Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Archie Parnell, the Democratic candidate who admitted to abusing his ex-wife 45 years ago, announced this week that he is officially staying in the race to win the Democratic nomination in South Carolina's 5th Congressional District.

Comments

Setting whataboutism timer

#1 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-06-13 08:52 AM | Reply

Did he keep beating her for 45 years?

#2 | Posted by sitzkrieg at 2018-06-13 09:15 AM | Reply

"These actions were inexcusable, wrong and downright embarrassing," Parnell added. "Since then, my life has been changed by a remarkable woman, two amazing daughters, a forgiving God and a career that has taught me to cherish what I have."

1973 was a long time ago. Seems to me he changed his life for the better in the time between then and now.

#3 | Posted by 726 at 2018-06-13 09:20 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Setting whataboutism timer

#1 | Posted by Avigdore at

How about the stupid timer?

#4 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-13 10:14 AM | Reply

How about the stupid timer?

#4 | POSTED BY ZED AT 2018-06-13 10:14 AM

That was set for an hour and 25 minutes, you just made it.

Well done, I guess.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-06-13 10:21 AM | Reply

Well done, I guess.

#5 | Posted by Rightocenter at

Stop, you'll just encourage me.

#6 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-13 10:28 AM | Reply

Wife beating, even forty-five years ago, might make a difference to a Democratic voter. I believe recent history shows that's the only block of voters who would care.

Let's talk about the whoremaster who won that GOP primary. By definition he got a lot of support.

#7 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-13 10:30 AM | Reply

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-13 10:32 AM | Reply

I made a post to discuss that already, Zed. In hopes of minimizing the whataboutism here.
www.drudge.com

#9 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-06-13 10:59 AM | Reply

A question: Anyone here believe that most whores don't get abused most of the time? - #8 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-13 10:32 AM

I absolutely believe that legal prostitutes are subject to much less abuse than those who work outside of the law.
I feel it is likely that prostitutes in Nevada's brothels (with their watchful owner and security measures) are subject to even less abuse than that.

#10 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-06-13 11:01 AM | Reply

Some whores get spanked with magazines.

#11 | Posted by bored at 2018-06-13 10:53 PM | Reply

Archie deserves a mulligan.

#12 | Posted by bored at 2018-06-13 10:54 PM | Reply

#10 | Posted by Avigdore

nypost.com

Brothel owner Dennis Hof sexually assaulted two prostitutes in Nevada nearly a decade ago, including one woman he allegedly "raped and battered daily," according to the women and a new police report.

#13 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-06-13 11:01 PM | Reply

#13 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-06-13 11:01 PM
yes, abuse happens. As I stated above.

#14 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-06-14 02:25 PM | Reply