Saturday, July 07, 2018

Sen. Elizabeth Warren ripped President Donald Trump on Twitter after he insulted her at a campaign rally in Montana ... On Thursday, Trump repeated his use of "Pocahontas," a slur that he has used to demean Warren's claiming Native American heritage. ... "Pocahontas, they always want me to apologize for saying it," Trump said. "Pocahontas, I apologize to you, to you I'll apologize. To the fake Pocahontas I won't." ... Trump also pledged he would give $1 million to a charity of Warren's choice if she took a DNA test.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

In response, Warren tweeted that while "you obsess over my genes," to discuss the Trump administration's family separation policy at the U.S.-Mexico Border.

Warren said Trump's administration was using DNA tests on children at the U.S.-Mexico border "because you ripped them from their mamas & you are too incompetent to reunite them in time to meet a court order."

"Maybe you should focus on fixing the lives you're destroying," she tweeted.

Comments

My headline should actually be "Warren lamely responds to Trump's bullying".

I like what Elizabeth Warren has to say, and if she were to run for POTUS I would happily vote for her in a primary and in a general election. That said, this is why Democrats mostly always lose the messaging battle against Republicans.

Instead of arguing whether or not ‘Pocahontas' is a slur, Warren needs to say she'll take the DNA test after Trump releases his tax returns, period – and then repeat it each time Trump does his dopey routine.

And Warren can then turn up the heat on Trump by adding that if Trump's tax returns don't show any Russian conflict of interests, Warren will donate $1 million to a veteran's charity of Trump's choice.

And if actually did all play out, regardless of the outcomes, Warren still has the "family lore" card to play if needed.

Warren has a message that can easily get working class white voters, but these same voters will tune her out over arguing whether or not ‘Pocahontas' is a slur ... instead of debating Trump, Warren needs to fight back.

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-07-07 11:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

As for Cher's 'Halfbreed' video, here's the best you-tube comment ...

bob bobo
2 years ago

The Horse is like, Yo CHER'S VAGINA IS ON MY BACK...they aint gonna believe this back at the stable, no way.

LOL

#2 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-07-07 11:14 AM | Reply

Damn, that deflection about dna tests for border jumpers sure put Trump in his place.

WTF does CHER have to do with lizz lying to get special treatment at the university? Tell me pinchie.

#3 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-07-07 04:04 PM | Reply

"lizz lying to get special treatment at the university"

Sniper, since you love this lie so much, why don't you marry it?

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-07 04:09 PM | Reply

#3 | POSTED BY SNIPER

Doofus, I don't care about identity politics.

I care about not having moronic incompetent douchebags as POTUS.

That said, if I have to choose between an Orange Orangutan and Cher's horse, I'll take Cher's horse everytime.

#5 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-07-07 04:46 PM | Reply

"Warren will donate $1 million to a veteran's charity of Trump's choice."

Um, I don't think Native Americans are that rich.

But yeah, I would vite for her too. Her heart is in the right place. Sure, she bought into some old family legend her parents told her, but that happened to me, too. My grandfather didn't actually invent the Influence Device Machine back around 1919, like I was told. Certain facts don't fit that narrative.

Anyway, I found two heredity sites on the web that are free that trace her ancestry back to 1800. I did that back when this thing became an issue, just out of curiosity. It shouldn't be that hard for you to do that too.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-07 10:06 PM | Reply

Rat, Go ahead and try both sites yourself. Any bets they will both say the same thing?

Color me doubtful.

#7 | Posted by oldwhiskeysour at 2018-07-08 10:11 AM | Reply

Looks like Warren's DNA sample is about as elusive as Donald Trump's tax returns.

#9 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-07-09 08:04 AM | Reply

"Warren will donate $1 million to a veteran's charity of Trump's choice."
Um, I don't think Native Americans are that rich.

That's how to be a proper stupid racist.

#10 | Posted by 726 at 2018-07-10 07:39 AM | Reply