Sunday, August 05, 2018

"I feel I'm ready to return to him for the same reason -- to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times," actor says Star Trek producers revealed Saturday that Patrick Stewart will reprise the role of Star Trek: The Next Generation captain Jean-Luc Picard on the franchise's new series. The actor is also set to serve as executive producer on the series, which will air -- like Star Trek Discovery -- on CBS' video-on-demand service All Access beginning in the fall of 2019. Stewart portrayed the fan-beloved Picard during Star Trek: The Next Generation's original television run from 1987 to 1994; the series' crew also starred in four feature films, with Picard last appearing in 2002's Star Trek: Nemesis.

Comments

ENTRANCE LIKE A BOSS. Such timing, we're so lucky he flavors Picard with his humor.

This obviously seems like an excellent beginning to a real crew of enthusiasts from the producer down.

#1 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-08-05 03:44 PM | Reply

Picard doing battle with the Q Continuum !

#2 | Posted by ajwood at 2018-08-06 12:44 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nobody, but NOBODY could say, "Captain's Log" with more conviction and gusto than Jeah-Luc Piccard.

Little-known fact, the Captain's Ready Room was actually a toilet/urinal/bidet combo.

#3 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-06 07:51 AM | Reply

Oh lovely more StarTrek. Haven't they milked it enough???

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-08-06 07:56 AM | Reply

Haven't they milked it enough???

Evidently, there's still milk in them there teats.

#5 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-06 08:40 AM | Reply

The estimates are at least a $2 billion franchise valuation. Half of what Marvel or Star Wars is worth. There's definitely milk in there.

#6 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-08-06 09:06 AM | Reply

As much as I love TNG, Patrick Stewart is 78. I hope Picard ages well.

#7 | Posted by Pirate at 2018-08-06 09:07 AM | Reply

I'm just waiting for Star Trek: The Experience to make a come back. That was my third favorite thing in Vegas, even though the food was garbage.

#8 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-08-06 09:14 AM | Reply

Can anybody spice this thread up with their favorite scenes from Youtube? Please?

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-06 09:20 AM | Reply

Ask and it shall be given to you, pressed-down, shaken together, and running over into thy bosom.

The best soliloquy in Television history: www.youtube.com

#10 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-06 09:27 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

The Top 5 Deepest Moments in Deep Space 9

#11 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-08-06 09:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Picard was the gentleman, educated warrior, or as close as movies can get to one.

#12 | Posted by boaz at 2018-08-06 10:31 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I remember one episode of STTNG where Picard speaks of having to take Organic Chemistry.

I figured to be a Captain of a starship, you needed to know what N-Bromosuccinimide was. Or that AlCl₃ will rip off ketones and aldehydes from an aliphatic hydrocarbon. And that it's useful in Friedel-Crafts reactions. Also that an IR spectrum of an R-OH group is big and broad stretch around 3550-3200 1/cm at the end of the spectrograph.

#13 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-06 10:40 AM | Reply

#14 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-06 10:40 AM | Reply

#15 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-06 10:40 AM | Reply

Man, what tha ----?! I promise I hit publish once. Stupid --- ----, ------ -------, piece of ----.

#16 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-08-06 10:41 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

I won't be subscribing to CBS's service, so I won't be watching this.
I detest CBS more and more each day now that they've adopted this strategy of pushing things onto their own proprietary, non-integrated, online only "service."

#17 | Posted by YAV at 2018-08-06 10:51 AM | Reply

Love Patrick Stewart and the Picard character. Still not going to shell out for All Access. That's what torrenting is for.

#18 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2018-08-06 10:58 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#9 - Make it so...

www.youtube.com

#19 | Posted by Pirate at 2018-08-06 11:19 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#19 There is no Evil flag, but rest assured, you have definitely leveled.

#20 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-06 01:20 PM | Reply

#13, 14, 15 Posted by madscientist

And they call you mad....

#21 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-08-06 01:23 PM | Reply

I posted this article first

#22 | Posted by Tor at 2018-08-06 03:48 PM | Reply