Sunday, July 08, 2018

Hillary Clinton is up to something. Five times in the last month alone, she sent e-mails touting her super PAC's role in combating President Trump. Most seized on headline events, such as the family-separation issue at the southern border.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

For now, I am convinced Clinton wants to go for it. Doubters should recall the line about pols who get the presidential itch: There are only two cures -- election or death.

Besides, the third time could be the charm.

Comments

Hahahahahahehehehehe OG MY GOD Hehehehehehehe She is a scornful witch. It's not rocket science people. She will run in 2020 and if Democrats nominate her again may the party whither and die on it's own gross arrogance.

#1 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-08 09:04 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Anybody have a clue as to how much a one way ticket to Mars is???

#2 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-08 09:06 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

They say the third times the charm, but I doubt she runs or can be as "successful" as last time. Joe Biden has a better shot at the nomination

#3 | Posted by GOnoles92 at 2018-07-08 09:09 AM | Reply

Hillary will run again in 2020

That has to be the joke of the decade.

#4 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-07-08 09:41 AM | Reply

"Joe Biden has a better shot at the nomination"

I'm sure Republicans would love that. Joe Biden would be a terrible candidate with student loans piling up on so many young people. I would not vote for Joe Biden under any circumstances and I am a proud Democrat

#5 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-08 10:17 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

You would stfu and vote Joe over any Republican.

#6 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-08 10:21 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

--I would not vote for Joe Biden under any circumstances and I am a proud Democrat

Baloney. You will vote for whoever is the nominee.

#7 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-07-08 10:23 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Biden would be destroyed by the #metoo crowd. Plus he's a gaffe machine.

#8 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-07-08 10:27 AM | Reply

Real title of the linked to article:

"Is Hillary Clinton secretly planning to run in 2020?"

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-08 10:36 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Biden would be destroyed by the #metoo crowd. Plus he's a gaffe machine."

His boat probably sailed in '16, but I doubt either of those things would sink him up against Trump. If Democrats can't get their ---- together and get over their #metoo and #fuyoo movements by 2020, then we're pretty much doomed no matter who they nominate.

#10 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-07-08 10:56 AM | Reply

Real original title:

"Is the Female Dotard secretly planning to run in 2020?"

#11 | Posted by sentinel at 2018-07-08 10:57 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"If Democrats can't get their ---- together and get over their #metoo and #fuyoo movements by 2020, then we're pretty much doomed no matter who they nominate."

As opposed to Trump, who is doubling down on his opposition to the #metoo movement by his recent appointment:

Bill Shine: Why Did New White House Communications Deputy Leave Fox News?

Shine resigned from his co-president role last year after being accused of covering up sexual harassment allegations involving staffers at the network going back decades, CNN reported. Shine was never personally accused of harassment, but multiple women accused him of defending the men who were.

After several women accused former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes of sexual harassment in 2016, Shine was named in at least four of the allegations or lawsuits and accused of covering Ailes's tracks. Later that year, Ailes resigned, and Shine was promoted to co-president. (Ailes died in 2017.) Shine has maintained his innocence and denied any wrongdoing throughout the allegations.

www.newsweek.com

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-08 11:10 AM | Reply

-I'm sure Republicans would love that.

I think the GOP would prefer Hillary.

I hope this isn't true.

I'd take Biden, Warren, and many other Dems over Hillary.

#13 | Posted by eberly at 2018-07-08 11:17 AM | Reply

Exactly. What a lie. There is no way she wouldn't vote for Biden.

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2018-07-08 11:19 AM | Reply

Perhaps she meant she wouldn't vote for him in the primary, and I believe her. If it came down to a choice between Biden and Trump in the general, I think it likely she would vote for Biden. A lot of people would.

#15 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-08 11:52 AM | Reply

PS I don't believe it is going to be Biden, Clinton or Warren. I believe it is going to be Bernie or one of the younger generation who ends up running.

#16 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-08 11:56 AM | Reply

Oh please, please, *please* let this be true! Were shrillary to somehow get the nomination to only be BTFO by Trump yet again it would be the end of the democratic party as we know it.

#17 | Posted by drpierce at 2018-07-08 12:09 PM | Reply

Not to mention the shock of losing another election like that again would probably be sufficient to finally kill this piece of filth. Assuming the kuru doesn't catch up with xir before that.

#18 | Posted by drpierce at 2018-07-08 12:10 PM | Reply

What a headline FAIL. Even the trashy NY Post didn't make that claim.

The idea that all Dem orgs are doing whatever they can to counter Trump seems foreign to his thoroughly lame lemmings.

#19 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-08 12:21 PM | Reply

It wouldn't matter anyway. Putin controls Pokemon Go. That's power.

#20 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-08 12:24 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#5 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2018-07-08 10:17 AM | FLAG:

#21 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-08 12:41 PM | Reply

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday

WTF is your point?

#22 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-07-08 12:43 PM | Reply

"WTF is your point?"

My point is the Boaz stated as fact what the article raised as a question.

#23 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-08 12:46 PM | Reply

My point is the one that Corky made more forcefully:

"What a headline FAIL. Even the trashy NY Post didn't make that claim."

#24 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-08 12:53 PM | Reply

FTA: "Hillary Clinton is up to something."

This bears looking into. I've never heard an accusation like that before aimed at Hillary. I'll have to read the rest of it now.

#25 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-08 01:07 PM | Reply

Well, the article was so stupid it lost it's entertainment value. I mean, how old is Hillary? I'd check, but I could probably just guess something like 65 million years and probably be in the ball-park. So I don't see it happening.

#26 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-08 01:24 PM | Reply

I mean, how old is Hillary?

She's younger than the orange child-raping dotard. I wonder if BLOTUS could stay within 3 million votes of her if she decides to run again.

#27 | Posted by Reinheitsgebot at 2018-07-08 01:33 PM | Reply

#27 Have you seen what Hillary looks like now? Now way is she younger than the orange diaper-sniper. I swear, if you threw a bucket of water on her she would melt. And I don't think that's actually a Halloween costume she wears.

#28 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-08 01:48 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Also, Hillary has The Voice. Remember when she screeched "Get out of the kitchen, it will be ready when it's ready!", and everybody did? I wasn't because of her charisma. And a lot of people will tell you the exact same thing. I don't know how someone that speaks like that can win an elected office. Can you image listening to her talk for two hours in a rally? Most people would kill themselves, using the most expedient method available. Jesus.

#29 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-08 02:03 PM | Reply

Gov. John Hickenlooper looks like a good Dem candidate for ‘20. At 66, he's practically a spring chicken compared to HRD, Uncle Joe, and Bernie. AND he seems like a gentleman, which is refreshing in the current political climate.

#30 | Posted by Karabekian at 2018-07-08 02:07 PM | Reply

"I don't know how someone that speaks like that can win an elected office. Can you image listening to her talk for two hours in a rally."

The same can be said of Trump. The only people who can listen to him for an extended period of time are folks with a high tolerance for listening to abusive, narcissistic, lying, racist white men.

#31 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-08 02:09 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

#31 I wouldn't know. I cut the cord a long time ago ($187 a month, and I used it like 30 mins a week. I used to fall asleep with C-SPAN on though. That was nice. And sometimes you saw something really informative.)

#32 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-08 02:16 PM | Reply

"The public sniping at women's voices reflects a deeper cultural anxiety about whether they have a right to speak at all. Classicist Mary Beard points out that this anxiety is historic, written into our cultural DNA. She writes,

"Public speaking and oratory were not merely things that ancient women didn't do: they were exclusive practices and skills that defined masculinity as a gender ... the tone and timbre of women's speech always threatened to subvert not just the voice of the male orator, but also the social and political stability, the health, of the whole state."

This is our cultural inheritance, and its patterns play out on Twitter and the floor of the House of Representatives alike: "Women, even when they are not silenced, still have to pay a very high price for being heard."

www.thecut.com

#33 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-08 04:08 PM | Reply

#33 Elizabeth Warren doesn't sound like that. Try again.

#34 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-08 05:09 PM | Reply

So.... I guess you and your Dear Leader have to settle for using "Pocahontas" as an insult to her... and in doing so making a Native American name an insult.

#35 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-08 05:31 PM | Reply

I hope she does get the nomination, she will take the Democrat Party into the woods, and cut it's heart out. It would insure Trump a second term if the Republican establishment allow him to run.

#36 | Posted by LittleJake at 2018-07-08 05:57 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Despite all the hand wringing in here, I believe this article means Hillary plans to remain active in the Democratic Party despite her loss in 2016.

I'm sure she won't run again.

#37 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-07-08 07:40 PM | Reply

#5 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-08 10:17 AM | Reply | Flag:.

Thats how I felt about hillary the funny thing is even though I think Biden would be a horrible President,
I could hold my nose and vote for him though I pray I wont have too, I also hope the Dems will recognize that the neo-liberal small government regulation cutting pro-corporate path that it has been on in the past few decades is has been destroying the nation and the Dem party, I hope the Dems will actually elect a real liberal

#38 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-07-08 11:40 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"I hope the Dems will actually elect a real liberal"

Me too, Biden isn't one though. He has always been owned and operated by banks, Delaware is a favorite state for corporate offices of credit cards because they have very few regulations on how they must operate. I'd rather cast my ballot for Pocahontas and I think she should rub Trump's nose in the dirt by allowing herself to be referred to that way. Much like Obama wasn't hurt by "Obamacare." Only the real idiots who would never have supported him anyway thought it was an insult.

#39 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-09 08:29 AM | Reply

"You can always tell a closet misogynist by they way they whine about women's voices... which is kinda ironic, the whining, I mean."

I only question why you inserted the word "closet"?

#40 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-09 08:31 AM | Reply

"Also, Hillary has The Voice. Remember when she screeched "Get out of the kitchen, it will be ready when it's ready!", and everybody did?"

Helium is not a closet misogynist. There is nothing closeted about him. He just openly hates women who think they should be allowed to seek power.

#41 | Posted by danni at 2018-07-09 08:33 AM | Reply

"I would not vote for Joe Biden under any circumstances and I am a proud Democrat

#5 | POSTED BY DANNI AT 2018-07-08 10:17 AM | FLAG:

Then you have the utter gall to condemn me for not voting for Hillary. You hypocritical louse. - LAURA"

She attacked me for voting 3rd party in the last POTUS election.

#42 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2018-07-09 08:55 AM | Reply

She attacked every 3rd party voter, repeatedly.

#43 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-09 05:12 PM | Reply

Hillary / Waters

Or

Hillary / Pelosi

#44 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2018-07-09 05:21 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY AUNTIESOCIAL AT 2018-07-09 05:21 PM | REPLY | FLAGGED NEWSWORTHY BY NULLIFIDIAN

SO... now you can't tell Dulli from the worst of the batshat crazy rwingers with him flagging Avigdorable this morning, and now AuntiLucid.

But we're to blame for that, don't 'cha know.

#45 | Posted by Corky at 2018-07-09 05:48 PM | Reply

After putting some thought into it, I think Hillary will and she's likely to get the nomination.

She and Biden are the only ones who have really great name recognition, but Biden's creepiness will haunt him in the #metoo era.

Hillary has had a fundraising structure in place for 30 years and would have a huge advantage over any other candidate.

There are likely to be several people running for the nominee which would split their votes many ways while maintaining a hard core of Hillary supporters leading to early primary victories.

Many Democrats will be highly motivated to vote for her again since they believe Trump only got elected due to Russian interference.

All that being said, the most likely way for Hillary to NOT get the nomination is for 1. the DEM field to be very small and primary voters quickly coalesce around a single opponent or
2. Hillary has health issues.

Option #1 is what happened in 2008 so it can certainly happen again.

#46 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2018-07-10 09:31 AM | Reply