Wednesday, August 08, 2018

This is the remarkable moment one million ants worked together to construct a bridge to invade a giant wasp nest. The perfectly arranged ants were captured in Brazil forming the bizarre build in order to attack the enemy. Francisco Boni, an electrical engineer, who captured the footage wrote on Twitter: 'Attack of legionary ants (also known as army ants or marabunta) to a wasp honeycomb.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

[[https://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/08/06/1905257396905591884/640x360_MP4_1905257396905591884.mp4]]

Comments

Rats, I even forgot the URL: www.dailymail.co.uk

Yeah, that was a big time posting screw up :(

#1 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-08 01:17 PM | Reply

I know how you feel, ants. Wasps nearly killed me once.

Fell off a ladder and broke my ankle when I encountered a nest of 'em in the gutter I was working on. All I did was step back. Oh right. Mental note. Do not step back on a ladder. Bastards didn't even sting me; they just laughed at me sprawled out on the ground.

#2 | Posted by cbob at 2018-08-08 04:28 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

If we piss off the Chinese that is what is going to happen to us.

#3 | Posted by RightisTrite at 2018-08-08 04:29 PM | Reply

I guess that is cheaper than the can of Raid I recently purchased to deal with a couple of wasp nests.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-08 04:39 PM | Reply

Those ants are the opposite of modern America.

#5 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2018-08-08 06:28 PM | Reply

This reminds me of the zombies in World War Z climbing over each other to scale that wall.

#6 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-08-08 07:40 PM | Reply

Millions of ants can't be wrong.

Eat WASPS.

#7 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-08-08 08:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

For some reason, wasps LOVE the brick around my front door. They keep trying to make a nest there.

There are few things I'm afraid of, bees are one of them.

#8 | Posted by boaz at 2018-08-09 09:04 AM | Reply

Maybe Orange Adolf can convince the ants to build his border wall?

#9 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-08-09 03:56 PM | Reply

Build Trump's wall and see Mexicans do the same thing.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2018-08-09 04:29 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"There are few things I'm afraid of, bees are one of them. Facts are another.
#8 | POSTED BY BOAZ"

#11 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2018-08-09 07:57 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

No word on where Supernova, Alan Rails, or Crocubot were at the time?

#12 | Posted by slugh at 2018-08-09 09:22 PM | Reply