Tuesday, June 12, 2018

For the second straight year, a small group of transgender athletes dominated their respective events at the girls track and field state championships in Connecticut. Apparently, the second time through the ringer for some fellow competitors was too much, with parents of those athletes now stepping forward to try to ban those transgender athletes from competing as females.

Comments

It's a tough issue. You have to balance the rights of transgender athletes against the field.

Nobody can be surprised that parents are going to argue these athletes need to compete with the males.

#1 | Posted by eberly at 2018-06-12 09:15 AM | Reply

Rarely do I agree with people trying to prevent transgender females from living as females but I do when it comes to sports competition. Their bodies are stronger, muscle mass bigger and muscle density too. It is just not fair to the female athletes.

#2 | Posted by danni at 2018-06-12 09:47 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#2 | POSTED BY DANNI

Absolutely.

Transgender Biological Male Sets Girls Track Records

newbostonpost.com

#3 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-06-12 10:50 AM | Reply

That transgender girl competed as a male one year prior.

#4 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-06-12 10:51 AM | Reply

I'm curious about laura's Opinion

#5 | Posted by truthhurts at 2018-06-12 11:04 AM | Reply

Hey let me run against them. I'll give em a fair challenge.

#6 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-06-12 11:56 AM | Reply

I'm curious about laura's Opinion

#5 | POSTED BY TRUTHHURTS AT 2018-06-12 11:04 AM | FLAG:

It all depends on hormone useage. If they haven't been on them for at least a year no dice.

#7 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-06-12 11:58 AM | Reply

Three categories for athletics:

Biological Male
Biological Female
Other

Trans can compete against other trans, the only "fair" way...

#8 | Posted by hoser at 2018-06-12 12:26 PM | Reply

I was going to say something along those lines. I know one trans girl, she has been on HRT for almost two years and my trans son who hasn't even started hormones is already stronger than her.

If she had to compete against guys she would lose every time.

If a trans girl hasn't started HRT or has been on them less than a year then the physiological changes that come from hormones won't have really kicked in yet. For that matter if they still have testees and are working out regularly then even a year might not be enough.

#9 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2018-06-12 01:54 PM | Reply

I don't have a horse in this race, but if I did, I would want to to identify as a unicorn, or Pegasus, or maybe even Sleipnir.

#10 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-06-12 11:55 PM | Reply

gosh it's as though they're not actually women but men who have had surgery in order to look vaguely like women.

#11 | Posted by Tor at 2018-06-13 11:50 PM | Reply