Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) was left with six broken ribs, including three displaced fractures, and months of intense pain that felt like 1,000 knives after his neighbor attacked him last year. The assailant, Dr. Rene Boucher, attacked Paul while he was mowing his lawn. The senator had just stepped off the lawn mower and was wearing silencing earmuffs and never saw or heard his neighbor coming. Contrary to original rumors, Boucher's attack on the senator was not about politics. He was upset about yard debris, according to new court documents.

Comments

I thought this was interesting and have been wondering what motivated the attack.

#1 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-06-12 11:05 AM | Reply

Iow paul acts like a libertarian not caring about the impact on his neighbors
His neighbor made a libertarian response

#2 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-06-12 11:11 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 3

A better answer to yard "waste" would have been Jim Carrey's response in Me, Myself and Irene. www.youtube.com

#3 | Posted by 726 at 2018-06-12 11:19 AM | Reply

"and months of intense pain that felt like 1,000 knives"

Talk about Drama Queens

Poor Dandy Paul, he was deprived of his right to Run Away.

www.youtube.com

#4 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-06-12 11:31 AM | Reply

"and months of intense pain that felt like 1,000 knives"

I wonder how much pain the children that are shot with assault weapons feel that Dandy Randy keeps doing nothing about?

#5 | Posted by 726 at 2018-06-12 12:54 PM | Reply

I bet Paul will be more cognizant on where he puts his yard waste from now on..

#6 | Posted by boaz at 2018-06-12 01:20 PM | Reply

#5 | Posted by 726

Now there is a deflection.

#7 | Posted by Sniper at 2018-06-12 02:51 PM | Reply

I thought this was known since the beginning?

#8 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 03:01 PM | Reply

#6 Hey! Did you know Rand is white? I have never seen you apply the policy of personal responsibility to a white person. Weird.

#9 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 03:02 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Finally? We've known this for months.

#10 | Posted by SpeakSoftly at 2018-06-12 05:39 PM | Reply

I think I will file a complaint against Dr. Boucher with the State Board. I don't know him, but by his own admission he has anger management issues and acts out in a violent way. Maybe he should lose his license. Personally, I think he is F^^^ of S***. His brush pile argument sounds a lot like it was cooked up about the time he found out how much jail time he would be spending were it to come out that he had attacked Paul because of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

#11 | Posted by bogey1355 at 2018-06-12 06:04 PM | Reply

If he were a real libertarian instead of a GOP hack, he might have actually respected his neighbor's property.

#12 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-06-12 06:09 PM | Reply

I mean you idiots...this man was attacked on his own property, the appropriate response is horror and pity.

I don't care if you're a Democrat socialist or a Republican fascist, do you ask what party your neighbor is affiliated with before you're horrified by the act and feel sympathy for the victim..the man broke ribs.

Democracy is largly dead and it's because of you -- the tyranny of the mob. The mob can no longer empathize with "them". Anything, "they" do is wrong, and what we do is justified. People are no longer people, only enemies of my party and friends of my party. RIP

#13 | Posted by Regnum at 2018-06-12 06:42 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Reg,

You're right.

No....I don't ask what party they are affiliated with when I say you are a bad neighbor.

Don't provoke people and play the victim card.

I won't say Paul deserved it but he was asking for it.

#14 | Posted by BillJohnson at 2018-06-12 07:23 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

Just the sort of pettiness I'd expect from an American conservative.

#15 | Posted by DirkStruan at 2018-06-12 07:47 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

"and months of intense pain that felt like 1,000 knives"

So like, three or maybe four car antennae?

#16 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-06-12 07:59 PM | Reply

#14 said.."I won't say Paul deserved it but he was asking for it."

Yes in a sense it was a neighbour spat, and could have been avoided if either side was a little less petty.

BUT..the punishment so out weighs the 'crime'. Getting dragged off your lawn mower without warning for a spat whose most recent provocation was months prior, and beaten so hard that you didnt just break one but six of your tweleve ribs..is savage.

I don't like Ron Paul. I don't like his grandstanding. I don't like his politics. But at least Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr had the decency to duel; Ron had no way of seeing this commin'.

#17 | Posted by Regnum at 2018-06-12 08:48 PM | Reply

I ment rand and i typed ron.😳

#18 | Posted by Regnum at 2018-06-13 12:03 AM | Reply

Rand may be a ---, but his attacker gets no sympathy from me. Whoever said he needs anger management training was right.

#19 | Posted by cbob at 2018-06-13 09:25 AM | Reply

I've been very lucky in the neighbor department. No bad apples and the only ones I'm not on good terms with I'm on no terms with - we don't talk but they take care of their yards and we don't create trouble for each other.

#20 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-06-13 11:36 AM | Reply

These HOA disputes are really getting out of hand.

#21 | Posted by Reagan58 at 2018-06-13 12:08 PM | Reply