Monday, June 11, 2018

Sasha, an 8-month-old pit bull, was sitting outside of her Stockton, California, home Sunday, June 3 when flames began to engulf the apartment building. Sasha's owner, Nana Chaichanhda, and her baby were inside. The quick-thinking dog jumped into action, alerting Chaichanhda about the fire before she even realized the blaze herself. The fire eventually destroyed most of the four-plex, but not before Sasha helped get her family out.

Comments

Pit bulls prefer their meat raw.

#1 | Posted by bored at 2018-06-12 12:37 AM | Reply

Good doggie! :)

#2 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-06-12 12:42 AM | Reply

Personhood for dogs.

#3 | Posted by Zed at 2018-06-12 06:30 AM | Reply

"Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolf hound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why.'
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said, 'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good Life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?' The Six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.'

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy..
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently."

That is why GOD spelled backwards is DOG.

#4 | Posted by 726 at 2018-06-12 07:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Awesome.

If I ever hear about a cat doing such a cool thing I may get one.

#5 | Posted by 9mmHeater at 2018-06-12 12:14 PM | Reply

Great story.

#6 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 02:26 PM | Reply

Good dog 13/10 would share my BBQ with.

#7 | Posted by TaoWarrior at 2018-06-12 02:41 PM | Reply

@ 9mm
m.youtube.com

#8 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-06-13 11:06 AM | Reply

I've always said, some of the finest people you'll ever meet are dogs.

#9 | Posted by shane at 2018-06-13 02:34 PM | Reply