Saturday, July 07, 2018

Jorge Ramirez, an Oceanside minister and immigrant in the country illegally, didn't think he would end up in line for deportation when he encouraged his daughter, a U.S. citizen, to vote for Donald Trump.

Comments

In line with his conservative religious beliefs, Ramirez considers himself a Republican, he said in an interview at Otay Mesa Detention Center, where he is awaiting deportation proceedings.
And...
"To think that undeserving people are coming here makes me sad," Ramirez said.
The irony is just out-of-control here!

#1 | Posted by Hans at 2018-07-07 11:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

I generally don't like Nazi comparisons but I think there were a couple of cases where low ranking Nazis were found to be part Jewish and ended up in camps.

I pray the irony isn't lost on this aguado mexicano.

#2 | Posted by Tor at 2018-07-07 01:45 PM | Reply

Too bad. Not sad.

Trump supporters. They're adults who know a stove is hot but touch it anyway. Idiots.

#3 | Posted by jpw at 2018-07-07 02:09 PM | Reply

illegal immigrants are undeserving and should be kicked out, except me because jesus.

#4 | Posted by bored at 2018-07-07 02:19 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Seemly every clergyman is in agreement that Jesus wouldn't approve of what Trump is doing to immigrants.

And then there's this moron.....

#5 | Posted by Tor at 2018-07-07 02:33 PM | Reply

#4 It's okay not to capitalize jesus. Just don't misspell Cthulhu.

#6 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-07 04:45 PM | Reply

#6 Ever tried the Cthulhu role playing game? It is well made with lots of historical detail and more fun than DnD.

#7 | Posted by bored at 2018-07-07 06:14 PM | Reply

#7 Oh yes. Only a few times, but the Keeper was awesome. I could tell you stories....

I always played a detective, Sam Spade. And I played him to the hilt, as stereo typical as I could. Somebody asked me why I collecting evidence once, and I said "I'm a dick, see? It's what I do".

There was this scene when we where fighting a star vampire in Norway, and it was following us in my hot-rod. And we to this bridge over this huge chasm. So I punched a hole in my gastank and drove across the bridge. And when I got to the other side, I stepped out, and calmly tossed my zippo onto the trail of fuel. Note that star vampires are invisible unless you shine light on them, and it was nighttime, so I didn't take any sanity damage from that.

I did loose SAN the first first time it showed up. I saw these trees levitating from the forest and exploding in mid-air as it headed through the forest at high speed straight towards us. That's where one of the players the "best death" award for screaming "come and get you bastard", then cutting himself with a knife. He was an Australian reporter. Best field reporter death evar.

When it first got to the evil creepy Lookout Hotel type place we where staying at, and I saw the levitating exploding trees, I got into my hot-rod and grabbed my Thompson 45, ready for a real fight. Then it picked up my car. So I stupidly turned my lights on to see what it was I was actually fighting.

Pro note: in Call of Cthulhu, you do not actually want to see what you are fighting, because even the worlds best psychiatrists can never make you come to grips with that.

There are plenty of other scenes, too. That was the game where I learned you make napalm from 1ate 1920's common kitchen supplies.

#8 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-07 06:58 PM | Reply

Oh, and there where a few really awesome scenes when I played the Masks of Nyrlathotep Campaign. We where already seases investigators by then, and we where working for an occult secret society. And we got tipped off to five different possible occult scenraious in England. And one of them hosestly looked like an ordinary werewolf attack. My attitude was "Okay, that sounds like a vacation compared to what we are used to. Let's look into that". What I didn't know was that in the campaign source book, it actually tells the Keeper that some players may react that way. And of course, it turns out that werewolves are more dangerous than most people give them credit for. And since this happened early on in the campaign, and for some reason I kept surviving, I had to be very careful about the phase of the moon from then on.

#9 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-07 07:21 PM | Reply

Also, there was this once scene where we where in an Egyptologists office at Oxford, and we started to get... really suspicious of the guy. And then he says something innocuous and whips out a book and starts reading from it. Now, at this point, we all know dangerous books can be, so one of the players tries to rip it out of his hands. And this evil demonic arm comes out of the book and starts to strangle him. So I grabbed the book and tried to pull it away from from, but the arm just got longer and longer, no matter how much I backpedaled. I ended up having to use an axe.

And that's an important lesson right there folks. Always carry an axe.

#10 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-07 07:27 PM | Reply

You'll have to excuse me, I have to put some flowers on my English teachers grave. For the rest of my life, I will always regret that day....

#11 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-07-07 07:45 PM | Reply

I'd like to ask the minister what he thinks of this:

Alice Ollstein @AliceOllstein

The Trump admin just told a federal judge that 19 parents of children under 5 years old have already been deported. They are arguing that they shouldn't have to reunite them with their kids. @ACLU is pushing back.

Trump admin is also saying that they have not been able to find the parents of 16 children under 5 years old that were separated by DHS.

Constantine Singer @ajaxsinger

Replying to @AliceOllstein
They claim that they only have 100 children under 5. 19 families deported and 16 families unable to locate.

35/100 families cannot be reunified without extraordinary measures.

35% of children under 5 cannot be returned to families.

I feel sick.
twitter.com

#12 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-07 10:18 PM | Reply

@ GAL_TUESDAY

Self haters are always pathetic.

Doesn't matter if it's this clown or rachel dolezal or Ben Carson they're all crazy.

#13 | Posted by Tor at 2018-07-07 11:03 PM | Reply

Roughly 40% of this country supports this evil, morally vacuous nonsense. Oddly enough, it's the same proportion of the electorate that can't stop blathering on about how moral and righteous they are.

---- posers.

#14 | Posted by jpw at 2018-07-07 11:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

He was a useful idiot and served his purpose. Bye bye.

#15 | Posted by fresno500 at 2018-07-09 01:14 PM | Reply

One less MS-13 gang member to worry about.

#16 | Posted by Derek_Wildstar at 2018-07-09 01:59 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

#12 | POSTED BY GAL_TUESDAY

Some posters thinks it's way to egregious to have the DOJ work over the weekend to fix this and comply with a Court Order.

#17 | Posted by YAV at 2018-07-09 02:11 PM | Reply

He said he supports the Republican agenda on fiscal and social issues and that he still supports President Trump.

He is being deported by those social issues policies yet he still supports them?

He obviously failed the stupid test.

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out buddy.

One less ignorant Deplorable in America mucking it all up.

#18 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-07-09 06:34 PM | Reply