Tuesday, August 07, 2018

When hundreds of white supremacists arrived in Charlottesville, Virginia, for a deadly "Unite the Right" protest last August, local authorities were unprepared for the violence that terrorized the city, largely standing back during bloody encounters between white supremacists and counterprotesters. One year later, we speak with investigative reporter A.C. Thompson on his work to track down and identify white supremacists from Charlottesville and other extremist rallies across the country. His investigation, "Documenting Hate: Charlottesville," premieres tonight at 10 p.m. Eastern on PBS.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Watch the video at the link, I can't embed it here.

Comments

Video proof that the white supremacists from 35 States were hell bent on sending their message through violence. The police were definitely on the white supremacists side, doing nothing throughout the protest violence. Unlike the anti-Nazis protestors, The supremacists brought clubs, including metal pipes, guns and of course that infamous car. Many of these supremacists have ties to the military and some are still working full time in the military. People like this are why natives want US Bases out of their country.

As usual Trump lied his way through the event by pretending there was violence on both sides. This was clearly not the case.

#1 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-08-08 06:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Donald Trump is an enabler for the Neo-Nazis and White Nationalists and is a disgrace to this country.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2018-08-08 08:15 AM | Reply

This was clearly not the case.

#1 | POSTED BY BAYVIKING

The videos tell a different story. There WAS violence from both sides.

Trump tried to imply there were nice Nazi's. THAT is clearly not the case. But we have to admit there was violence from both sides and violence is not the solution. But it is a difficult situation where one side WANTS violence and the other thinks that violence should be met with violence.

Gandhi showed us a different way. Too bad we are not interested. We are a violent nation. We got our start thru violence and we have learned to solve our problems with violence. And I fear we will continue down that path until someone or something stops us.

#3 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-08-08 10:21 AM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY AT 2018-08-08 10:21 AM | REPLY

Careful, this kind of moderate behavior gets you labeled a Nazi Coddler nowadays.

#4 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-08-08 10:50 AM | Reply

We had to fight a world war to get rid of the first round of Nazis. By taking up that mantle and espousing those ideas they leave people no other recourse than violence. Part of being a Nazi is advocating for the extermination of entire races and religious groups. That is completely unacceptable and should be met with fierce resistance from every sane person. Anyone who tolerates their presence is part of the problem. It is never OK to be a Nazi, end of story.

#5 | Posted by qcp at 2018-08-08 11:10 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

"I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on -------, -----, ---- or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless."

GySgt Hartman

#6 | Posted by SunTzuMeow at 2018-08-08 12:18 PM | Reply

Seems like there should be some Congressional investigations about this.

#7 | Posted by danni at 2018-08-08 12:31 PM | Reply

#3, brain dead donnerchild,

A neo-Nazi attacks you with a steel pipe, you swing back with your fists but quickly fall into a fetal position in self defense, then donnerboy and Trump PRETEND "there was violence on both sides." Their position is beyond pathetic, it is evil and dangerous.

#8 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-08-08 12:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

So does Antifa have the right to stand their ground when racists attack?

#9 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-08-08 01:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#3, brain dead donnerchild,

#8 | Posted by bayviking

You know as well as I do that Antifa came prepared to fight. The problem occurred when the police did not do their job and keep them separated.

Just so you know...

If a Nazi were down my street and I go out to confront him there is probably going to be violence because the Nature of Nazi's. They are violent. But knowing this we could and should do better by being more creative than the Nazi's (which shouldn't be too hard!)

And because I am subject to the same forces and emotions as everyone else in America (and because I am a former Marine) I am not saying I would do any better or be a good little "Gandhi" and just take a beating. I am saying there is a better way.

We just don't choose to use it.

#10 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-08-08 02:26 PM | Reply

Who is we? What orders were the police operating under? Should the people that film these events be arrested and thrown in jail like Manning, because it is too embarrassing to the police, the army or any other Government official?

#11 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-08-08 03:11 PM | Reply

#5 | Posted by qcp

I'm of the opinion it's a bit more complex.

1st, I believe, they must be identified. Yet, when we have a part of the left screaming Nazi at a huge portion of American's, as well as the MSM not helping in this at all, we're looking at a whole lot of folks 'not being tolerated' who don't deserve that treatment.

You're right, it's not OK to be a Nazi or white supremacist, but according to the all inclusive rhetoric being carelessly used today there are, apparently, millions of Nazi's running around the country. The only thing I'd add to that is, I have serious doubts that shouting them down or disrupting lawful gathering's of REAL white supremacist's will ever have an affect on their presence in America.

Following logic, the next step up from shouting & disrupting is violence. And no, that is not a call to violence from me. Just how I view the current situation.

#12 | Posted by 9mmHeater at 2018-08-08 03:23 PM | Reply

Agreed.

#13 | Posted by 9mmHeater at 2018-08-08 03:24 PM | Reply

@comrade 9mm

Maybe should just go up and give your friends the white supremacists and the Nazi's hugs, as you seem to have no problems coddling them.

#14 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-08-08 03:45 PM | Reply

You make no sense, AB.

I'd like to see you attempt to, tho. All you need do is explain how what I said in 12 points to 'coddling'?

You are actually part of the problem and you don't even know it.

#15 | Posted by 9mmHeater at 2018-08-08 03:51 PM | Reply

#15 | POSTED BY 9MMHEATER

100% of Monson's posts are trolling posts.

I've tried to explain that in order to be effective it needs to be mixed up a bit and employ more subtlety if the trolling is to be effective.

#16 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-08 03:54 PM | Reply

You're right, Jeff.

With all the practice it seems he's had, he makes for a terrible troll. I've suggested he get some new material as well. Needs to do something if planning on making it a career.

I guess I do sort of enjoy shutting him down, tho.

#17 | Posted by 9mmHeater at 2018-08-08 04:03 PM | Reply

Looks like Jeffry found a new buddy! You 2 snowflakes are so cute together.
Maybe you can call up Elerby and FakeO'Lawyer and you guys can have a fascist-----------.

#18 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-08-08 05:43 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

I guess I do sort of enjoy shutting him down, tho.

#17 | POSTED BY comrade 9mm

You haven't shut down $#!+ Cletus. Speaking of trolls........
You along with you new pal Jeffry are 2 of the biggest hypocrites that post here.

#19 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-08-08 05:47 PM | Reply

I haven't been on this thread, ----.

#20 | Posted by eberly at 2018-08-08 05:48 PM | Reply

I haven't been on this thread, ----.

#20 | POSTED BY comrade EBERLY

Never said you were Einstein! Reading is fundamental tough guy.
I bet you were home schooled.

#21 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-08-08 05:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

wow, I ignore you for a reason, troll.

go sniff someone else's ass.

#22 | Posted by eberly at 2018-08-08 05:59 PM | Reply

Your obsession with ---- sniffing is showing, Ebb Early. None of us need these increasingly frequent forays into your fantasy life.

#23 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-08-08 06:15 PM | Reply

With all the practice it seems he's had, he makes for a terrible troll.

You have to be referring to DRtarded Donson, I got so tired of his inanity that I chose not to see him anymore.

#24 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-08-08 06:18 PM | Reply

Documentary Exposes Neo-Nazi Leaders Ties to U.S. Military

A bunch of angry stupid violent men are connected to an organization which needs lots of angry stupid violent men?

Shocking.

#25 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-08-08 06:36 PM | Reply

Never said you were Einstein! Reading is fundamental tough guy.
I bet you were home schooled.

#21 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON

Looks like this thread is playing out in the same way with the same nazi sympathizers. He can't seem to read properly in the other thread either.

#26 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-08-08 06:44 PM | Reply

BS Donner. If you really WERE in the Marines, you'd know 100% there is no such thing as a former Marine.

SFMF

#27 | Posted by willowby at 2018-08-08 08:58 PM | Reply

Never said you were Einstein! Reading is fundamental tough guy.
I bet you were home schooled.

#21 | Posted by aborted_monson

Couldn't resist with this one.

Reading comprehension relies, in part, on properly written sentences, grammar, punctuation and so on.

Since I'm quite certain you are wondering, AB, how that applies in this case I will show you.

"Reading is fundamental, tough guy." Please note the comma.

As for your reading comprehension, I am still eagerly awaiting your explanation on how my #12 in this thread shows, what you consider to be, 'coddling'.

#28 | Posted by 9mmHeater at 2018-08-08 09:41 PM | Reply

#27 - Bulls**t. "Former" is used, "Ex-Marine" is never used.
You sound like another poser.

#29 | Posted by YAV at 2018-08-08 10:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#29 | POSTED BY YAV

Donner has talked about his service in the marines on occasion and he's always very consistent with what he says.

I 100% believe he served in the Marine corps based upon the totality of his posts on the subject.

#30 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-08 10:42 PM | Reply

I think Yav was taking a potshot at Willoby.

#31 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-08-08 10:45 PM | Reply

I know that, Redial. I was backing up his post because Willowby was calling into question Donner's service, which for anyone who has been on this site for a long time doesn't even remotely doubt.

#32 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-08 10:50 PM | Reply

Glad ya'll got that all worked out.
I'd hate to have to break it down, Barney-style.

#33 | Posted by YAV at 2018-08-08 10:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

LOL.

#34 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-08-08 11:03 PM | Reply

Yav,

If you would have brought in Barney, I would have brought in Charles Barkley.

www.thewareaglereader.com

#35 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-08-08 11:10 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

SFMF

#27 | Posted by willowby at 2018-08-08 08:58 PM

Precisely what makes these people potentially the most dangerous terrorist organizations in operation anyplace. If only we could use them to route out the Russian military cells.. Cat meet Hamburgler.

#36 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-08-09 12:34 AM | Reply

BTW - I love the way Barney looks at the end of his match with Barkley, Jeff!

#37 | Posted by YAV at 2018-08-09 01:39 PM | Reply

#24 | POSTED BY FakeLawyer/Joe Dirt

Like I've said in other threads Joe, you seem to have a lot of free time to post here given your "claimed" profession. The Lawyers I know are too busy with their current case or upcoming cases to post as frequently as you do.

#38 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-08-09 04:18 PM | Reply

Couldn't resist with this one.
"Reading is fundamental, tough guy." Please note the comma.

#28 | POSTED BY comrade9mm

Cool story broski.

So not only are you a Nazi sympathizer, but you are punctuation and spelling Nazi as well! Bonus points for you. Your Fuhrer will be pleased.

#39 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-08-09 04:22 PM | Reply

You're full of crap, yav, unless that's a new development. You're a Marine period. Not ex OR former. BTW, What unit of the Marines did you serve in? If none, shut your pie hole.

#40 | Posted by willowby at 2018-08-10 01:23 AM | Reply

Face it monson, he punked your sorry a--. Feeble attempt on your part to turn it around.

#41 | Posted by willowby at 2018-08-10 01:28 AM | Reply

Amazing. The Marines are now a terrorist organization?

You radical leftists have finally gone off the rail.

#42 | Posted by willowby at 2018-08-10 01:33 AM | Reply

You're full of crap, yav, unless that's a new development.

www.marinecorpstimes.com