Saturday, July 07, 2018

Milwaukee Police are looking for a man who walked into the kitchen and punched a worker in the face at the George Webb restaurant near South 21st and Mitchell Streets.

Comments

This is why we have concealed carry.

#1 | Posted by boaz at 2018-07-07 10:36 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

Fear is why we have concealed carry.

#2 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-07 11:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 in AZ its kinda a culture thing. You can wear it on your hip or hide it with your special holster or slide it up your butt. Doesn't mean they are looking for trouble.

As far as carrying a weapon, mostly no, but I have and do on occasion and it doesn't have anything to do with a Dirty Harry movie I may have watched .

It's a tool.
Doug Marcada could kill you with the finger nail on his left pinkie

#3 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-07-07 11:48 AM | Reply

Culture of fear is still culture.

#4 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-07 12:04 PM | Reply

Snoofy, if it's none of my business that's cool but where do you live?

#5 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-07-07 12:30 PM | Reply

San Diego.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-07 12:36 PM | Reply

#6 wow, I'd of never guessed interested in putting up a Zonie for a couple of months😉

Seriously though for those who carry it's part of getting dressed. Nobody really thinks they'll be a hero or such.

Even when I go camping I rarely bring a gun. Carry a Saudi Pilots Licence on my belt but with my gout it's a joke..

#7 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-07-07 12:54 PM | Reply

I'm not really in a position to put someone up for a couple of months. but I might be in a couple of months.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-07 01:34 PM | Reply

Culture of fear is still culture.

Yea Snoofy,

Those women had no reason to fear that guy, did they?

#9 | Posted by boaz at 2018-07-08 12:18 AM | Reply

Those women had no reason to fear that guy, did they?

What does fear have to do with it? He was the strong male and they are supposed to submit.

It's the natural way of things. It's in the genes.

#10 | Posted by REDIAL at 2018-07-08 12:28 AM | Reply

Boaz,

Tell me all about the guys you fear.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-08 01:59 AM | Reply

I'm guessing criminals like the guy in the article, or the guy to tried to steal a car with kids in it.

#12 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2018-07-08 08:40 AM | Reply

Tell me all about the guys you fear.

#11 | Posted by snoofy

Liberals destroying our country. Like you.

#13 | Posted by boaz at 2018-07-08 09:55 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Boaz is afraid of me.

That's funny.

Why are you so afraid of me?

And, how is it I'm destroying our country?

#14 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-08 11:43 PM | Reply

Snoofy, I had a relative get killed by a punk who raped and strangled her. Then threw her in a dumpster where she was found the next day. Do you a gun could have possibly helped her? I think it might have. Just because you live in some fantasy land where bad guys don't exist the rest of us know that bad guys exist.

#15 | Posted by byrdman at 2018-07-09 12:10 AM | Reply

That sucks.

"Do you a gun could have possibly helped her? "

A gun could have possibly helped her no more and less than it could possibly have help the murderer.

Guns don't fix an immoral society. They only make it more deadly.

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-07-09 12:43 AM | Reply

#16 | Posted by snoofy No, in reality the appearance of a firearm will generally dissuade an attacker. That happens about a million times a year. But firearms are like anything else. They are not magic, you have to know how to use one. Pulling a gun after an attacker has his hands on you is not the right time to use one. Law abiding people are not the source of violence. I remember an old guy who had a little convenience store in the neighborhood. He open carried an old .45 for years. After he died I got his pistol from his wife to "look at". The thing was not loaded and was so rusty it took hours to clean, it was literally froze together. He was never robbed. Criminals are predators, they always look for the weak to attack. Face it, mortality is learned, some never learn it.

#17 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-09 08:20 AM | Reply

You are right DOCJO. Guns are used all the time to stop crimes or deter crimes but that's not what gets reported just like tens of thousands of daily safe airliner landings don't get reported. It's just the nature of reporting.

#18 | Posted by jamesgelliott at 2018-07-09 08:35 AM | Reply