Wednesday, August 08, 2018

A record number of women have won major party nominations for governorships and seats in the House of Representatives this year -- a full month before primary season is officially over. Democrats on Tuesday chose former Michigan House Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer (D) and Kansas state Sen. Laura Kelly (D) as their nominees for governorships. That brings the number of women who have won major party gubernatorial nominations to 11 -- one more than the previous record, set five times over the last quarter century.

Comments

This is a great trend. Get out and vote to help support these women, regardless of party affiliation, we need more balance at all levels of government to create a proper perspective in these hyper partisan times.

#1 | Posted by leftcoastlawyer at 2018-08-08 02:44 PM | Reply

Wow young one's too. Be afraid pigs be very very afraid.

#2 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-08-08 09:05 PM | Reply

Yay! Godspeed, ladies!

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-08-08 09:08 PM | Reply

You can just feel the "real news" digging through their garbage and dirty laundry.

#4 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-08-08 09:19 PM | Reply

We might expect this trend to defuse international tensions over time and re-instill social values, until you consider the track record of women like Hillary Clinton, Margarete Thatcher and Madeleine Albright. With so much chaos in the White House, its hard to tell whether Trump is a lone diplomat for peace or just the latest narcissistic war monger.

I wish them success and am hopeful they can be a powerful positive influence on policy, which is sorely lacking.

#5 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-08-09 08:42 AM | Reply

I can't wait until every white man is out of office. For the past couple of decades I've had to listen to everyone whine and complain and say all of these problems are because of old white rich men in power. Now that they are losing power, that means all of our problems are going to go away. It's about time!

#6 | Posted by humtake at 2018-08-09 11:58 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Yay! Godspeed, ladies!

#3 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday

Huzzah!

It seems I am always at my best while working under a woman.

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-08-09 03:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

It seems I am always at my best while working under a woman.

#7 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

And I'm at my best when I'm working a woman over.

#8 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-09 03:51 PM | Reply

When I'm working over a woman. Sorry for the typo.

#9 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-09 03:51 PM | Reply

--And I'm at my best when I'm working a woman over.

Oh no. Dirk-Tse-Tung will be along any minute.

#10 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-08-09 03:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

--And I'm at my best when I'm working a woman over.
Oh no. Dirk-Tse-Tung will be along any minute.

#10 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2018-08-09 03:55 PM | FLAG:

No shock you beat me here.

You wouldn't want to miss a chance to laugh about domestic abuse.

#11 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-08-09 04:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Dirk routinely punches the clown. But that's just "Miss Michigan" doing the dirty work.

#12 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-09 04:06 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

And I'm at my best when I'm working a woman over.
#8 | POSTED BY JEFFJ

As the Notorious BIG, beloved godfather of hip hop, once said:

#13 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-08-09 04:08 PM | Reply

Lord, I apologize for that there #7, and...be with the starving pygmies in New Guinea, amen.

#14 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-08-09 04:08 PM | Reply

Dirk routinely punches the clown.

No he doesn't.

That saying is hurtful and demeaning.

I demand an apology. I'm going to the HR department.

#15 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-08-09 04:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#13 | POSTED BY CLOWNSHACK

It's similar to Jules quoting Ezekial 25:17 before unloading on a poor sap, Frank Cotton likes to preface his beatdowns with:

"I'm going to bang twice today. First, I'm going to bang your head through the floor and then I'm going to bang your wife."

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-09 04:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

alright. He doesn't punch the clown, he flogs the bishop.

#17 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-09 04:13 PM | Reply

""She don't remember s***, just two hits. Her hitting the floor and me hitting the cl*t. Sucking on the t*ts! Had the hooker begging for the d***.""

Sounds like a Grammy winner in today's "music" culture.

#18 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-08-09 04:16 PM | Reply

Sounds like a Grammy winner in today's "music" culture.

#18 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2018-08-09 04:16 PM | FLAG: Listens only to Wagner

#19 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-08-09 04:23 PM | Reply

alright. He doesn't punch the clown, he flogs the bishop.

#17 | POSTED BY JEFFJ AT 2018-08-09 04:13 PM | FLAG:

Shocks the monkey? Foxes the fox? Rats on the rat? Apes the Ape?

#20 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-08-09 04:24 PM | Reply

he flogs the bishop.

Chokes the chicken.

Shocks the monkey?

Two in the pink, one------------.

#21 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-08-09 05:42 PM | Reply