Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Should the search for alien life in our universe come up empty-handed, it might be worth checking in on a neighboring universe instead. According to a new pair of studies in the journal Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, there's a decent chance that life-fostering planets could exist in a parallel universe -- even if that universe were being torn apart by dark energy.

Comments

5 Reasons We May Live in a Multiverse

www.space.com

#1 | Posted by Corky at 2018-05-14 07:55 PM | Reply

John Oliver: "You've stated that you believe that there could be an infinite number of parallel universes. Does that mean there is universe out there where I am smarter than you?"

Stephen Hawking: "Yes. And also a universe where you're funny." [---- eating grin follows.]

Probably my favorite moment in any Stephen Hawking interview.

#2 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-05-14 08:03 PM | Reply | Funny: 3

The Bubble Universes and Braneworlds seem the most plausible to me.

String theory is absolutely fascinating and finally taking a back seat in the public sphere. I've always thought these big theories in physics never get any significant traction while being hammered out in the public eye. It just seems more appropriate for these things to remain under the rug until tangible evidence is uncovered to truly fortify the theory of possibility into a theory of probability.

#3 | Posted by rstybeach11 at 2018-05-14 08:14 PM | Reply

Yeah, what the article studies seem to support is planetary creation despite the level of dark matter. Life on such planets is supposition, but more fun than rocks.

#4 | Posted by Corky at 2018-05-14 08:26 PM | Reply

Many UFO reports of instant disappearance/reappearance...multidimensional?

#5 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2018-05-14 08:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Of all the evidence for and against the multi-verse, the one thing that ultimately convinces me it must be true is your momma is so fat, there's no way she gonna fit into just one universe.

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 08:33 PM | Reply

Mom's day must be officially over, lol. Personally, I would have used M8's wife's .....a instead, but that's just me.

#7 | Posted by Corky at 2018-05-14 08:37 PM | Reply

This is the parallel universe aliens exist in.

#8 | Posted by Zed at 2018-05-15 02:01 PM | Reply

"Aliens May Exist in a Parallel Universe"

Reminds me of this one time on a___.

#9 | Posted by Hagbard_Celine at 2018-05-15 02:04 PM | Reply

Aliens?! I blame Trump...and and Elvis...and uh...Jiminy Criket

#10 | Posted by phesterOBoyle at 2018-05-15 02:25 PM | Reply

Of course it is possible that there are aliens in a parallel Universe.

We know this is possible because Republicans already live there.

#11 | Posted by donnerboy at 2018-05-15 02:28 PM | Reply

Trump is going to build a Wall around our multiverse to keep the aliens out. 7th dimension Mexico will pay for it.

#12 | Posted by Corky at 2018-05-15 02:37 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

Aliens?! I blame Trump...and and Elvis...and uh...Jiminy Criket

#10 | POSTED BY PHESTEROBOYLE

Elvis isn't dead. He just went home.

#13 | Posted by Sycophant at 2018-05-15 03:23 PM | Reply

Elvis isn't dead. He just went home.

#13 | POSTED BY SYCOPHANT

Zed, we've got a bug.

#14 | Posted by JeffJ at 2018-05-15 03:38 PM | Reply | Funny: 1

The Jesus crowd is gonna get their panties in a wad...

watch out aliens!

#15 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2018-05-16 01:07 PM | Reply

Trump is going to build a Wall around GREATER ISRAEL to keep the aliens out. US TAXPAYERS will pay for it.

#16 | Posted by AuntieSocial at 2018-05-16 01:09 PM | Reply

Many UFO reports of instant disappearance/reappearance...multidimensional?
#5 | Posted by Greatamerican at 2018-05-14 08:30 PM | Reply | Newsworthy 2

Normal vision bandwidth apparently sees UFO light suddenly stretch as it zips away. In the infrared they just look like a dark disc moving rapidly and suddenly, no stretching. One thing I've noticed - I can see IR during the day only on the outermost part of my visual range. If I look directly, the IR effect is gone but I apparently see UV as just colors with my normal vision.

Check this out: FLYING "Saucer" REACTS To Man Recording It! 5/27/17 - give it time, this guy is a UFO hunter who gets far more than he ever expected.

So, it's intelligently controlled, and using a laser is an easy way to get their attention. But you have to use an IR scope to see - those aren't too expensive compared with even a crap gen phosphorus night vision goggle.

The article doesn't really explain what the universal models are in relation to a parallel "existence" - only a re-structuring of the existing model and depiction of dark separation to be what powers the process? I don't know what it means and was expecting a simply bizarre explanation. Instead I'm baffled. Star Trek it for me, please.

#17 | Posted by redlightrobot at 2018-05-16 06:36 PM | Reply

Yes, but what can they do more me NOW!

#18 | Posted by bayviking at 2018-05-16 06:37 PM | Reply