Sunday, July 01, 2018

Selene San Felice: I watched John McNamara die. I had to step over Wendi Winters to escape. I said "f---" on CNN. If you're upset about the expletive and not that someone killed almost every editor at The Capital -- five people who were deeply loved and irreplaceable -- you are not an American. If your help ends at thoughts and prayers, I don't want them. What I want is action.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Trump said he would never leave our sides in that press event, but I never felt him on my side in the first place. I want to know what he's going to do to fix this.

Stop brushing this off. Stop saying you're going to pray for me. Pray for me, and then pass legislation that stops the mass murder of Americans. Pray for me, then vote for people who are serious about making a change. That starts with the general election in November.

One day, you may find yourself under a desk watching people die while you're on hold with 911.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Comments

Mass shootings aren't a lightening strike or a random landslide but entirely the product of humans.

Politicians offering nothing but thoughts and prayers to such events deserve scorn.

#1 | Posted by Tor at 2018-07-01 08:34 PM | Reply

You're never going to get more than thoughts and prayers. Our current leaders don't care.
Sorry to break it to you.

#2 | Posted by woe_is_W at 2018-07-01 09:32 PM | Reply

He probably needs a therapist.

Expressing his trama out in the open and expecting everyone to participate in his healing is setting him up for failure to cope.

But people around him are going to play him for political purposes.

#3 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-01 10:27 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"He probably needs a therapist.
But people around him are going to play him for political purposes."

Oh, you mean like these families probably need a therapist, are setting themselves up for failure to cope and were used by those around them for political purposes?:

Trump autographs photos of people killed by immigrants for 'Angel Families' Event

thehill.com

#4 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-01 10:37 PM | Reply

I was listening to NPR recently about how the Germans were out at the World Cup.

One man speaking said he thinks what caused it was Trump tweeting about Germany.

Is everything tied to Trump?

#6 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-02 07:04 AM | Reply

"Gal,
You have it bad.
Does everything remind you of Trump?
Maybe you need a therapist."

LOL Do you have to have the last word, even if it's lame? Maybe you need a therapist! ;-)

#7 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-02 07:07 AM | Reply

He probably needs a therapist.

#3 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-01 10:27 PMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

Are you telling us that you know what it's like to be hiding under a desk at work while your coworkers are being murdered in front of you?

I cant tell you what I'd say if I'd been through that but I think someone exposed to that type of trauma should be able to say whatever they want.

#8 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-07-02 07:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#6 PS I have it bad? You're the one who has a ------ for everything Trump.

#9 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-02 07:45 AM | Reply

Lft,

Of course I don't but I'm pretty sure he needs bona-fide professionals to talk to and not creeps licking their lips wanting details or people making money off of playing with his emotions.

Seems to me that should be common sense.

Over the years I have been surprised many times by the questions I've seen people get asked.

And then the eventual guilt of enjoying the attention from being on TV and being interviewed coming at such a cost some people are bound to experience.

I hope I never have first hand experience.

#11 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-02 09:21 AM | Reply

He probably needs a therapist.

If you read the link, you would see that "he" is a she. Selene San Felice probably doesn't need your advice on how to deal with reporters, since she is one.

Calling journalists "creeps" when a newsroom has just been shot up is remarkably bad timing.

If you don't like reporters, don't read their work. Be less informed. There is no longer a penalty for being stupid in this country. An uninformed person can rise all the way to president.

#12 | Posted by rcade at 2018-07-02 09:30 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 6

That is 100% pure gold.

#13 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-07-02 09:42 AM | Reply

Rcade,

If you read the post you will see I was talking about the different interviews I have seen the years on TV. Not just this one.

He..she...that's not the point.

And yes...some reporters ask creepy questions.

"how did you feel when you saw....?"

If you don't get what I'm saying that doesn't speak well of you.

#14 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-02 09:50 AM | Reply

Back to my original point.

#15 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-02 09:55 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Do not play on my emotions trying to gain political support.

Especially over something so tragic where everyone feels vulnerable.

#16 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-02 09:58 AM | Reply

And trying to shame people is twisted.

"if you don't support all my views on gun control then you don't care about these people who died"

That is sick thinking.

#17 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-02 10:02 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Especially over something so tragic where everyone feels vulnerable.

Yeah, yeah, it's never the right time to talk about this. We have to wait until there hasn't been a mass shooting in a month or two before we can even think about preventing them.

Of course, there's never a month or two without another one in America.

If you don't get what I'm saying that doesn't speak well of you.

I understand that you're bashing reporters instead of considering what this reporter has to say about stopping these mass shootings.

There were 11 people in the newsroom when the Second Amendment fan walked in. Five died and two others were wounded.

Maybe we should care about what the survivors have to say more than we care about the opinions of the NRA death cult and all the other sick freaks who worship at that blood-soaked altar.

#18 | Posted by rcade at 2018-07-02 10:07 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Bill the victim.
Sad!

#19 | Posted by YAV at 2018-07-02 10:08 AM | Reply

He probably needs a therapist.
#3 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-07-01 10:27 PMFlag:

WOW What a know nothing imbecile

#20 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-02 10:10 AM | Reply

Don't play on your entions? So, BILL, what exactly are you feeling?

#21 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-02 10:14 AM | Reply

"Back to my original point.
My views about gun control do not change when I hear first hand stories and trying to shame me with first hand stories is invasive and manipulative."

If that was your original point, then why did you mock me for pointing out an example of Trump trying that very same tactic with regard to illegal immigration?

#22 | Posted by Gal_Tuesday at 2018-07-02 10:15 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

You feel shame? I'm curious. One my simpler theories about Trump supporters is they're immune to shame. I think that flows from a lack of personal pride.

#23 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-02 10:16 AM | Reply

when the Second Amendment fan walked in.

Not all people who cherish the 2nd are murderers like the man who killed these people.

why the broad brush? Sort of the same thing when I broad brush all Muslims, right?

#24 | Posted by boaz at 2018-07-02 10:24 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

True. Some are just enablers of murderers.

Why don't you just marry the Second Amendment if you love it so much?

#25 | Posted by rcade at 2018-07-02 10:31 AM | Reply

guess you are right. Just like those muslims, not all are bombers, but the rest are "enablers" of murderers too.

#26 | POSTED BY Comrade BOAZO

You claim you are not a racist, but then prove you are with every post but are too stupid to realize it. Good gawd you are stupid Cletus!

#27 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-07-02 11:28 AM | Reply

Someone's getting ready for exile...

#28 | Posted by lfthndthrds at 2018-07-02 01:34 PM | Reply

Guys like this nut are the reason I got my CCW. I don't ever want to be in a situation where all I can do is hope I don't get found as I hide from a gun man. I at least want to go down swinging. Thankfully I live in a state where the gun laws favor those that wish to have a firearm on them at all times.

#29 | Posted by byrdman at 2018-07-02 03:39 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

POSTED BY BYRDMAN AT 2018-07-02 03:39 PM | REPLY

Which state is that????

#30 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-02 03:41 PM | Reply

PA

#31 | Posted by byrdman at 2018-07-02 03:43 PM | Reply

Why don't you just marry the Second Amendment if you love it so much?

#25 | POSTED BY RCADE AT 2018-07-02 10:31 AM | FLAG:

Because it's much more manlier than he is. He just can't handle it.

#32 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-07-02 03:43 PM | Reply

All these thoughts and prayers in this thread, and the only offer to actually buy the guy a gun was deleted.

#33 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 07:42 AM | Reply

Buying the man a gun is no consolation and little help.

Guns are an ambiguous resource. Sometimes they help, sometimes they hinder.

The best thing for these reporters now is to find the nutcase Trunpers threatening their lives and get them and their guns away from civilized society.

#34 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 08:01 AM | Reply

Buying the man a gun is no consolation and little help.

#34 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2018-07-03 08:01 AM | REPLY

Unless somebody else tries to shoot him, then he has the option of shooting back. He lacked that previously, it did not work out well. The ghetto term is literally "caught lackin'", or "don't lack". They figured it out, yet these highly educated people can't. Sad.

#35 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 08:19 AM | Reply

Simplistic. Not a valid reflection on reality.

It's rarely a straight forward case of good guy versus bad guy. Best option was to run and hide which undoubtedly most armed civilians do.

#36 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 08:28 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

You want people to stand their ground and cooly take out an assailant while also becoming the most salient Target in the room, someone's going to have to apply many more resources to training.

#37 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 08:31 AM | Reply

I want these feral Trumpers theatening death caught and punished. That will do as much to stop these ambushes as anything.

#38 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 08:33 AM | Reply

#37 not to mention that if you're black, holding anything that even resembles a gun (including a cell phone) is enough to get you murdered by the police. Sitz's call to arms must only be for white people.

#39 | Posted by JOE at 2018-07-03 08:34 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

I'd be worried about having a good tan.

#40 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 08:36 AM | Reply

Best option was to run and hide which undoubtedly most armed civilians do.

#36 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2018-07-03 08:28 AM | REPLY

Run, fight, or hide. Choose to be disarmed, then you've got 2 options, and 5 people that very briefly wished they had chosen to be armed.

#41 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 08:43 AM | Reply

#39 | POSTED BY JOE AT 2018-07-03 08:34 AM | FLAG:

That's moderately funny. All calls for aggressive gun control will just accelerate the number of black people being shot.

#42 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 08:44 AM | Reply

Having a gun gives you an additional option. My argument is to effecteness, and willingness.

#43 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 08:46 AM | Reply

That makes no sense, but neither do most of your posts, so whatever.

#44 | Posted by JOE at 2018-07-03 08:47 AM | Reply

@42

#45 | Posted by JOE at 2018-07-03 08:48 AM | Reply

The track record of taking on somebody that has a gun, without using one, is very, very poor. Having a gun to shoot back is vastly more effective. If you are not willing, that's fine, be a target and take one for the team.

#46 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 08:48 AM | Reply

#46 Arm all the mentally stable, highly trained people you want, with recurring annual mental stability and training tests. Surely you don't think unstable people with no training should be acquiring weapons? Until you're willing to agree to that, i'm inclined to ban all guns.

#47 | Posted by JOE at 2018-07-03 08:58 AM | Reply

You want to ban all guns, but are seemingly upset police are shooting black people for thinking they have a gun... gee, I wonder where this police would effect the most.. maybe high crime areas that are low income and predominately black? What could possibly go wrong?

Texas CHL standards are pretty decent, and their amount of violent crime committed per capita extremely low. It would suffice for a national concealed carry standard. If you are in a profession like journalism where there's an actual wikipedia entry tracking their assassinations just in America, you should probably get a CHL.

#48 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 09:07 AM | Reply

I don't see the disconnect with respect to your first paragraph. Flesh out your position in english.

Unless Texas requires regular annual psychological exams and recurring annual firearms training, its policy isn't good enough. The "militia" contemplated under the Second Amendment is either "well regulated" or it isn't.

#49 | Posted by JOE at 2018-07-03 09:19 AM | Reply

its policy isn't good enough.

#49 | POSTED BY JOE AT 2018-07-03 09:19 AM | REPLY

You mean without sarcasm, and unfortunately I can not do that.

Considering the extremely low rate of crime from permit holders, it's reasonable to say it's good enough. Most states concealed carry laws are not this well executed and backed with mandated data gathering.

#50 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 09:25 AM | Reply

There is no duty for a CCL holder to use his gun to protect anyone, am I correct?

#51 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 09:32 AM | Reply

Considering the extremely low rate of crime from permit holders

So how do we address the actual topic of the article - people who are obviously mentally ill legally purchasing firearms? Or are you going to keep deflecting to some other state's crime rate among CHL holders?

#52 | Posted by JOE at 2018-07-03 09:37 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

#51 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 09:32 AM | Reply

#53 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 09:38 AM | Reply

#52 | POSTED BY JOE AT 2018-07-03 09:37 AM | REPLY

The author wanted more than thoughts & prayers. I'm offering to help with that, just in a way that's not popular on this site.

He had 1 misdemeanor conviction. There is probably common ground to be found in making stalking a felony.

#54 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 09:55 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#53 | Posted by Zed, Would you bet your life they will not? Criminals do not fear the police, jail or prison, but the do fear an armed individual they marked as a victim. Criminals are predators, they look for the weak, slow, old and sick to attack, just as predators do in nature. A firearm changes the dynamics of force. The most heavily armed city in the country, maybe the world, is Plano Texas, it has a lower crime rate than Belgium. About 5% of Chicago's. Maybe the wrong people have guns in Chicago. Self defense is a fundamental human right. I am sure that the staff of that rag was unarmed at the time of this attack. I would not believe that that is the case now.

#55 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 10:00 AM | Reply

"A firearm changes the dynamics of force."

It also markedly increases the chances you or a loved one will be killed by that firearm, which is statistically more likely to happen than thwarting a crime.

#56 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-07-03 10:08 AM | Reply

I am sure that the staff of that rag

#55 | Posted by docnjo at 2018

Why do you call it a rag.

#57 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 10:24 AM | Reply

Maybe the wrong people have guns in Chicago.

#55 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 10:00 AMFlag: (Choose)FunnyNewsworthyOffensiveAbusive

I think you're stumbling into the limitations of your point of view and into agreeing with mine.

#58 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 10:25 AM | Reply

#27 | Posted by aborted_monson, Seems to be a terrible double standard. You can criticize Christianity, say that Jesus never existed, that he was doing drugs, was a myth perpetrated by the Roman government, was gay, etc. You can do the same with every other religion, except one. Because that special religion say they will kill you if you question the legitimacy of their scriptures, question or point out the inconsistencies in the behavior of their founder, or criticize the behavior of it's adherents. Islam is a belief. It is a set of ideals, and I will criticize that set of ideals and practices till judgement day. I could care less if they stick their butt into the air five times a day, fast one month a year, or yearn to visit Saudi Arabia to walk around some old temple, publicly proclaim that some sixth century warlord was a prophet of some god, pledge 2% of their income to their poor brothers, but I reject that one religion is so special that they are immune from criticism because of the threat of violence.
Islam by the way, is not a race.

#59 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 10:28 AM | Reply

Would you bet your life they will not?

#55 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-

What do you mean? CCL holders not using their guns to protect others? I'm sure it happens all the time. This lessens the utility of firearms.

#60 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 10:28 AM | Reply

The idiots who show up to my local Dairy Queen visibly armed are not there to protect me of that Dairy Queen. They're there to preen and bully.

#61 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 10:30 AM | Reply

I am sure that the staff of that rag

#55 | Posted by docnjo at 2018

Why do you call it a rag?

#62 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 10:31 AM | Reply

Here's a question: Did those newspapermen deserve to die because it was a liberal leaning paper and because they weren't armed?

#63 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 10:34 AM | Reply

#62 | Posted by Zed Periodicals and newspapers are often referred to as rags. Especially small town news papers.
#63 | Posted by Zed You assume a liberal or progressive bent to that paper? In the same town where the Naval Academy is located, Where the state capital is? Where one in five men is a veteran? Sure. Sorry, I have never read that newspaper, and I would wager you have not ether.
#61 | Posted by Zed, Here is the law. If an individual unhostelers his firearm in your presence and makes any threat, that is called assault with a deadly weapon. A felony. Learn something about the law.

#64 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 10:51 AM | Reply

#42 | POSTED BY Comrade SITZKRIEG

So you are saying most NRA members are racist clowns.
I agree!

#65 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-07-03 11:03 AM | Reply

#65 | Posted by aborted_monson, Gun control is ignored by criminals. They will always be armed.

#66 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 11:08 AM | Reply

#65 | Posted by aborted_monson I guess all the black people that belong to the NRA must of missed the part about the racial requirement to belong to that organization. Don't worry about the NRA, worry about the other 90 million gun owners. Come and take them if you are so bold.

#67 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 11:16 AM | Reply

Come and take them if you are so bold.

#67 | POSTED BY DOCNJO AT 2018-07-03 11:16 AM | FLAG:

Typical violence fantasy from a right wing goon. And you should be so lucky as to have someone take them, Cletus. You have a much higher chance of having them hurt you, your wife, or your kids than serving as a defense against anyone coming to your home with ill intent.

#68 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 11:22 AM | Reply

So you are saying most NRA members are racist clowns.

#65 | POSTED BY ABORTED_MONSON AT 2018-07-03 11:03 AM | REPLY

Didn't understand what I said, but not surprised. Here's a fun history lesson while we're at it. Remember when Black Panthers turned up in the Cali state capitol with long guns? The fear and gun control that generated is what caused a schism in the NRA leadership where the racists that supported the controls were ousted. The new leadership, ready to protect minority second amendment rights, grew into the leadership the NRA has today.

#69 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-07-03 11:23 AM | Reply

Islam never had a monopoly on ideological violence. But thanks for playing.

#70 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 11:24 AM | Reply

#64 | Posted by docnjo at 2018

The mere presence of a firearm can be a threat. Mere. Presence.

#71 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 11:43 AM | Reply

#70 | Posted by DirkStruan But you would have to admit that they are the most accomplished practitioners.

#72 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 11:43 AM | Reply

#70 | Posted by DirkStruan Not in my world.

#73 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 11:44 AM | Reply

#63 | Posted by Zed You assume a liberal or progressive bent to that paper?

Maybe they're just honorary liberals for asking people to do something about gun violence and being threatened with death.

#74 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 11:45 AM | Reply

#72 | POSTED BY DOCNJO AT 2018-07-03 11:43 AM | FLAG:

Not even close, Cletus.

#75 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 11:58 AM | Reply

Did those newspapermen deserve to die because it was a liberal leaning paper and because they weren't armed? - #63 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 10:34 AM
They didn't deserve to die at all. Many here have offered suggestions that may have prevented it or minimized the results.
There have been a few things that may have worked.

#76 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-07-03 12:55 PM | Reply

#75 | Posted by DirkStruan Cetus? Yankee arrogance,coupled with contempt for someone who has actually accomplished something. I am a disabled vet, I live in Texas by choose, I am retired at 62. What is YOUR excuse not being at work during the middle of the day, Greedo? Learn a little world history. Islamic conquest has spilled into every continent except the Americas. Not one country that is now predominately Muslim was by conversion, everyone was by conquest. Ya' know institutional violence, Hell, an Islamic Army was a the gates of Vienna in the 18th century, they did slave raids in Ireland and Iceland in the 17th, and murdered around a 100 million in both India and Africa. Yep, lots to be proud of.

#77 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 01:05 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"75 | Posted by DirkStruan coupled with contempt for someone who has actually accomplished something."

Participation in unjust wars of aggression? Yeah, be proud, hillbilly.

"Learn a little world history. Islamic conquest has spilled into every continent except the Americas."

Christianity has them beat, then.

"Not one country that is now predominately Muslim was by conversion, everyone was by conquest."

Not actually true. But thanks for playing.

"murdered around a 100 million in both India and Africa."

Citation needed.

"Yep, lots to be proud of."

Centuries of art, literature, science, poetry, philosophy.... Western civilization would be much poorer but for contact with the Muslim world.

#78 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 01:14 PM | Reply

Do not play on my emotions trying to gain political support.

The entire republican ideology is based on whipping up suppport via emotions.

Primarily fear

Fear the immigrants They are MS-13 coming to take your jobs and welfare too

Fear gays they are icky

Fear socialists paying less for better healthcare is one step away from Pol Pot

Fear Democrats they expect you to be nice to EVERYONE. Tyranny!

Taxes are theft. Potholes need to learn to fix themselves. LAZY!

regulations are bad. It costs corporations lots of money to not maim their workers. Besides corporations always do whats right on their own, right Enron?

The entire republican platform is based on unfounded emotional response

#79 | Posted by hatter5183 at 2018-07-03 01:15 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#24 | POSTED BY BOAZ

I can understand her not wanting to approach the kids as this is the environment liberals and the race baiting democrats have put us in.
Welcome to their new world, where everyone has to tip toe around blacks.

#1 | POSTED BY BOAZ

Hypocrite.

#80 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-07-03 01:26 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Islam by the way, is not a race.

#59 | POSTED BY Comrade DOCNJO AT 2018-07-03 10:28 AM | REPLY

Your word salad makes little sense. FWIW I am not a fan of ANY organized religion. Religion is used as a tool to control the masses. If folks of all religions would keep their beliefs to themselves this would be a better world.

All religions have done good things but most have done much more heinous and evil things over their existence than good.

#81 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-07-03 02:31 PM | Reply

If it wasn't for hypocrisy, Trumpublicans would have nothing at all.

#82 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-07-03 02:37 PM | Reply

In the end - Thoughts and Prayers is all MAGA will ever give him.

Sad.

#83 | Posted by getoffmedz at 2018-07-03 03:29 PM | Reply

#78 | Posted by DirkStruan, Muslims had universities and led in science and learning for about 300 years. Then Islam asserted it's self. They have been the backwater of everything sense. Islam lost it's mind in the 12th century. At this moment Spain translates more books into Spanish than the entire Muslim world translates into any language. More over what do they study, something that is a complete waste of time like the Koran, Sunna and Hadith. Failure compounded by failure for 800 years.

#84 | Posted by docnjo at 2018-07-03 05:17 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"Muslims had universities and led in science and learning for about 300 years. Then Islam asserted it's self."

Read some history. Islam values knowledge and scholarship. What happened was the Islamic world was invaded from all sides and those invasions effectively never stopped (thugs like you are among the latest participants). This ended the Islamic Golden Age and began a cycle of war and colonization that quite unsurprisingly produced the excesses you so wrongly view as essential features of the tradition (easier to blame the victim, I suppose).

#85 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 05:46 PM | Reply

--Islam values knowledge and scholarship.

How come they win so few Nobel prizes?

#86 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-07-03 05:51 PM | Reply

How come they win so few Nobel prizes?

#86 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2018-07-03 05:51 PM | FLAG:

Centuries of war and colonial oppression. Any other stupid questions?

#87 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 05:53 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Yeah, it's always the fault of the West. They've won 12 Nobel prizes compared to 182 for Jews, which they vastly outnumber. The world's Jews have suffered more oppression than they have.

#88 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-07-03 05:59 PM | Reply

"thugs like you"

-Boydstraundick

I love it.

#89 | Posted by eberly at 2018-07-03 06:08 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"How come they win so few Nobel prizes?
#86 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN"

How many Muslims on are the committees that choose the winners?

#90 | Posted by mOntecOre at 2018-07-03 06:12 PM | Reply

I doubt Muslims value winning the prize very much

#91 | Posted by eberly at 2018-07-03 06:19 PM | Reply

How many Mormons have won Nobel Prizes?

#92 | Posted by Zed at 2018-07-03 06:28 PM | Reply

The world's Jews have suffered more oppression than they have.

#88 | POSTED BY NULLIFIDIAN AT 2018-07-03 05:59 PM | FLAG:

Citation needed.

And oppression takes different forms.

#93 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 07:12 PM | Reply

"Yeah, it's always the fault of the West."

In this case? Yeah, a lot of it was. Do you have a counter argument? Some Nazi denialist narrative of "imperialism never happened?"

#94 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-07-03 07:13 PM | Reply

Why would anyone care about Nobel prizes? Company of people like Henry Kissinger and Yasser Arafat? No thanks.

#95 | Posted by JOE at 2018-07-03 07:31 PM | Reply