Thursday, June 07, 2018

Go to hell, Mom! That was the essential and overriding sentiment in a death notice for a Minnesota woman published this week. The 105-word "memorial" in a small-town newspaper in Minnesota was unquestionably blunt. The Redwood Falls Gazette in Redwood Falls, Minn. -- population 5,254 -- removed the notice from its website this week after it sparked an outcry from many readers who argued it went too far.

Comments

Beyond The Grave will continue after these blunt messages.

#1 | Posted by ajwood at 2018-06-07 08:52 PM | Reply

"It helped us [to write this]," Dehmalo said. "We wanted to finally get the last word."

I think it does help. My parents where child abusers, and I haven't talked to them in 30 years. When I get the call, if I can, I will do everything I can to arrange for a simple service and gravestone. My sister or brother might or might not show up.

Dad's will say "God grant that he lie still".
Mom's will just be an ordinary witch's grave - just a name, two dates, and a pentagram.

No need for an obituary.

#2 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-06-08 05:45 AM | Reply

This is very bad juju. This will come back to bite her.

#3 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-06-08 06:09 AM | Reply

My obit should read

Born a he
Died a she
c'est la vie

#4 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-06-08 06:16 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

When I go, I want to be stepped on by an elephant while making love.

#5 | Posted by HeliumRat at 2018-06-08 08:56 AM | Reply

I'm sure Comrade Chairbourne's family will have a similar obit for that racist scumbag when he takes his final dirtnap.

#6 | Posted by aborted_monson at 2018-06-08 09:18 AM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

#4 You should add a disclaimer like "dangly bits not included"

#7 | Posted by MUSTANG at 2018-06-08 10:05 AM | Reply | Funny: 1

"The Redwood Falls Gazette in Redwood Falls, Minn. -- population 5,254 -- removed the notice from its website this week after it sparked an outcry from many readers who argued it went too far."

Just one more example of how many would rather not hear truth but instead remain in their own little bubble of reality.

#8 | Posted by 9mmHeater at 2018-06-08 03:08 PM | Reply