Sunday, July 08, 2018

Irwin M. Stelzer: We have now had several opportunities to see just what the president, practitioner of the art of the deal, can do when given an opportunity to negotiate with other heads of state. Short answer: give away the store.

Comments

Washington waving some meaningless piece of paper that he claims shows just how great a negotiator he really is

Just like Neville Chamberlain did in 1938 after negotiating with Hitler and then naively proclaiming "peace in our time".

What is happening to America's reputation is sickening.

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-07-08 08:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Little rag consisting of neocon corporate globalists that have even a worse case of trump derangement syndrome than the Dems.

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-07-08 08:34 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

You're right about the Weekly Standard being neocon, corporate, and globalist ... and if it you was Obama or Hillary you'd probably say the same thing, right?

So all that said, what about the fact that Trump doesn't know what he's doing when he brown noses with America's enemies and gets nothing in return from them? Aren't you the least bit concerned that Trump is trashing America's reputation?

#3 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-07-08 08:52 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#2 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-0

The little rag is telling the truth. Truth, you remember that?

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-08 09:53 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Just like Neville Chamberlain"

I rise and defend Neville from time to time. Munich was a huge mistake, and made war envitable, but Chamberlain made the mistake of thinking he was dealing with an honorable man in Hitler.

Donald has not such excuse. Who and what Putin and Kim are is well known. What you have been seeing in Trump is his preening, attention-seeking mental illness in play. Or maybe Kim and Putin both have the same thing on him. I wouldn't put it past Putin to share it with others. He and Trump have a lot in common, including a desire to humiliate.

#5 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-08 09:57 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

This Trump Cult of Personality fascinates me. Never has one man, claiming to be the Second Coming, been such an empty vessel. Empty, sad, and destructive.

Hope this trade war burns your ass, NULLI.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-08 09:59 AM | Reply

Chamberlain eventually wised up and supported Churchill against hitler.

I don't see trump learning anything. Ever.

#7 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-07-08 10:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 10

waving some meaningless piece of paper that he claims shows..........
#1 | POSTED BY PINCHALOAF

it reminds me of joe mcCarthy and his lists of known communists in the american government...and remember mcCarthys' chief counsel was trumps' mentor, roy cohn.

#8 | Posted by ABlock at 2018-07-08 11:00 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Finally, I can agree with the weekly standard. Trump is a chump.

#9 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-07-08 11:01 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Nulli is the DR's own Ann Coulter...LOL!

#10 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-07-08 11:14 AM | Reply | Funny: 2

One could tell by the enlarged Adam's Apple, if nothing else.

#11 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-08 01:15 PM | Reply

"I rise and defend Neville from time to time. Munich was a huge mistake, and made war envitable, but Trump made the mistake of thinking he was dealing with an honorable man in Kim Jung Un."

Oh please. Chamberlain should have known, Trump should have known.

#12 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-08 01:16 PM | Reply

And Trump should know that Putin is a liar with no scruples at all. He willfully murders his enemies. But Trump is going to meet with him alone. Very dangerous thing for him to do, risking too much just to try to be a big shot.

#13 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-08 01:18 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Strange times indeed.

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-07-08 01:29 PM | Reply

Strange times indeed.

#14 | POSTED BY FakeLawyer/Joe Dirt

You probably didn't think you'd see the day the Weekly Standard spoke the truth either.

That's how far your favorite political party (the GOnP) has fallen.

#15 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-07-08 01:34 PM | Reply

#14 | Posted by Rightocenter

Well the Weakly Standard are interventionist neocons, corporate globalists and mass-migration advocates. In other words, just like Hillary Rodham.

They even tried to throw the election to Rodham by sponsoring a 3rd party candidate, Evan McChumpy.

#16 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-07-08 01:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Strange times indeed.

#14 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER

Feel free to tout as many articles as you want from Democracy Now!, Rachel Maddow, and Daily Kos ... just saying ~

#17 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-07-08 01:40 PM | Reply

"I never thought I would see the day where the DR Left is touting an article in the Weekly Standard."

I never thought I'd see the day where you'd talk about the topic, instead of deflecting to The Left.
And I still haven't seen that day.
So I was right about that.

#18 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-08 01:42 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

- Well the Weakly Standard are interventionist neocons, corporate globalists and mass-migration advocates.

Just like Republican voter DulliTwoChins.

#19 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-08 01:43 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#18 POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2018-07-08 01:42 PM | REPLY | FLAGGED NEWSWORTHY BY CORKY, NEWSWORTHY BY ANGRYDAD

Aww, looks like The Three Stooges are circling the wagons. How cute.

#20 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-07-08 01:54 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

And I still haven't seen that day.
So I was right about that.

#21 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-08 01:57 PM | Reply

Snoofy, I am more than happy to discuss the actual topic of a thread, but like most others here won't respond to your silly games of assigning positions to posters that they haven't taken, asking questions unrelated to the thread or playing the Corky game of repeatedly cutting and pasting your prior posts.

#22 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-07-08 02:01 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Aww, looks like The Three Stooges are circling the wagons. How cute.

#20 | POSTED BY FakeLawyer/Joe Dirt

Shouldn't you be preparing for your upcoming (Fake) case, since you're a (Fake) Lawyer???
Speaking of the 3 stooges.... Why don't you, ET AL (another Fake Lawyer), and your good friend Nulli, go into your mom's garage and "play Matlock" together.

#23 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-07-08 02:07 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#20 | Posted by Rightocenter

Jesus... you go to the trouble of looking that crap up?

LOL!

Get a life, dude.

#24 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-07-08 02:47 PM | Reply

Get a life, dude.

POSTED BY ANGRYDAD AT 2018-07-08 02:47 PM | REPLY

This IS his life and if we're honest with ourselves our lives too.

#25 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-08 02:49 PM | Reply

- playing the Corky game of repeatedly cutting and pasting your prior posts.

Iteration and constant reiteration conveys an alien thought to a recalcitrant mind. (variation on a quote from Herbert Spencer, whom you can google if you focus)

Of course, were you to ever understand anything beyond rwing "economics" and authoritarian nationalists politics, such efforts to edumacate you might not be necessary, RoGW.

#26 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-08 03:59 PM | Reply

"Snoofy, I am more than happy to discuss the actual topic of a thread, "

You don't seem happy.
Nor do you seem like you're discussing the actual topic of this thread.

Your first post in this thread is about "The DR Left."
So is the second.

Your third and final post is pretty much just about me, though.
You know why? We've been over this... Because what really seems makes you happy is sniffing my jock.

#27 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-08 05:19 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

#2 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN

Hey, tell us again how North Korea is going to denuclearize. I love that story.

#28 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-07-08 07:21 PM | Reply | Funny: 4

But PLEASE Trumptards, remind me again how Trump is Making America Great Again- by humiliation after humiliation, all in 18 short months.

#29 | Posted by e1g1 at 2018-07-08 07:40 PM | Reply

Snoffy, speaking of jock sniffing, -----------------?

I'm not even talking to you and you come in and immediately ------------- so I start ---------- you.

Looks like you enjoy it.

#30 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-07-08 07:52 PM | Reply

Strange times indeed.

I'm so tired of people being obtuse on these threads.

It's not as if lefty Drudgers are suddenly in love with the Weekly Standard or hold them up as some paragon of journalism.

It's the simple fact that a Conservative publication went so far as to say Trump is not only a poor negotiator, but he's a pushover who's harming the US.

And I know you know this.

#31 | Posted by jpw at 2018-07-08 09:16 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 7

"I'm not even talking to you"

If only.

You commented on my post.

Your comment reveals quite plainly your motivation for existence.

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-08 09:24 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Trump is primarily a "deal breaker" but attempts to make opened-ended risky "deals" which clearly do not work to the full advantage of our country.

Trump not only leaves everything on the table but he leaves the entire table in the process.

Donald J. Trump is just some "mobbed-up" rich schmuck from Queens without a clue and delusions on grandeur who will be meeting with his man-love, Vladimir Putin in Finland in complete private.

What could possibly go wrong?

MAGA

#33 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2018-07-09 10:37 AM | Reply

Goes from this:
"never thought I would see the day where the DR Left is touting an article in the Weekly Standard"

To this

"Won't respond to your silly games of assigning positions to posters"

In the same thread, no less

You must be the --------- "litigator", ever

#34 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-07-09 01:07 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#31 | Posted by jpw

ROC is the new goatman...hell, he may even be goatman.

#35 | Posted by Angrydad at 2018-07-09 05:27 PM | Reply

ROC is the new goatman...hell, he may even be goatman.

POSTED BY ANGRYDAD AT 2018-07-09 05:27 PM | REPLY

While ROC/LCL is the drizzling shixxles Goatman was the proverbial tushy prolapse.

#36 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-09 05:37 PM | Reply

ROC is the new goatman...hell, he may even be goatman.
POSTED BY ANGRYDAD AT 2018-07-09 05:27 PM | REPLY
While ROC/LCL is the drizzling shizzles Goatman was the proverbial tushy prolapse.

#37 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-09 05:37 PM | Reply