Monday, July 09, 2018

Tab Hunter, the chiseled 1950s heartthrob who portrayed Joe Hardy in the Damn Yankees! movie, had a No. 1 record and starred in two outlandish films with the drag queen Divine, has died. He was 86. After decades of silence, the leading man confirmed long-standing rumors about his homosexuality in his autobiography, Tab Hunter Confidential: The Making of a Movie Star, published in 2005.

Comments

For everything exists and not
one sigh nor smile nor tear,
one hair nor particle
of dust, not one can pass away.

(William Blake)

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-09 11:34 AM | Reply

If I want the obits I will read the news paper section D.

#2 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-07-09 11:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Question is, when will the obits want you.... and will it be a one worder.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-09 12:12 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#2 I enjoy the diversity here regarding threads since the none stop ugly political ones get boring PDQ. And in this case I did not know who this person was and learned something.

#4 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2018-07-09 05:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

If I want the obits I will read the news paper section D.

Or Gracie's entire blog page.

#5 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-07-09 08:46 PM | Reply

As a three year old, I spotted Tab Hunter on KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh. My heart went thump thump.

#6 | Posted by ajwood at 2018-07-09 08:54 PM | Reply

#5 You should really check my page before making stupid posts that are not true.

#7 | Posted by gracieamazed at 2018-07-09 09:08 PM | Reply

Old homosexuals never die, their clothes just go out of style.

#8 | Posted by kudzu at 2018-07-10 10:04 AM | Reply

Makes me want to watch Polyester again. Earl Fishpaw was a businessman ahead of his time.

#9 | Posted by fishpaw at 2018-07-10 12:16 PM | Reply

Why anyone would want MAGA and to return to the homophobic culture we lived in previous decades boggles my mind. Why Rock Hudson and Tab Hunter needed to live in closets should make all of us ashamed of ourselves. This nation has never been a better place than it is today, MAGA is really to move backwards in time to uglier periods when race, sexual orientation, gender identification and yes, nationality enabled haters to descriminate against you is sick. Recognizing the sickness is part of the cure.

#10 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-11 08:43 AM | Reply