Thursday, June 14, 2018

Two of the most visible members of the Trump administration are planning their departures, the latest sign of upheaval in a White House marked by turmoil. Press secretary Sarah Sanders and principal deputy press secretary Raj Shah are both heading for the exits, according to sources inside the White House and close to the administration. Sanders, who has become a confidante of President Trump since the departure of former communications director Hope Hicks, has told friends that she plans to leave the administration at the end of the year.

Comments

Sarah Sanders rumoured to be leaving White House press role
www.bbc.com

...Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, is planning to leave the administration, according to one US media outlet.

Ms Sanders responded to the story with a statement on social media saying she knew nothing about the story, but did not deny its accuracy. It all seemed very Trumpian.

First CBS News reported that Sanders and deputy press secretary Raj Shah were getting ready to head for the exit.

Ms Sanders responded shortly afterwards, on Twitter, in an indignant manner.
Twitter post by @PressSec

-- Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) June 14, 2018

Yet she does not say that the report is inaccurate. She just says she did not talk to the reporter before the piece was published. ...

She always seems to have such a pained look on her face when she conducts the press briefings. imo, she should leave the White House, if only so she can smile again.

#1 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-06-14 10:17 AM | Reply

And when Trump says CBS,NBC,ABC and CNN are full of crap they don't deny it's accuracy either.

#2 | Posted by fishpaw at 2018-06-14 10:47 AM | Reply

@#2

The difference is that Pres Trump, like Press Sec. Huckabee, is a news source, not a news reporter.

Of course, now that the news is out, will Press Sec Huckabee, like fmr Sec of State Tillerson, delay the departure in an attempt to show the leak was wrong?

#3 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-06-14 10:56 AM | Reply

The lamestream press never gets tired pf publishing fake news.

#4 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-06-14 11:03 AM | Reply

#2 | POSTED BY FISHPAW

You are trying way too hard. A liar claims that others are lying is not very impressive or even believable.

Of course they defend themselves against Trumps false accusations. And unlike Trump the news organizations attempt to back up their stories with actual facts. Humpy just makes it as he goes along. So naturally he is wrong most of the time.

Trump is biggest liar I have ever seen.

#5 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-06-14 11:07 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

Sanders has already ruined her life. I hope her husband can support her.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-14 11:33 AM | Reply

#5 I like how you said the news organizations "attempt" to back up their stories. Unfortunately their "attempts" are from "unknown sources thought to have knowledge of the situation."

#7 | Posted by fishpaw at 2018-06-14 11:37 AM | Reply

Sanders has already ruined her life. I hope her husband can support her.

#6 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2018-06-14 11:33 AM | FLAG:

Do you honestly think she actually gives a crap what useless morons like you think of her?

#8 | Posted by fishpaw at 2018-06-14 11:38 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

she's a walking talking testament to sweet pea research. Hint..her daddy is mike huckabee, a double threat out of arkansas

#9 | Posted by ABlock at 2018-06-14 11:45 AM | Reply

#8 | Posted by fishpaw at 2018-06-14 11:38 AM | Reply

Sarah is like Trump: She wants to be popular as well as evil. So, yes.

#10 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-14 11:46 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"...Does @CBSNews know something I don't about my plans and my future? I was at my daughter's year-end Kindergarten event and they ran a story about my "plans to leave the WH" without even talking to me. I love my job and am honored to work for @POTUS

-- Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) June 14, 2018"...

Seems like the Chronically BS station is bored with current headlines, so they must resort to making them up...ONCE AGAIN! Who woulda thought??? And Sarah just chalks it all up to their kindergarten ways. The Chronically BS station just keep proving their own ridiculousness...

#11 | Posted by thetwilightzone at 2018-06-14 11:51 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

The lamestream press never gets tired pf publishing fake news.

Virtually every MSM scoop about internal matters at the White House that they vociferously deny has turned out to be true.

#12 | Posted by JOE at 2018-06-14 11:53 AM | Reply

@#11 ... And Sarah just chalks it all up to their kindergarten ways. ...

Did Pres Sec Huckabee deny the report that she is planning to leave, or just mention the report?

By my reading of her comment, she didn't deny it. One has to wonder, why?

#13 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-06-14 12:18 PM | Reply

I don't particularly like her but this seems stupid. The article claimed she said she is leaving. She said CBS must know something about her plans that she doesn't. Maybe it's just me, but that is denying she said it. That's a common phrase many people use to say someone is wrong about something they heard.

Person 1: Hey, I heard you got separated from your wife.
Person 2: You must know something about my relationship that I don't.

To me that interaction is a denial because they are implying that it's not true.

#14 | Posted by Undecided at 2018-06-14 01:19 PM | Reply

The article mentions "positions in the communications department left vacant." I guess when you're just making ---- up you don't need much staff.

#15 | Posted by SomebodyElse at 2018-06-14 01:29 PM | Reply

To be fair, I'm not saying she was honest in her tweet either. She may have really told friends she was leaving and is trying to cover herself. I'm just stating her tweet comes off as a denial to me as it was written.

#16 | Posted by Undecided at 2018-06-14 01:33 PM | Reply

@#14

Your person #2 says it as a statement.

Press Sec Huckabee said it as a question, not a statement. Therein lies the ambiguity about whether she denied it, or just questioned it.

We went through a similar thing with fmr Sec of State Tillerson. In my mind, the question now is: if Press Sec Huckabee really is leaving, will she now wait a while before she does leave?

Time will tell.

#17 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-06-14 01:34 PM | Reply

The lamestream press never gets tired pf publishing fake news.

#4 | POSTED BY SNIPER

There have been multiple reports of departures that were denied in then turned true a few weeks later.

I'm betting this is just a rerun and she'll be gone in less than a month for "personal reasons".

#18 | Posted by jpw at 2018-06-14 02:13 PM | Reply

personally..Better the liar I know, and besides, her SNL character is hilarious

#19 | Posted by ABlock at 2018-06-14 02:30 PM | Reply

She should leave. It's biblical.

#20 | Posted by anton at 2018-06-14 10:09 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Since righties love Leviticus so much:

33And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. 34But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

#21 | Posted by Alexandrite at 2018-06-14 10:33 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Anyone would look pained if they were asked the same questions over and over.
I'm surprised she doesn't throw both shoes at john Karl's head.

#22 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-06-15 09:13 AM | Reply

This allegedly devout Christian could barely hold back tears for victims of school shootings, but reacted coldly to the separation of infants and parents. The Bible is avaiable for any manner of rationalization of cruel ad unusual punishment.

#23 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-06-15 09:39 AM | Reply

Anyone would look pained if they were asked the same questions over and over.

#22 | Posted by phesterOBoyle

This poor boy thinks Sarah answers questions.

#24 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-15 11:01 AM | Reply

Sarah Sanders is a woman hired to lie for her boss.

#25 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-15 11:10 AM | Reply

How many times can a woman be called fat by her boss before she quits?

I'm guessing Sanders got called fat every time Trump saw her.

#26 | Posted by Tor at 2018-06-15 01:17 PM | Reply

I'm guessing Sanders got called fat every time Trump saw her.
#26 | POSTED BY TOR

The body shaming left calls her fat and cross eyed.
No guessing about that.

#27 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-06-15 02:31 PM | Reply

The body shaming left calls her fat and cross eyed.
No guessing about that.

#27 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Aww. Does our Uncle Festor have a crush on Sarah?

Trump's done with her. You can have her now.

#28 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-06-15 02:35 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The body shaming left calls her fat..."

Proving once again, nothing pisses off a Republican more than when a Democrat acts like them.

"...and cross eyed."

What a terrible lie; she's wall-eyed.

#29 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-06-15 04:38 PM | Reply

"The body shaming left calls her fat..."

The left is way out of line to speculate Trump calls her this.

After all it's not like he has a habit of commenting openly about women's appearances.

And it's not like he's ever called a woman miss piggy.

#30 | Posted by Tor at 2018-06-15 04:43 PM | Reply

she's wall-eyed.

POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2018-06-15 04:38 PM | REPLY

Huh????

#31 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-06-15 04:45 PM | Reply

Cross-eyed is when your eyes don't seem focused, and instead focus inward.

Wall-eyed is when your eyes don't seem focused, and instead focus outward.

#32 | Posted by Danforth at 2018-06-15 04:47 PM | Reply

Wall-eyed is when your eyes don't seem focused, and instead focus outward.

POSTED BY DANFORTH AT 2018-06-15 04:47 PM | REPLY

Sounds fishy

#33 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-06-15 04:54 PM | Reply

Aww. Does our Uncle Festor have a crush on Sarah?
Trump's done with her. You can have her now.
#28 | POSTED BY DONNERBOY

Cruel bully
GFYS.

#34 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-06-15 08:17 PM | Reply

The lamestream press never gets tired pf publishing fake news.

#4 | Posted by Sniper

The moronic trumpers never get tired of calling news fake before it's proven to be true.

#35 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-06-15 09:36 PM | Reply