM | Reply

#24 | Posted by mutant

I don't demand perfect grammar, but I shouldn't have to sit here and try and figure out what you're trying to say because you're rambling like sarah palin.

If you're talking like an idiot, it makes the case AGAINST whatever you're arguing for.

#33 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-09-08 05:32 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

An obituary that I wish could be mine....." Here lies the man who caused trump to be impeached "

#34 | Posted by 1947steamer at 2018-09-09 08:30 AM | Reply | Funny: 1