Sunday, June 10, 2018

Warren Says Democrats Lack Guts to Take on ‘Billionaire Class' Comes after she criticized other Democrats during Dodd-Frank fight Sen. Elizabeth Warren criticized fellow Democrats who voted for interests of the "billionaire class" over those of most Americans. "Until we have all of the Democrats who are willing to take on the billionaire class, until we have all of the Democrats who are willing to fight for the American people and not for a handful of billionaires and giant corporations, then it's going to stay an uphill fight," she said on The Intercept's Mehdi Hasan's "Deconstructed" podcast released Friday. Hasan asked if Warren agreed with Sen. Bernie Sanders' assertion that most Democrats don't have the "guts" to take on Wall Street. "Yeah," she said. But Warren also said Republicans were responsible, too, and did not want to "give them a pass."

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

Warren has notoriously been as willing to criticize members of her own party for their ties to Wall Street as she has Republicans.

Earlier this year, Warren criticized other Democrats for voting to roll back regulations on the financial industry.

The bill passed the Senate with 67 votes and had the support of some vulnerable Democrats like Sens. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, who in turn was praised by the Koch brothers-affiliated Americans for Prosperity.

Comments

This is the Democrats main problem -- they come across to regular Americans as not standing for much of anything.

#1 | Posted by PinchALoaf at 2018-06-10 07:48 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 3

Its not that the Dems lack guts to take on the billionaires its that they like the sweet sweet money that they get from them.

You know the money that CORKY insist that the Dems must take.

Also its not just political donations thats part of the problem its also jobs and speaking fee's with the corporation and Bankers after they retire from politics.

this is why the Dems have trouble taking on the Billionaires.

#2 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-10 08:18 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

- You know the money that CORKY insist that the Dems must take.

Ahem....

www.drudge.com

- All that said

Sounds like a warranty disclaimer. "Even though I act like the parties are the same, just forget I said it, but don't forget to vote Dem!" Talk about your faint praise.

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-10 10:42 PM | Reply

#3 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-10 10:42 PM |

No stupid I am saying the Dems are bad but not as bad as the repubs unlike you I want a party that not corrupt with billionaires money a party that represents the working class and the poor un like you I am willing to say where the Dems are falling down and do better.

As for your link oh my gosh Bernie Sanders got money from the nurses union, from a UNION! why that is exactly the same as money from the Banks and corporations huh Corky!

bone head

#4 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-11 12:13 AM | Reply

where the Dems are falling down and do better=

where the Dems are falling down and CAN do better.

#5 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-11 12:18 AM | Reply

= I want

www.youtube.com

- bone head

Try not calling me out in your post.

Or try not pretending the parties are the same, and then saying Vote Dem!... and then having to say they aren't the same.

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 12:37 AM | Reply

#6 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 12:37 AM

The only person saying the parties are the same is you.

Warren and me both have real criticism of the Dem but neither her or I have said both parties are the same even though you want to pretend we said that, but we both also will say vote Dem in the midterms

"Try not calling me out in your post."

here corky wants to pretend he never criticized another member on DR, right sure thing Corky

#7 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-11 01:33 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I don't get upset when I get a response, "stupid" "bone head".

Some libs want to have their cake and eat it, too. They want to bash the Dem party, then say, "but vote for them". That's a bit confusing for some moderates and independents. Pick a horse and stick with it. The other side will provide all the criticism necessary.

This is politics, not beanbag. The court of opinion is like the court of law; sides have advocates, not squishy part-time supporters.

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 01:44 AM | Reply

#8 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 01:44 AM | R

Never ever say a thing bad about the Dems even if it is true
CORKY

if you dont say what is wrong then it will never be changed, to have a change you must first name it.

Hell Corky you have said far worse things to other DR members here then what I have said to you.

#9 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-11 01:51 AM | Reply

Never ever say a thing bad about the Dems when they are running against worse Republicans. Save it for after they are elected.

Fixed that for ya.

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 01:08 PM | Reply

Let's get rid of these dumbass political parties.

#11 | Posted by IndianaJones at 2018-06-11 01:37 PM | Reply

"Save it for after they are elected."

All elected politicians, today, are in a time After they've been elected.

And yes, they all have an election coming up, sooner or later.

Most people accept being pragmatic on election day but that does not mean they won't be critical any other day. Before or after.

Honestly, criticism of Dems makes you squirm any day.

#12 | Posted by eberly at 2018-06-11 01:44 PM | Reply

- criticism of Dems

Is mostly self-defeating behavior when there GOPhers out there. But then, some people will always be more about personality than policy, so I guess they need to be able to express their pet peeves.

#13 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 01:47 PM | Reply

"is mostly self-defeating behavior when there GOPhers out there."

There is at least a little validity to that statement if the Democrat in question is vulnerable because it's a balanced state or a balanced congressional district seat

But they don't all have that challenge

#14 | Posted by eberly at 2018-06-11 02:07 PM | Reply

All that said it is still important to get out and vote in the midterm election and to vote for the Dems best candidate. - #2 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-10 08:18 PM

#15 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-06-11 02:24 PM | Reply

#10 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 01:08 PM |

You must never speak ill of the party for the party is always right so is its Representatives, for the party can do no wrong, but any perceived fault the party might have done must be covered up.

We love you big brother!

#16 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-11 10:23 PM | Reply

- You must never speak ill of the party for the party is always right

You are the only one that said that. I said, "Save it for after they are elected."

So much for your strawman.

#17 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 11:12 PM | Reply

Sounds like Warren won't be sharing the piece pipe with progressive fatcat donors in Martha's Vineyard. That might help against "The Woken One" Kamala Harris.

#18 | Posted by nullifidian at 2018-06-11 11:36 PM | Reply

What are you doing here?

Are you slamming Warren for her heritage?

Are you slamming Kamala Harris for being a corporate democrat?

Are you slamming both of them for being democrats?

What is the classic liberal, buddhist, libertarian, trumpublican trying to say?

Once your identity crisis passes, get back to me.

#19 | Posted by ClownShack at 2018-06-11 11:56 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#17 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 11:12 PM | R

First off yeah you were saying that all through you're posts and 2nd please
point out where I attacked any Dem candidate in this thread.

What I have said through this whole thread is Warren is right and you freakin hate that.

the party is not always right nor is every Dem candidate running is non touchable.
I have also said vote Dem in the midterms election

#20 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 12:13 AM | Reply

- Warren won't be sharing the piece pipe with progressive fatcat donors in Martha's Vineyard

Says the guy who, along with his rwing buds, was calling her Pocahontas.

Actually, she and Bernie have been getting advice on how to run from... Barack Obama.

www.drudge.com

- Warren is right and you freakin hate that.

No, I love that, same as I do with Bernie.

Now we'll see if they want to win, or just be "right".

#21 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-12 12:21 AM | Reply

- You must never speak ill of the party for the party is always right

So much for your strawman.

#17 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-11 11:12 PM |

- criticism of Dems

#13 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-

#22 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 12:24 AM | Reply

Thanks for reiterating my point.

"You must never speak ill of the party for the party is always right" is what you said and falsely attributed to me.

I said it was, "mostly self-defeating behavior".... kinda like voting 3rd party when Bernie tells you that you shouldn't.

#23 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-12 12:36 AM | Reply

I'm not a fan of hating people because they have money, or for any other reason.

Trump hates enough for everyone.

Maybe the Dems can try not running on hate.

#24 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 12:45 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 2

"mostly self-defeating behavior"

what a weasel you our, it is obvious what you meant by this and other posts you have made.

Yeah it's funny how a person like me can get hung up over someone who claims to take the advise from someone who has been involved with the murders of millions of people how silly of me.

Corky what most of your post here have been screeches about never attacking the party for wrongs it has committed.

Warren is right, the party has sucked up to billionaires and should not have.

#25 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 12:55 AM | Reply

- it is obvious what you meant

Yeah, it's obvious I meant what I said, not what you said. I have never said the party was perfect or anything like that.

It's about time you get over that primary loss. Bernie has.... and at least he did the right thing afterwards and voted and werked to support "someone who has been involved with the murders of millions of people"... which is as non-factual as it is stupid.

#26 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-12 12:59 AM | Reply

Is Warren right on this CORKY?

#27 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 01:34 AM | Reply

Crimes against Humanity: Why Is Henry Kissinger Walking Around Free?
www.globalresearch.ca

anyway is Warren right in this article CORKY?

#28 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 01:50 AM | Reply

Trump hates enough for everyone.

Maybe the Dems can try not running on hate.

#24 | Posted by BruceBanner

Um, have you tried not hating people lately? Good luck, pal. Best wishes.

#29 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-06-12 02:00 AM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

This may be part of the problem facing democrats when it comes to the billionaires: A Lot of Billionaires Are Giving To Democrats. Here's A Data-Driven Look At Their Agenda.

www.forbes.com

#30 | Posted by MSgt at 2018-06-12 02:14 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

From #30, which was written nine months before the election when Trump was not really even Trump yet,

"Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg gave handsomely to the San Francisco Democratic Party organization"

That's not all Zuckerberg did! ;)

#31 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-06-12 03:39 AM | Reply

It does make you wonder, though.

What's the agenda of the billionaires supporting Trump.

#32 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-06-12 03:40 AM | Reply

Hillary and Henry: Clinton's Relationship With Kissinger

The two former secretaries of state have been close for years, with Clinton calling him "a friend" and noting that she "relied on his counsel" when she was secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

She also included mentions of Kissinger in her own book "Hard Choices," which detailed her time as secretary of state, referencing him during portions about China.

Clinton and Kissinger's ties extend beyond politics: The two are so friendly that when Clinton was set to present a fashion industry award to designer Oscar de la Renta, the event was re-arranged so that both Clinton and de la Renta were able to attend Kissinger's 90th birthday party in New York.

During a debate in New Hampshire in February, Clinton brought him up as a positive.

"I was very flattered when Henry Kissinger said I ran the State Department better than anybody had run in a long time," she said.

Sen. Bernie Sanders has criticized her ties to Kissinger, saying during a subsequent debate that he found it "rather amazing" that she is proud of the connection "because I happen to believe that Henry Kissinger was one of the most destructive secretaries of state in the modern history of this country."

"I'm proud to say that Henry Kissinger is not my friend. I will not take advice from Henry Kissinger," Sanders said before noting Kissinger's involvement in the bombing of Cambodia, which some critics have likened to genocide.
abcnews.go.com

#33 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 06:45 AM | Reply

Corky was Warren right to say what she did in this article?

#34 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 06:48 AM | Reply

Punchy. You're a tool for the millionaires and billionaires.

#35 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 08:09 AM | Reply

The Bernie Bros are the best thing we've ever seen to keep the poor poor.

#36 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 08:09 AM | Reply

Um, have you tried not hating people lately? Good luck, pal. Best wishes.

#29 | POSTED BY HELIUMRAT AT 2018-06-12 02:00 AM | REPLY | FLAG:

There is a good coalition of people who don't hate but resist hate.

I try my best to be part of that. I would say Donner is very good at it.

#37 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 08:10 AM | Reply

Even guilt by association, a logical fallacy, doesn't mean you get to claim she "killed millions of people".

The primary is over, so get over it.

#38 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-12 12:55 PM | Reply

Even Trump has stopped with the lock her up.

#39 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-12 03:30 PM | Reply

The primary is over, so get over it.

#38 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-12 12:55 PM |

I didnt say hillary killed millions of people so stop lying about what I said here Corky, I said hillary claimed she took advice and a friend of kissinger who killed millions of people

CORKY was Warren right to say what she did in this article?

#40 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 07:05 PM | Reply

And CORKY you were the one to bring up the Dems primaries not me you wanted to put up a straw man to change the subject.

So was Warren right to say what she did in this article?

#41 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-12 11:12 PM | Reply

Obviously not over it....

#42 | Posted by Corky at 2018-06-13 12:16 AM | Reply

I knew you would never answer my question.

all you did was come up with evasive answers and lies.

OK CORKY I will stop asking you if Warren was right to say what she did in this article

#43 | Posted by PunchyPossum at 2018-06-13 02:02 AM | Reply