Monday, May 14, 2018

At least three of the 37 Palestinians reportedly killed Monday in clashes ahead of the Jerusalem opening of the U.S. Embassy to Israel were "armed terrorists" caught trying to plant a bomb near the Gaza border fence, Israel's military said. More than 35,000 protesters amassed at a dozen locations along the security fence, with many engaging in skirmishes that pushed the death toll Monday to the highest in Gaza since a 2014 cross-border standoff between the militant group Hamas and the Jewish state, according to the Associated Press. Gaza health officials told the news agency that 37 people so far have been killed in Monday's violence, and at least 772 have been wounded. The relocation of the embassy from Tel Aviv, a key campaign promise of President Trump, has infuriated the Palestinians, who seek east Jerusalem as a future capital.

Comments

It violates the UN rules governing Jerusalem.

#1 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-05-14 11:47 AM | Reply

more blood in Evangelical hands.

#2 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-05-14 02:10 PM | Reply

on

#3 | Posted by ichiro at 2018-05-14 02:10 PM | Reply

It violates the UN rules governing Jerusalem. - #1 | Posted by LauraMohr at 2018-05-14 11:47 AM
I was not aware that the UN rules governed where the US had her embassies. Have you got a decent citation I can peruse?

#4 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-05-14 02:23 PM | Reply

#4 www.independent.co.uk

#5 | Posted by 726 at 2018-05-14 02:51 PM | Reply

"I was not aware that the UN rules governed where the US had her embassies."

What's Hebrew for "Straw Man?"

#6 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 03:01 PM | Reply

איש קש

#7 | Posted by madscientist at 2018-05-14 03:23 PM | Reply

You know what happens if you're an Israeli Prime Minister who supports a peaceful resolution and a two-state solution?

You get assassinated by an Orthodox Jew, and a right-winger becomes Prime Minister.

#8 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 03:27 PM | Reply

www.independent.co.uk - #5 | POSTED BY 726 AT 2018-05-14 02:51 PM | REPLY
Hahahahaha....From your link:
While the vote has little practical impact – it is not legally binding – it is a considerable embarrassment for the US as it reflects global opinion.

#9 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-05-14 03:40 PM | Reply

#6 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2018-05-14 03:01 PM
Are you still failing to figure out what a straw man fallacy is? Or was that merely a rhetorical question with no basis in the ongoing conversation on this page?

#10 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-05-14 03:42 PM | Reply

Avigdore wrote: "I was not aware that the UN rules governed where the US had her embassies."

Nobody made that claim.

Well, other than the Avigdore straw man.

#11 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 04:15 PM | Reply

Well, other than the Avigdore straw man. - #11 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 04:15 PM

You're just pretending not to know what straw man fallacies are now, aren't you? You're consistently ignorant of what it means. Willfully so, or do you tease me?
The entire article discussed the move of the embassy to Israel and the effects thereof.
To which Ms. Mohr commented this: It violates the UN rules governing Jerusalem.
Maybe she was saying that the protestors violence was in violation of UN rules governing Jerusalem? I doubt it, but as I couldn't be sure, I certainly didn't either assign her a position or attack that position.

#12 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-05-14 06:37 PM | Reply

"What do you believe she was speaking of when she claimed it violated UN rules, if not the topic of the article?"
It's a self-explanatory statement.

If you had simply respnosded "Yeah, well, UN be damned, It's not illegal" then you could have been self-explanatory too.

Instead, you pretended like you didn't know it was illegal, and demanded to see proof that it was.

You set up a false claim, then demanded someone knock it down.

And here we are.

You gonna do anything about it?

#13 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 08:23 PM | Reply

You set up a false claim, then demanded someone knock it down.
And here we are.
You gonna do anything about it?

#13 | POSTED BY SNOOFY AT 2018-05-14 08:23 PM
I didn't realize that the UN had a law about embassy in Jerusalem, so I asked if LM had more for me to read up on it.
You have a bizarre definition of 'demanded'.
I never claimed anything of the sort.
You're wrong, but you're used to it.
Continue to mock you is what I'm going to do about it.

#14 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-05-14 08:59 PM | Reply

#15 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 11:13 PM | Reply

No actually it's been the law for quite some time but presidents have been putting it off every 6 months for quite awhile.

We should move our embassy to Crimea as it is freezing in Moscow

#16 | Posted by bruceaz at 2018-05-15 12:19 AM | Reply

Sounds good. Maybe you can explain one thing to me, is it actually against the law for the US to move the embassy to Jerusalem? - #15 | Posted by snoofy at 2018-05-14 11:13 PM
Not that I've found, but I don't claim to be all-knowing. Which is why I asked LM for more info. I have read a couple of UN resolutions passed back in the 80's which talk about Israel taking control over the whole city being against those resolutions, but nothing about embassies.

#17 | Posted by Avigdore at 2018-05-15 06:20 AM | Reply