Thursday, June 07, 2018

Berkshire Hathaway chairman Warren Buffett and J.P. Morgan Chase chief executive Jamie Dimon told CNBC the U.S. economy is in rare form and could continue to prove strong for years to come. In an exclusive joint interview with CNBC's Becky Quick, Dimon and Buffett cited several aspects of the economy as reasons for optimism. "Right now, there's no question: It's feeling strong. I mean, if we're in the sixth inning, we have our sluggers coming to bat right now," Buffett said in the "Squawk Box" the interview that aired Thursday.

Alternate links: Google News | Twitter

I'm no good at predicting out two or three or five years from now, although I will say this: There's no question in my mind that America's going to be far ahead of where we are now 10, 20 and 30 years from now," the 87-year-old billionaire added. "But right now, business is good. There's no question about it."

Dimon -- who has been J.P. Morgan CEO since 2005 -- echoed Buffett's positive comments on economic growth, saying that the current uptrend in business could last years.

"The way I look at it, there is nothing that is a real pothole," he said. "Business sentiment is almost at the highest level it's ever been, consumer sentiment is at its highest levels, markets are wide open, housing's in short supply and my guess is mortgage credit will expand a little bit."

Comments

"But wait, we were told to think that Buffett and Dimon thought the economy sucked!"

-The DR Left

#1 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-06-07 02:10 PM | Reply

You should put everything you have into the stock market.

that will show them libs.

#2 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-06-07 02:19 PM | Reply

Buffet is not you RoC. He's a special person who makes very good decisions and gets offers we don't get. He also has over $160 billion in cash on hand, waiting for it all to come down.

BRK does well when the economy crashes. He is happy.

#3 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-07 02:32 PM | Reply

But he's right. Today, everything is okay.

#4 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-07 02:32 PM | Reply

Hey, RoC. You've been avoiding talking gas prices after blowing hard on how Trump was going to make historically low gas prices by killing off endangered species and giving away public lands.

I noticed. Coward.

#5 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-07 02:33 PM | Reply | Funny: 2

I noticed. Coward.

#5 | POSTED BY BRUCEBANNER AT 2018-06-07 02:33 PM

Any other positions you want to assign to me that I never took?

I thought you were smarter than Snoofy...I guess not.

#6 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-06-07 02:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1 | Newsworthy 1

@#4 ... But he's right. Today, everything is okay. ...

Yup. It's been a long road since early 2008 when the Great Recession started.

Still, I'd like to see more of the income, and other benefits of the economy's growth, going to the middle class.

#7 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-06-07 02:40 PM | Reply

Trump Says the U.S. Economy Is the ‘Greatest' Ever. It's Not
www.bloomberg.com

...President Donald Trump has plenty of room to brag about the American economy. Calling it the "greatest" on record may be a stretch.

"In many ways this is the greatest economy in the HISTORY of America and the best time EVER to look for a job!" he tweeted Monday afternoon. Speaking in the White House Rose Garden on Wednesday, he repeated that this is the "strongest economy we've ever had."

Indeed, the economy has made major progress since the Great Recession ended in 2009, and that improvement has continued -- and even strengthened by some metrics -- during Trump's 16 months in office. Jobless rates among minorities are at or near record lows, openings are at an all-time high and there are more positions available than there are unemployed.

Yet wage growth is moderate, productivity remains tepid and expansion has averaged 2.4 percent on a year-over-year basis since Trump took office, well below the 4.4 percent of the 1950s and 1960s....

#8 | Posted by LampLighter at 2018-06-07 02:45 PM | Reply

I noticed too
ROC is a compulsive Drive-By Liar
He rolls thru spraying his bullets of smarmy assumptions then runs away once the concocted narrative falls apart

#9 | Posted by ChiefTutMoses at 2018-06-07 03:14 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 1

I see the ---------------- is stalking this thread, I am sure his inanity is delighting his legion of "fans."

#10 | Posted by Rightocenter at 2018-06-07 03:36 PM | Reply

Any other positions you want to assign to me that I never took?
I thought you were smarter than Snoofy...I guess not.

#6 | POSTED BY RIGHTOCENTER AT 2018-06-07 02:38 PM | FLAG:

lies. boring lies. conservatives are mini trumpfs now.

#11 | Posted by BruceBanner at 2018-06-07 07:41 PM | Reply

Goldman Says the Credit Markets Have Been Ringing the Alarm Bell on Stocks

While tech stocks losses over the last few days feel sudden, they weren't completely without warning.

- Bloomberg