Monday, August 06, 2018

According to Wikipedia, Facts of Life star Charlotte Rae, 92, died Sunday in her Los Angeles home: Rae married composer John Strauss on November 4, 1951. In the mid 1970s, he came out as bisexual, and the couple divorced in 1976. Strauss died in 2011 at age 90 following a long battle with Parkinson's disease.The couple had two sons, Larry and Andrew. In 1982, Rae had a pacemaker implanted in her chest. In 2009, due to the frequency of pancreatic cancer in her own family, Rae was screened, diagnosed early, and became cancer-free after six months of chemotherapy. Her mother, an uncle, and her elder sister Beverly all reportedly died from pancreatic cancer. However, in 2017, aged 91, Rae was diagnosed with bone cancer.

Comments

One of the facts of life is still death. Unfortunately, the last fact.

RIP

#1 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-08-06 05:37 PM | Reply

RIP Mrs. Garrett.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-08-06 05:44 PM | Reply

The new headline makes it sound like her name was 92.

#3 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-08-06 05:57 PM | Reply

It was... she was also on "Get Smart".

She played Agent 99's mother... "92"

yea I know.... "missed it by that much"...

#4 | Posted by Pegasus at 2018-08-07 11:18 AM | Reply

#4, I find that hard to believe...

#5 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-08-07 02:45 PM | Reply

I find that hard to believe...

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

#6 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-07 02:48 PM | Reply

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." - #6 | Posted by mad "darth" scientist at 2018-08-07 02:48 PM

#7 | Posted by Hans at 2018-08-07 02:49 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#6, wrong show, Whiz Kid.

#8 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-08-07 04:37 PM | Reply

#6, wrong show, Whiz Kid.
#8 | POSTED BY SENTINEL
-------------------------

Sentinel, henceforth I shall deem you Часовой pronounced /Chasovoy/ in Russian.

Because Russians are notorious for not being able to understand a joke or humor in general.

Must be from all that Vodka they swill.

Your Kommisar is going to be very displeased with your lack of progress.

Perhaps he should station a garrison at your abode to help things along?

#9 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-07 04:47 PM | Reply

Remember when the Whiz Kids had a crossover with Simon and Simon? If you don't shut up MS I'm going to unleash Simon and Simon on your ass and let the Whiz Kids finish you off.

#10 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-08-07 10:09 PM | Reply

Personal threats of violence do not frighten me, Sentinel часовой. In fact, they bolster my case should you escalate your insubordination, insolence and stalking to such a degree whereby action may be taken. And the Judge would be on my side.

Also, you neglected to address me as "Your Grace" and "Sire" or "Sir", again.

Your three strikes are up.

As an example, a poster named RightWingDon threatened to shoot me when I voiced my opinion on a gun thread. He's not around anymore.

So take your bloody-minded trash elsewhere, you opossum eating bearer of ungodly stench.

#11 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-07 10:31 PM | Reply

You really are an embarrassing disappointment MS. You don't deserve that moniker at all.

#12 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-08-07 10:42 PM | Reply